Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you draft...A once-in-a-decade pass rusher or a franchise quarterback.? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 27, 2013, 01:39:40 PM

I think it could be argued that a TRUE franchise quarterback is a once in a decade prospect... well, I guess two with Luck and Griffin

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 27, 2013, 01:43:20 PM

I think it could be argued that a TRUE franchise quarterback is a once in a decade prospect... well, I guess two with Luck and Griffin

Kap and Wilson could get there, but lets see how they progress.  Too early to crown them now.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 27, 2013, 01:45:21 PM

Call me blind, but I don't see what everyone else sees in Jadeveon Clowney.  I see an unpolished version of Julius Peppers.  Jason Pierre-Paul.  Good, maybe even great with the right coaching, but without legendary potential.

We'll see, I guess.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 27, 2013, 01:46:13 PM

I'm surprised by that... everything I read insinuates he's a demi-God

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 27, 2013, 02:04:46 PM

Haven't you heard?  Reggie White and Deacon Jones amalgamated in Heaven, and they've come back to sit the bench behind Jadeveon Clowney.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 27, 2013, 02:08:25 PM

Call me blind, but I don't see what everyone else sees in Jadeveon Clowney.  I see an unpolished version of Julius Peppers.  Jason Pierre-Paul.  Good, maybe even great with the right coaching, but without legendary potential.

We'll see, I guess.

He has been a man among boys his whole time at SC.  Will that be the case in the pros?  We shall see.  Its a risk, but so is taking a "franchise QB"

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 27, 2013, 02:18:57 PM

Haven't you heard?  Reggie White and Deacon Jones amalgamated in Heaven, and they've come back to sit the bench behind Jadeveon Clowney.

I busted out laughing and my co-workers gave me the stink eye

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 27, 2013, 02:45:29 PM

The Rams are giving up on Bradford already?
I would.. He's not that good.

Well, we are still **CENSORED**img around with Freeman, and the Rams drafted Bradford a year after we drafted Freeman. They are the same age though. 

One thing going for Bradford is he set a lot of records his rookie year, and was the Rookie of the Year in 2010.

I don't see Fischer giving up on him just yet.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 27, 2013, 03:42:17 PM

Im taking Clowney. Hes a once in a generation freak you just cant pass on...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 27, 2013, 03:58:53 PM

doesnt clowney have some injury history? 

ill take a franchise QB every day over any other position.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 27, 2013, 05:15:45 PM

The abstract of this question is pretty stupid.  If you have a franchise QB you take the rusher.  If you don't have a franchise QB you take him.   The only time it gets iffy is when you have a QB but he doesn't have much time left.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 27, 2013, 05:29:34 PM

Franchise QB unless you are GB, NO, NE, Indy, Redskins, and maybe a couple others.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 27, 2013, 05:33:21 PM

caradoc:
 "The abstract of this question is pretty stupid.  If you have a franchise QB you take the rusher.  If you don't have a franchise QB you take him."

I disagree. Even if you've got a franchise QB, you take him anyway. Trade the old one for mega picks and pay the new one peanuts through his rookie contract. Would make your team.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 27, 2013, 10:26:43 PM

doesnt clowney have some injury history? 

ill take a franchise QB every day over any other position.

What if you are the Niners?  Or Seahawks?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 28, 2013, 03:40:33 PM

Sam Bradford has one less year experience as Freeman, has gone through a couple HCs, a different OC every year, has had little talent in offense (unlike Freeman last year) and put up comparable numbers and won just as many games. 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you draft...A once-in-a-decade pass rusher or a franchise quarterback.? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools