Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy says Bucs have defense backwards « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#75 : August 28, 2013, 02:49:37 PM

Stop trying to act like Dungy didn't walk into a windfall. He did.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#76 : August 28, 2013, 02:52:26 PM

Discredit everything? Reach much? If you believe 0 superbowl appearances in his time in Tampa is getting the most out of what he had then sure. How many NFC championship games?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#77 : August 28, 2013, 02:56:11 PM

Discredit everything? Reach much? If you believe 0 superbowl appearances in his time in Tampa is getting the most out of what he had then sure. How many NFC championship games?

Lol....how can you accuse me of reaching and in the very next breath you continue to discredit the man?

Look, he never got the right OC and that is why he ended up getting canned before we won a SB....but what the hell does that have to do with defense? We are talking about the defense that he and Kiffin built and maintained for a decade. The one that was considered one of the best of all times and made it great and entertaining to watch the Bucs every Sunday for 10 years straight. So let's not get sidetracked ok?
: August 28, 2013, 03:02:54 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#78 : August 28, 2013, 02:59:25 PM

Remember this quote

"You can't teach stupid"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#79 : August 28, 2013, 03:02:42 PM

Lol....how can you accuse me of reaching and in the very next breath you continue to discredit the man?
Do you believe we had the talent to reach the Super bowl under Dungy?

Again, he's a great coach. He did change the culture in Tampa. But we underachieved. And I think the argument can be made that his indy defenses were nothing special.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#80 : August 28, 2013, 03:04:54 PM

Look, he never got the right OC and that is why he ended up getting canned before we won a SB. It was his weakness...but what the hell does that have to do with defense? We are talking about the defense that he and Kiffin built and maintained for a decade. The one that was considered one of the best of all times and made it exciting and entertaining to watch the Bucs every Sunday for 10 years straight. So let's not get sidetracked ok? I don't give two sh!ts about how many SBs he won because that isn't the topic here.

You wanna act like he didn't do much and he was handed everything because he had two 2nd year guys with potential? So having a top 10 defense for the next decade was all due to those two guys? Any coach could have had the same results? Sapp and Brooks would be HoFers no matter who coached them? C'mon man. I know you don't believe that nonsense.

Disagree with his recent statement, but don't belittle what he created and maintained here in Tampa. The man should have a freaking statue outside Ray Jay.
: August 28, 2013, 03:08:25 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#81 : August 28, 2013, 03:05:35 PM

Stop it...Dungy knows DEFENSE.  Are you claiming otherwise?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#82 : August 28, 2013, 03:11:14 PM

But I think he's off base with his comments here. 

Do you think he's off base with his comments, or do you not like that he happened to have any sort of criticism for the Buccaneers?

Let's be honest, here.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#83 : August 28, 2013, 03:12:43 PM

Which years while Dungy was in Tampa do you think the Bucs had the best team in the NFC?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#84 : August 28, 2013, 03:19:20 PM

Do you think he's off base with his comments, or do you not like that he happened to have any sort of criticism for the Buccaneers?

Let's be honest, here.
I think he's off base because the bucs have attempted to build from the front. Had the bucs drafted DL in the first 2 rounds (again) and rolled with with gorrer and Johnson on the back end we'd have the opposite complaints.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#85 : August 28, 2013, 03:25:39 PM

Which years while Dungy was in Tampa do you think the Bucs had the best team in the NFC?
I honestly don't know. How much is attributed to our offense during the time he was our coach?

Again, I think he was a great coach and built a defining defense. But I also believe many coaches could have had great defenses with Sapp and brooks and Lynch and Ronde. I also think that while we had good seasons we underachieved. And I believe that the Colts underachieved during his time there also.

And I believe that the Bucs have attempted to build from the front. Its odd to me that I can't remember a pass rusher drafted under Dungy who was worth his weight.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#86 : August 28, 2013, 03:26:51 PM

Stop it...Dungy knows DEFENSE.  Are you claiming otherwise?
feel free to reference where I wrote that.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#87 : August 28, 2013, 03:47:47 PM

Let's be honest, here.
I think he's off base because the bucs have attempted to build from the front. Had the bucs drafted DL in the first 2 rounds (again) and rolled with with gorrer and Johnson on the back end we'd have the opposite complaints.

Well someone will complain no matter what, but you could argue that since Clayborn and Bowers are huge question marks, especially Bowers, and we let Bennett walk....maybe we should have signed a cheap FA CB to pair with Revis instead of drafting one with our first pick. I mean does it really matter how much you have sunk into the d-line in the past if you are still horrible? We are dead last in sacks over the last three years. It seems, at least from the outside, that we should have either used our first pick on a pass rusher or signed a proven FA pass rusher....but we didn't. We just went all in on the secondary even though the pass rush still sucks.....hence the "Backwards" comment from Dungy.

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#88 : August 28, 2013, 04:17:45 PM

Let's be honest, here.

So when will you say MD sucks at his job?

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#89 : August 28, 2013, 04:53:20 PM

If Vincent Jackson, Donald Penn, Davin Joseph, Carl Nicks, Dashon Goldson, and Darrelle Revis are supposed to be the Sapp/Brooks/Rice/Lynch/Barber for this team, we're in 2001 territory because sooner rather than later those players are going to decline or get too expensive just like what happened in 2003 and beyond.

So our year is 2014? Isnt this what i said?
To remain on track with our SB Team of 2002, a 9-7 1&done season in 2013 would be OK? Do you really think we need Freeney for, and also think Freeney is as productive in january and february of 2015...our only chance on a SB, worth to have more cap casualties before 2014?

I'm not buying this 'we had no chance in 2003 and beyond, our players were washed out' either, as i do not see Gruden&Allen after the SB as anything stellar. Lynch and Sapp still a few years left after 2002 and could have been resigned.

As of right now, i think the plan should be to consider 2014-16 our window to win with the current core. I'm not buying into just 2013 and maybe 2014 WITH Freeney being it. We should be able to find a guy like Freeney in 2014, should we really see 2014 to be our year. A promising 2013, having a better clue about what we have and what we do not, should make it even easier to get a stopgap guy like Freeney.

Would i prefer to have a stud DLer on a cheap contract? Yes
Would i prefer to have a Revis like player on DL? Yes.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy says Bucs have defense backwards « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools