Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Crabtree and Grimm are 2 of the Bucs who have a lot riding on Thursday's game « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 28, 2013, 03:10:37 PM

IMO, Crabtree has won the starting job already.  We will see, though.

He does appear to be the tallest midget, but not by much.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 28, 2013, 04:52:55 PM

I hate to break it to you Grimm - it was time for a new screename like 2 years ago...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 28, 2013, 04:55:07 PM

Or a whole new website entirely!    ;)

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 28, 2013, 05:11:25 PM

Scott was impressive in his debut last week, no doubt, but it's just one game.  He's not going to leapfrog over everyone else to become a starter based on a single game's performance.

This ^^^^^

Some of you guys are an awfully cheap date. No doubt he played well in a short span of time, but the coaches are going to evaluate him on a lot more than that. I think it's much more logical that he makes the team as a nickle rusher.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 28, 2013, 08:57:47 PM

Crabtree and Grimm?    Grimm has been the forgotten man around here. Schiano like his football IQ.

2 different situations though.  Grimm has a couple very good players ahead of him. An All-Pro, and a guy who could be that good very soon. That is tough to overcome. Even Black and Tandy are above Grimm IMO.

Crabtree has no one ahead of him. Stocker? Bynam?  So I would be shocked if Crab did not make the team.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 28, 2013, 09:15:57 PM

I hate to break it to you Grimm - it was time for a new screename like 2 years ago...
was he Josh Johnson before Grim Reaper? 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 29, 2013, 09:25:57 AM

Scott was impressive in his debut last week, no doubt, but it's just one game.  He's not going to leapfrog over everyone else to become a starter based on a single game's performance.

This ^^^^^

Some of you guys are an awfully cheap date. No doubt he played well in a short span of time, but the coaches are going to evaluate him on a lot more than that. I think it's much more logical that he makes the team as a nickle rusher.

While I agree with the "just one game" thought, it isn't like there is an entrenched starter Scott would have to jump over.  That "one game" is better than any "one game" any of the guys competing at LDE have had.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 29, 2013, 09:35:46 AM

I was just reading that Schiano wouldn't name any starting DEs yet on Tuesday. Not even Clayborn.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 29, 2013, 09:38:29 AM

"While I agree with the "just one game" thought, it isn't like there is an entrenched starter Scott would have to jump over.  That "one game" is better than any "one game" any of the guys competing at LDE have had."

His one game was actually better than all of the games all of his competition has had, combined.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 29, 2013, 10:10:04 AM

This ^^^^^

While I agree with the "just one game" thought, it isn't like there is an entrenched starter Scott would have to jump over.  That "one game" is better than any "one game" any of the guys competing at LDE have had.
+1

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 29, 2013, 10:52:01 AM

None of our DEs have been good.

But Crabtree should have the starting job locked up as Noble should be the clear cut #2 and passing down TE. Stocker should be selling insurance.

BucsWin31

Starter

#26 : August 29, 2013, 12:09:56 PM

"While I agree with the "just one game" thought, it isn't like there is an entrenched starter Scott would have to jump over.  That "one game" is better than any "one game" any of the guys competing at LDE have had."

His one game was actually better than all of the games all of his competition has had, combined.

My point exactly, because it was someone very few have heard about its not a big deal. Had Bowers had those 3 sacks, everyone would be saying how smart we were for letting Bennett go. The tape doesn't lie!

BucsSavant

Starter

#27 : August 29, 2013, 12:57:49 PM

Crabtree is a lock IMO. I see no reason for Grimm to make the team. He has maxed out IMO and truthfully isnt that good. Would rather give Baker a shot

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 29, 2013, 02:55:57 PM

Crabtree is a lock IMO. I see no reason for Grimm to make the team. He has maxed out IMO and truthfully isnt that good. Would rather give Baker a shot

Grimm is a good special team player, don't underestimate the value of that.

BucsSavant

Starter

#29 : August 29, 2013, 03:17:59 PM

Grimm is a good special team player, don't underestimate the value of that.

While thats true I don't think that ALONE warrants a spot on the squad, especially with so much talent ahead of him at his position. The bottom third of the roster has alot of young players with potential, would hate to see one of them cut because Cody Grimm is good on special teams

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Crabtree and Grimm are 2 of the Bucs who have a lot riding on Thursday's game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools