Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Assessing Every Dropback « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 26, 2013, 01:49:42 PM

Just watched it again.

Mike Williams dropped three catchable balls. Don't bring your troll ass in here and say they were poorly thrown balls. All three hit him in the hands.

VJax clearly ran a wrong route right into the waiting safety and Josh threw it where it needed to be thrown.

Bynham whiffed on a block and left a rusher unblocked for a sack.

WTF did the trolls see? You fools who are ragging on our starting QB for WHAT? 2 weeks before the lights come on for real need to STFU. Suck it you bloody wankers.
Shhhhh you'll give these Freehaters an aneurism.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 26, 2013, 02:10:45 PM

"what were you expectting to find when you came here"

When I came here there were about twenty people on the board, one of whom was complaining about how the board had gone downhill. Shut your suck, noob.

Why don't you go back to whining about what a dungeon Pirate's Cove is and how the people there need to get lives? Oh, that's right, you post there more than anyone else now. Hypocrite.

Well, I guess we all know what happened last time. lol  Now dont go getting yourself banned again . . . .  boy   ;)

LMAO

Anyway, you dont think its legitimate to ask why posters come on these FAN BOARDS to complain about encountering fans?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 26, 2013, 02:13:37 PM

Just watched it again.

Mike Williams dropped three catchable balls. Don't bring your troll ass in here and say they were poorly thrown balls. All three hit him in the hands.

VJax clearly ran a wrong route right into the waiting safety and Josh threw it where it needed to be thrown.

Bynham whiffed on a block and left a rusher unblocked for a sack.

WTF did the trolls see? You fools who are ragging on our starting QB for WHAT? 2 weeks before the lights come on for real need to STFU. Suck it you bloody wankers.
Shhhhh you'll give these Freehaters an aneurism.

Lol, true.  I dont get the overselling of Free hate. To be sure, the guy did little or NOTHING to quiet his critics in the MIami game and, in fact, gave some ammunition to those critics, but why do all the "Freehaters" hate any information suggesting Free is only part to blame? Partial blame is still blame . .  it's just partial . . . which seems uncontroversial whenh its a team game

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 26, 2013, 02:21:38 PM

In reality it's 8 or 10 posters.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 26, 2013, 02:25:21 PM

In reality it's 8 or 10 posters.

you mean that take the approach I mentioned? If so, you may be right.

It's hard to keep track of much on the Red Baoird these days . . . a lot of "noise"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 26, 2013, 02:56:51 PM

Well, I don't think anyone can argue he has work to do.  I am not 100% sold on this system, that it fits his skills.  Sure it worked for Eli, but Freeman is a lot different of a QB. They have completely eliminated his strong points, like scrambling, and improvising on the run.  They seem to be determined to turn him into a pocket passer, who stands there and surveys the defense and makes split second decisions.  Tom Brady he is not.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 26, 2013, 02:58:51 PM

Well, I don't think anyone can argue he has work to do.  I am not 100% sold on this system, that it fits his skills.  Sure it worked for Eli, but Freeman is a lot different of a QB. They have completely eliminated his strong points, like scrambling, and improvising on the run.  They seem to be determined to turn him into a pocket passer, who stands there and surveys the defense and makes split second decisions.  Tom Brady he is not.

100% agree.

Hope what we've seen so far in Preseason is vanilla without the scrambling - on purpose.

One of the best plays by JF thus far was a scramble to the left in the endzone.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 26, 2013, 03:03:05 PM

good points

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#38 : August 26, 2013, 03:05:49 PM

How many systems do we have to go through before we realize its not the system at fault. Its the QB.

This is his 3rd or 4th offensive system?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 26, 2013, 03:06:42 PM

chicken and egg ...   until this season IMO.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 26, 2013, 03:37:46 PM

How many systems do we have to go through before we realize its not the system at fault. Its the QB.

I would think him looking good in one system, and horrid in another, points more to the system being the problem, rather than the player.

gone

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 26, 2013, 03:50:38 PM

Freeman actually started out reasonably solid.  He was going through (or trying to go through) his progressions, and other than the one dump off to Mike his decisions seemed right (and even that worked out).  This was a good sign to me.  But after a while he started to make some questionable decisions, and after that just some horrible throws.  It's like he lost his focus and went back to the "old Josh".

I disagree strongly about a few of the things Leo said though (shocking, I know).  The one "perfect first down pass" that Mike dropped was actually a half a beat too late and the defender got back in time to contest it, for example.  That kind of thing is going to happen to everyone now and again, it's just frustrating that it seems to happen to Josh more than "now and again".  The throw to the middle for Mike was too high, and not something you want do to your WR in general.  Could he have caught it?  Maybe, he got high enough for it.  But he shouldn't have needed to.  This was a great example of people talking about someone needing to bail out Josh.  It was a ball that the WR has to make a play on in order to get, rather than one that hits him when and where it should.  Again, this happens, but it just happens a lot with Josh.  He needs to clean that up.  And then you have just some downright ugly throws.  That's just not acceptable.  Too many of those for a guy who wants to get paid.

The "miscommunications" thing is an issue we need to be concerned about but Leo gives the impression that this was all on the WRs.  The one he goes into detail with with VJax, for example.  The safety was deep, and was giving help over the top on that play.  It really looked like VJax mad the right call cutting in.  Had he kept going he would have had two defenders all over him when the ball got there.  Can anyone say for certain who made the right decision on that play? Not anyone outside the building.  Leo and a lot of people here will give Josh the benefit of the doubt on that one.  I don't, myself.  It less likely  that we have consistent misreads among every WR than we have consistent misreads from one player.  Yes, there are going to be misreads by the WRs, it's not a perfect world.  But the common denominator is #5.  And this kind of stuff happened before the current regime as well. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 26, 2013, 03:54:09 PM

Freeman actually started out reasonably solid.  He was going through (or trying to go through) his progressions, and other than the one dump off to Mike his decisions seemed right (and even that worked out).  This was a good sign to me.  But after a while he started to make some questionable decisions, and after that just some horrible throws.  It's like he lost his focus and went back to the "old Josh".

I disagree strongly about a few of the things Leo said though (shocking, I know).  The one "perfect first down pass" that Mike dropped was actually a half a beat too late and the defender got back in time to contest it, for example.  That kind of thing is going to happen to everyone now and again, it's just frustrating that it seems to happen to Josh more than "now and again".  The throw to the middle for Mike was too high, and not something you want do to your WR in general.  Could he have caught it?  Maybe, he got high enough for it.  But he shouldn't have needed to.  This was a great example of people talking about someone needing to bail out Josh.  It was a ball that the WR has to make a play on in order to get, rather than one that hits him when and where it should.  Again, this happens, but it just happens a lot with Josh.  He needs to clean that up.  And then you have just some downright ugly throws.  That's just not acceptable.  Too many of those for a guy who wants to get paid.

The "miscommunications" thing is an issue we need to be concerned about but Leo gives the impression that this was all on the WRs.  The one he goes into detail with with VJax, for example.  The safety was deep, and was giving help over the top on that play.  It really looked like VJax mad the right call cutting in.  Had he kept going he would have had two defenders all over him when the ball got there.  Can anyone say for certain who made the right decision on that play? Not anyone outside the building.  Leo and a lot of people here will give Josh the benefit of the doubt on that one.  I don't, myself.  It less likely  that we have consistent misreads among every WR than we have consistent misreads from one player.  Yes, there are going to be misreads by the WRs, it's not a perfect world.  But the common denominator is #5.  And this kind of stuff happened before the current regime as well.

I would just add, when he started out good, then went south after that, it was the increased pass rush to blame. The O-line was garbage.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#43 : August 26, 2013, 03:54:38 PM

I would think him looking good in one system, and horrid in another, points more to the system being the problem, rather than the player.
Which system did he look good in?

The Olson system? Cuz you just said you don't think this system plays to his strengths.

gone

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 26, 2013, 03:58:52 PM

Attempt 13: Freeman is under pressure in the back of his end zone, and throws deep for Mike Williams, who gets his feet caught with a defender and cant quite pick up the ball. The ball was still overthrown, but Freeman had to make sure it wasnt intercepted.

That was a good designed play to have both WR's go to the same spot.

You're talking about two different plays.  Attempt 13 was just Mike to that side.  Josh was under pressure in the EZ and chucked up a jumper.  He should have thrown it away.  In fact, he might have been attempting to do so and didn't get enough on it.  He had a guy right in his face and couldn't eat a safety.  It's anyone's guess as to which it was.  I know which way I lean, and I think I can guess which way you would too lol.

As for the play you are talking about, That was attempt 8.  And, yeah, it looked pretty stupid having two guys go the same way.  But why the hell did Josh throw it there then? 
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Assessing Every Dropback « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools