Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman only throws to open receivers « previous next »
Page: 1 2

jbr18

Second String

: August 28, 2013, 09:25:12 AM

He never throws before receivers make their break, only whentheir visibly open. Do you think that will become a problem with the better defenses?

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 28, 2013, 09:58:02 AM

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 28, 2013, 09:59:13 AM

I think it would be a problem against an NFL defense.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 28, 2013, 10:01:16 AM

It's not really true though.  Don't get me wrong, this is not intended as any sort of major lauding of Freeman.  But see, for example, those throws where there is clear miscommunication between Freeman and his receivers.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 28, 2013, 10:48:35 AM

A concern of mine is our receivers arent that great at getting open, or at least getting open quick. I think we paid money for a number two whos a good jump ball guy with great hands but appears covered most of the time, and our number one receiver has awesome size and skill but he appears covered most times too. I think Freeman is going to be dropping back and having tough decisions because the rush will be coming and his receivers look covered. I expect Ogletree to get way more receptions than people think as a result of this. I love Vjax and I like Mike Williams but I dont care for the combination of the two(yes i know im the only one), and even though Mike Williams is better than Ogletree, I think if Ogletree was number two  and Jackson was number 1, Freeman would have better looks. If its not the receivers fault than its the OCs fault  for designing routes that take too much time maybe.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 28, 2013, 11:24:42 AM

Do you think that will become a problem with the better defenses?
I think it became a problem about 3 years ago.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

utbuc

Second String

#6 : August 28, 2013, 11:41:12 AM

I don't know 3 years ago last year we was 10 th in the nfl in passing yards I will take that.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 28, 2013, 11:43:59 AM

Only open receivers you say?

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 28, 2013, 11:50:31 AM

Only open receivers you say?

They are open on jump balls...Freeman's only throw anway.

blackthoughtz

Starter

#9 : August 28, 2013, 12:01:45 PM

i reall wish we had a reputation feature on this board

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 28, 2013, 12:03:48 PM

Uh, I can't tell you how many times we've seen Freeman throw back shoulder or jump balls to guys being tightly covered. Don't know what you've been watching.

blackthoughtz

Starter

#11 : August 28, 2013, 12:06:57 PM

Uh, I can't tell you how many times we've seen Freeman throw back shoulder or jump balls to guys being tightly covered. Don't know what you've been watching.

The thing is you can tell he doesn't watch

Just saw some ish in this preseason replay or heard somethin an idiot broadcaster said and spewed it back up

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 28, 2013, 12:18:41 PM

This conversation is difficult to keep hearing and addressing.  Josh Freeman isn't the answer for ANY team as a starter in the NFL...at this point.  He gets 5 games to prove everyone wrong this season, but he has done NOTHING to prove any of his critics wrong.  If anything, he has given them ammunition. 

I have no idea if Glennon is the answer or not, but I'd at least like to lose with a kid who has potential instead of a kid who has been told he has potential.  True potential shows up on Sunday's and produces results. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 28, 2013, 12:29:28 PM

A concern of mine is our receivers arent that great at getting open, or at least getting open quick. I think we paid money for a number two whos a good jump ball guy with great hands but appears covered most of the time, and our number one receiver has awesome size and skill but he appears covered most times too. I think Freeman is going to be dropping back and having tough decisions because the rush will be coming and his receivers look covered. I expect Ogletree to get way more receptions than people think as a result of this. I love Vjax and I like Mike Williams but I dont care for the combination of the two(yes i know im the only one), and even though Mike Williams is better than Ogletree, I think if Ogletree was number two  and Jackson was number 1, Freeman would have better looks. If its not the receivers fault than its the OCs fault  for designing routes that take too much time maybe.
This. Freeman has his issues, but he's not exactly playing with Chad Johnson and Torrey Holt in their primes who can just shake a DB with a crisp move. Jackson and Williams have elite NFL skills, but neither are anything close to elite route runners. Their primary NFL skill is catching balls in traffic because they don't have elite NFL skills to get open.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#14 : August 28, 2013, 12:31:25 PM

I don't know 3 years ago last year we was 10 th in the nfl in passing yards I will take that.

Can't rest on yesterday's accomplishments, it's a what have you done for me lately league, and Freeman more then likely has the job locked up until the bye week. Depending on the record at that point may determine whether #8 will be seeing the field or not, regardless if the Freepologists or Glennonites like it or not.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman only throws to open receivers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools