Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brandon Graham? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

spurzo

Second String

: August 27, 2013, 07:10:20 PM

An idea from the Grantland football podcast.  Brandon Graham is a better fit for a 4-3 D, won't be a starter for the eagles in their 3-4 and they do have some depth at rush OLB.  Since we're hurting for a pass rusher I'd say it's definitely worth a 4th rounder and maybe a 3rd?  Thoughts.  I realize that these types of trades don't happen much but he sure could help. 

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
#1 : August 27, 2013, 07:47:08 PM

I believe Bucs had scouts at their 1st or 2nd preseason game. He hasn't lived up to where he was picked, but I wouldn't mind him.

All Eyez on Me

Starter

#2 : August 27, 2013, 08:14:58 PM

Man i would luv 2 c that trade as long as we dont have to give up much. We need QB killaz and this dude was at the blue M.

spurzo

Second String

#3 : August 27, 2013, 08:29:08 PM

According to PFF he was one of the league's most efficient pass rushers, despite limited snaps.   

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 27, 2013, 08:39:03 PM

We have Trevor Scott.  No one else is needed.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 27, 2013, 08:41:51 PM

after watching him on LGB's big run, i have serious doubts about him.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 28, 2013, 07:44:57 AM

Been saying this for two years now. He hasn't been a complete bust for the Eagles, but he hasn't done much and now that they are 3-4 he will be asked to play LB which means he'll probably be even less effective. He could come here and continue to underwhelm, but it's a risk I would take. In college he played with that anger and tenacity that you love to see in a d-lineman. He was on of my favorite pass rushers right up there with Kerrigan and Carradine. I still think he could be great.

Gametime....I feel you man. That play was embarrassingly bad, but more than anything I think it just shows he should not be playing LB out in space. Put him back as a 4-3 DE, let him pin his ears back and rush the passer. Of course in our defense he'd probably be running so many stunts that he'd be out in open space as much as a linebacker anyways!

In the end, he wasn't a pick of the new regime, he hasn't produced, he is not a good fit for their new defense, and he is not projected to be a starter. I gotta believe he could be had for a 3rd or 4th round pick. Well worth the risk imo.
: August 28, 2013, 07:46:34 AM JDouble

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 28, 2013, 07:47:18 AM

According to PFF he was one of the league's most efficient pass rushers, despite limited snaps.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 28, 2013, 08:05:43 AM

We can't trade our 4th or 3rd until the Revis deal is complete.

BucsWin31

Starter

#9 : August 28, 2013, 09:26:10 AM

Man i would luv 2 c that trade as long as we dont have to give up much. We need QB killaz and this dude was at the blue M.
+1

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 28, 2013, 09:28:52 AM

lol

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 28, 2013, 10:09:19 AM

I think Spence is a nice surprise. He appears to be an upgrade over Miller and actually adds a little something to the pass rush. I think McCoy is good if he stays healthy. I like Clayborn but he has to prove he is 100% healthy and can be the guy he was as a rookie. I think Bowers, DTN, and this new guy Trevor Scott are all solid DE that provide us with good depth. What we really need is a stud pass rusher. At this point in the game we don't have many options. Graham might be that guy for us....it's worth taking a shot imo.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 28, 2013, 10:44:21 AM

We can't trade our 4th or 3rd until the Revis deal is complete.

We can make it a conditional 4th round pick in the 2014 draft that bumps up depending on Revis. It's almost a lock that the pick in the Revis trade is going to be a 3rd rounder, only way  it's not is if Revis retires after this season.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 28, 2013, 01:33:27 PM

lol

Actually, this is a stat category that PFF does handle pretty well. 

Loved Graham out of college, but probably a square peg for both Washburn and the 3-4.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#14 : August 28, 2013, 01:36:18 PM

lol

Actually, this is a stat category that PFF does handle pretty well. 

Loved Graham out of college, but probably a square peg for both Washburn and the 3-4.

I am sure they do, I laughed because the big picture is sure to send some the PFF guys reeling.  The humor for me is in the overly defensive reactions . . . from some.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brandon Graham? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools