Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy says Bucs have defense backwards « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#90 : August 28, 2013, 07:33:15 PM

Damontre Moore or Mike Glennon?

GT you are horrible in this thread. Dungy made this team respectable.

There are a lot of very talented rosters in the NFL but only a handful of very talented coaches. We were very lucky to have Dungy.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#91 : August 28, 2013, 07:48:59 PM

Dungy wasn't "drafting" fyi.  This is awesome.  Dungy is one of the winningest coaches in NFL history.  We have an unproven MD and Schiano at the helm.  In year four of our "rebuild" we had one of the worst defenses of all-time.  MD sucks.  Schiano probably sucks too.  Some of you can't fathom this simple idea.

Can't say that I disagree with much of that, unfortunately.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#92 : August 28, 2013, 08:00:07 PM

Again, I really liked Dungy. But what players did he develop? Lynch and Ronde? He did less with more here and in indy. Heck, he was fired for it. The guy walked into two pretty good situations and was able to lean on a guy named kiffin.

What players did he develop? Ask Brooks, Sapp, Lynch, Barber, Warrick Dunn, Alstott, and several others, who set the tone for their development. Pardon me, but I think that was a foolish comment.

Geeze, Gametime.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#93 : August 28, 2013, 08:06:04 PM

So when will you say MD sucks at his job?
most expect the bucs to win between 8 and 11 games this year.  I wouldn't think he sucks with those expectations.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#94 : August 28, 2013, 08:10:09 PM

Damontre Moore or Mike Glennon?

GT you are horrible in this thread. Dungy made this team respectable.

There are a lot of very talented rosters in the NFL but only a handful of very talented coaches. We were very lucky to have Dungy.
Neither has played a down. It's alright you don't agree with me about dungy, but I do agree he made the team respectable.  And we were lucky to have him, but we also fired him. I didn't want that to happen, I was heated every time I went in to rayjay and saw dozens of "fire dungy" shirts.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#95 : August 28, 2013, 08:12:46 PM

I did hear the audio today of dungys statement. Much less harsh and much more respectable than the original article infers IMO. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#96 : August 28, 2013, 08:14:48 PM

most expect the bucs to win between 8 and 11 games this year.

Actually, outside of these boards, most expect the Bucs to win between 5 and 9 games this year.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#97 : August 28, 2013, 08:21:31 PM

pick. I mean does it really matter how much you have sunk into the d-line in the past if you are still horrible? We are dead last in sacks over the last three years. It seems, at least from the outside, that we should have either used our first pick on a pass rusher or signed a proven FA pass rusher....but we didn't. We just went all in on the secondary even though the pass rush still sucks.....hence the "Backwards" comment from Dungy.
Who cares about two and three years ago? Different players, different schemes. Fans love to tout sacks until it's mentioned that the ravens and 49ers were only middle of the road in sacks. Then it becomes how important pressure is, right? There were just JAGS to be picked up in free agency. Freeney wasnt gonna save us...if so at least one 4-3 team would have given him a sniff.

And on top of all that I don't believe our DL is horrible.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#98 : August 28, 2013, 08:38:03 PM

esnefeD <clap><clap> esnefeD

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#99 : August 28, 2013, 08:48:58 PM

Wait when Revis was with the jets when they made it to the AFC championship game twice who was their beast D-linemans name again?.... (crickets). You can build from the back to the front it just depends on defensive cohesiveness and pressure. Sacks aren't everything. Revis is going to change our whole D.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#100 : August 28, 2013, 09:16:27 PM

Wait when Revis was with the jets when they made it to the AFC championship game twice who was their beast D-linemans name again?.... (crickets). You can build from the back to the front it just depends on defensive cohesiveness and pressure. Sacks aren't everything. Revis is going to change our whole D.

2010 when they lost to the Steelers in the AFC Championship game? They had Jason Taylor, Calvin Pace, David Harris, Bart Scott, Shaun Ellis, and Trevor Price......and 40 sacks.

Also, they run a 3-4 which depends mostly on blitzing LBs for pressure and sacks while the D-line is mostly more run stuffing. In our 4-3 the idea is to get pressure with just the front four.
: August 28, 2013, 09:20:33 PM JDouble

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#101 : August 28, 2013, 09:27:33 PM

pick. I mean does it really matter how much you have sunk into the d-line in the past if you are still horrible? We are dead last in sacks over the last three years. It seems, at least from the outside, that we should have either used our first pick on a pass rusher or signed a proven FA pass rusher....but we didn't. We just went all in on the secondary even though the pass rush still sucks.....hence the "Backwards" comment from Dungy.

Who cares about two and three years ago? Different players, different schemes. Fans love to tout sacks until it's mentioned that the ravens and 49ers were only middle of the road in sacks. Then it becomes how important pressure is, right?

Over the past three years we have had 76 sacks.

Ravens have had 112.

49ers have had 116.

But you keep on telling yourself whatever you want. BTW, pressure and sacks are not mutually exclusive. If you are getting one, you are usually getting the other. It's rare that a team gets consistent pressure but no sacks.....or a bunch of sacks without consistent pressure.
: August 28, 2013, 09:31:29 PM JDouble

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#102 : August 28, 2013, 09:57:33 PM

We only have one DL who was on the team 3 years ago, right? And 0 defensive coaches?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#103 : August 28, 2013, 11:34:07 PM

Also, they run a 3-4 which depends mostly on blitzing LBs for pressure and sacks while the D-line is mostly more run stuffing. In our 4-3 the idea is to get pressure with just the front four.

Disagree when it comes to Schiano's scheme.  Even though he runs a 4-3 his philosophy is much more similar to a 3-4 where the DL controls gaps and the pressure comes from the back end.  That is a bigger issue than the personnel IMO.

gone

Hall of Famer
#104 : August 29, 2013, 03:50:48 AM

I think dungy is getting senile.

The first, but not the last example in this thread.  If someone says something that a certain faction of "fans" doesn't like, their character is immediately assaulted. 

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy says Bucs have defense backwards « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools