Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy says Bucs have defense backwards « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

gone

Hall of Famer
#105 : August 29, 2013, 03:53:10 AM

You don't draft 4 1st or 2nd round players at the same two positions and they all just happen to suck.

The problems with the pass rush over the last 3-4 years has been entirely due to coaching... ie... stupid stunts.

Another completely illogical and unprovable statement made not out of reason, but from an emotional desire to defend a particular actor and cast blame on others.  Good Job.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#106 : August 29, 2013, 09:14:54 AM

Without having read the article or any comments on the thread, if Revis is the Revis we all know, then I anticipate this to be a really good defense this year whether or not it was built "the right way" or not.

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#107 : August 29, 2013, 11:36:43 AM

I don't sit on the edge of my seat for everything TD has come out of his mouth.  I suppose he thinks we should have left the secondary the way it was and brought in and try to build the DL up again. As other posters mentioned, we have spent quite a few draft selections on DL the last however many drafts.  When you have the worst pass D of all time a major rebuild was essential. Perhaps the plan is a 2-3 year plan where they will go heavy DL in the draft next year, AGAIN.   As we all know it is a crap shoot and  there is no way of telling which decisions are gold & which ones are no good.  IMO, they did what they should have. I do think they could have brought in a couple aging vets that can still get after it just to patch things up a little and to show these guys how to do things.  One thing to consider about that route is, unless these guys are high priced FAs that are getting a fat pay day they probably don't wanna deal with Toes On The Line!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#108 : August 29, 2013, 11:50:08 AM

Well we'll see soon enough. Hopefully Dungy is wrong. Otherwise we are paying $24M to Revis and Goldson this year for nothing.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#109 : August 29, 2013, 01:16:01 PM

I don't sit on the edge of my seat for everything TD has come out of his mouth.  I suppose he thinks we should have left the secondary the way it was and brought in and try to build the DL up again. As other posters mentioned, we have spent quite a few draft selections on DL the last however many drafts.  When you have the worst pass D of all time a major rebuild was essential. Perhaps the plan is a 2-3 year plan where they will go heavy DL in the draft next year, AGAIN.   As we all know it is a crap shoot and  there is no way of telling which decisions are gold & which ones are no good.  IMO, they did what they should have. I do think they could have brought in a couple aging vets that can still get after it just to patch things up a little and to show these guys how to do things.  One thing to consider about that route is, unless these guys are high priced FAs that are getting a fat pay day they probably don't wanna deal with Toes On The Line!

Crap shoot?  So MD bears no responsibility for all these horrible picks?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#110 : August 29, 2013, 01:27:15 PM

Every GM has horrible picks, even the great ones. I'd guess that dominiks draft record isn't all that different. The difference comes with QB play and coaching. We should know soon what the bucs have in that regard

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#111 : August 29, 2013, 01:28:04 PM

Crap shoot?  So MD bears no responsibility for all these horrible picks?
and yet that argument doesn't fly with GruAllen.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#112 : October 21, 2013, 12:37:17 PM

What does Tony Dungy know about coaching defense?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#113 : October 21, 2013, 12:40:40 PM

Well we'll see soon enough. Hopefully Dungy is wrong. Otherwise we are paying $24M to Revis and Goldson this year for nothing.

Don't forget the first round pick used on Barron.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy says Bucs have defense backwards « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools