Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Crabtree and Grimm are 2 of the Bucs who have a lot riding on Thursday's game « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 29, 2013, 03:21:48 PM

I like Grimm but the league is full of special teams players. Would rather keep a extra guy the D-Line.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 29, 2013, 03:34:41 PM

Special teams doesn't get you a roster spot unless you're Bill Bates.

seanbassak

Starter

#32 : August 29, 2013, 03:42:09 PM

I think Grimm has a good shot, he's good on ST like you guys said and he has experience. I'd put him over Baker. Scott had a very good game the other night, which I'm sure put him in the rotation but I think he'd need another really good performance tonight to win the job. I know the "starters" aren't playing tonight much if at all, but I strongly hope that Bowers gets a good solid half of action to see if he can get something going. I thought he was solid against Miami. Crabtree is the starter in my mind (not that that means anything) but I think it's about time Stocker starts selling ladies shoes... He's shown nothing in his time in the league and barely even looks like he's trying out there.

\\\\\\\"Not living, just killing time\\\\\\\"

BucsSavant

Starter

#33 : August 29, 2013, 04:03:32 PM

I like Grimm but the league is full of special teams players. Would rather keep a extra guy the D-Line.

+1

I'm thinking we keep 9 DL and McCoy, Bowers, Clayborn, Spence, DTN, Gibson, Landri, Scott, Gholston, and Means all can help the team I think. Obviously would be hard to justify keeping all 10. Either way, would rather have each of the above listed players on the roster than Grimm

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 29, 2013, 04:08:45 PM

Grimm is replaceable. Expendable.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 29, 2013, 05:04:30 PM

Grimm is replaceable. Expendable.

Sure is .

We have much better trolls on this board than Grimm Reaper......oh wait ....you meant Cody Grimm ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 29, 2013, 06:18:14 PM

Grimm is done. He just is not the same player anymore.

He jumps out when I watch but he jumps out in a bad way. He is missing too many tackles.

It's time for a new screen name.

Grimm may make the roster based on the fact that there's no one else to make the roster. I agree with his lack of ability to tackle. He used to be a great form tackler and now he tries to throw a shoulder on ballcarriers.

I haven't watched every minute of every pre season game but I have seen him miss about 5 tackles and make one.

IMVHO Keith Tandy has 100x more upside. Or Baker.

Sometimes players never recover from those knee injuries.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 29, 2013, 06:24:48 PM

True. The thing is that if he's going to make the roster for st play he needs to be very good at it. IMO he is a liability out there. He missed a tackle on a TD run in game 2 and he tried a weak arm tackle in the MIA game on the long kick return. That's unacceptable.

If we had injuries and had to put him in a live game we would be in big trouble. At least Tandy or Baker can still make plays. Grimm looks scared of taking a hit.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Crabtree and Grimm are 2 of the Bucs who have a lot riding on Thursday's game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools