Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you draft...A once-in-a-decade pass rusher or a franchise quarterback.? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 27, 2013, 01:39:40 PM

I think it could be argued that a TRUE franchise quarterback is a once in a decade prospect... well, I guess two with Luck and Griffin

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 27, 2013, 01:43:20 PM

I think it could be argued that a TRUE franchise quarterback is a once in a decade prospect... well, I guess two with Luck and Griffin

Kap and Wilson could get there, but lets see how they progress.  Too early to crown them now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 27, 2013, 01:45:21 PM

Call me blind, but I don't see what everyone else sees in Jadeveon Clowney.  I see an unpolished version of Julius Peppers.  Jason Pierre-Paul.  Good, maybe even great with the right coaching, but without legendary potential.

We'll see, I guess.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 27, 2013, 01:46:13 PM

I'm surprised by that... everything I read insinuates he's a demi-God

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 27, 2013, 02:04:46 PM

Haven't you heard?  Reggie White and Deacon Jones amalgamated in Heaven, and they've come back to sit the bench behind Jadeveon Clowney.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 27, 2013, 02:08:25 PM

Call me blind, but I don't see what everyone else sees in Jadeveon Clowney.  I see an unpolished version of Julius Peppers.  Jason Pierre-Paul.  Good, maybe even great with the right coaching, but without legendary potential.

We'll see, I guess.

He has been a man among boys his whole time at SC.  Will that be the case in the pros?  We shall see.  Its a risk, but so is taking a "franchise QB"

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 27, 2013, 02:18:57 PM

Haven't you heard?  Reggie White and Deacon Jones amalgamated in Heaven, and they've come back to sit the bench behind Jadeveon Clowney.

I busted out laughing and my co-workers gave me the stink eye

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 27, 2013, 02:45:29 PM

The Rams are giving up on Bradford already?
I would.. He's not that good.

Well, we are still **CENSORED**img around with Freeman, and the Rams drafted Bradford a year after we drafted Freeman. They are the same age though. 

One thing going for Bradford is he set a lot of records his rookie year, and was the Rookie of the Year in 2010.

I don't see Fischer giving up on him just yet.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 27, 2013, 03:42:17 PM

Im taking Clowney. Hes a once in a generation freak you just cant pass on...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 27, 2013, 03:58:53 PM

doesnt clowney have some injury history? 

ill take a franchise QB every day over any other position.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 27, 2013, 05:15:45 PM

The abstract of this question is pretty stupid.  If you have a franchise QB you take the rusher.  If you don't have a franchise QB you take him.   The only time it gets iffy is when you have a QB but he doesn't have much time left.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 27, 2013, 05:29:34 PM

Franchise QB unless you are GB, NO, NE, Indy, Redskins, and maybe a couple others.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 27, 2013, 05:33:21 PM

caradoc:
 "The abstract of this question is pretty stupid.  If you have a franchise QB you take the rusher.  If you don't have a franchise QB you take him."

I disagree. Even if you've got a franchise QB, you take him anyway. Trade the old one for mega picks and pay the new one peanuts through his rookie contract. Would make your team.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 27, 2013, 10:26:43 PM

doesnt clowney have some injury history? 

ill take a franchise QB every day over any other position.

What if you are the Niners?  Or Seahawks?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 28, 2013, 03:40:33 PM

Sam Bradford has one less year experience as Freeman, has gone through a couple HCs, a different OC every year, has had little talent in offense (unlike Freeman last year) and put up comparable numbers and won just as many games. 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you draft...A once-in-a-decade pass rusher or a franchise quarterback.? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools