Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman only throws to open receivers « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 28, 2013, 12:38:00 PM

Crisp moves aren't necessary, but a throw on time is. Vjax and mike will are usually open as they come out of their breaks... They just aren't open 3 steps later.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

blackthoughtz

Starter

#16 : August 28, 2013, 12:57:45 PM

This conversation is difficult to keep hearing and addressing.  Josh Freeman isn't the answer for ANY team as a starter in the NFL...at this point.  He gets 5 games to prove everyone wrong this season, but he has done NOTHING to prove any of his critics wrong.  If anything, he has given them ammunition. 

I have no idea if Glennon is the answer or not, but I'd at least like to lose with a kid who has potential instead of a kid who has been told he has potential.  True potential shows up on Sunday's and produces results.

Last year he brought this team to the 10th best passing offense in the league with a terrible end to the season. If a team cant find a way to win with the 10th best passing attack in the league I don't know what else you need from a QB then

\\\"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 28, 2013, 01:38:52 PM

Consistency

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 28, 2013, 01:58:20 PM

Well no, he doesn't only throw to open receivers, the back shoulder throws, the "jump ball" throws are usually throw into a covered receiver. What you mean is he has trouble anticipating open WR on some routes.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 28, 2013, 02:18:54 PM

Just started re-watching the Dolphins game... this topic is nonsense.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 28, 2013, 02:23:07 PM

...So now were attacking him for throwing it to an open wide out?

I guess the haters get bored saying the same stuff over and over?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 28, 2013, 02:25:28 PM

He's unable to anticipate when the receiver will be open and throw into that window.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 28, 2013, 02:45:26 PM

He's unable to anticipate when the receiver will be open and throw into that window.
Not sure, but that sounds like a huge red flag for an experienced nfl QB

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 28, 2013, 03:47:04 PM

It's not though. Many QB's in today's NFL, where the linemen are taller than they are, throw the ball in particular areas for the Wr's to go get it. I believe Joe Montana said it best, that he could literally play blindfolded, as long as he knew how long it took a guy to get from point A to point B, and what side he was lined up on. Of course, he had rice, so whatever, but still...he was talking about himself.

Timing is the most important thing for a QB. We see that when we watch josh. When his timing is on, he looks very close to elite. But in this system, the wideouts will call their own shots, as it was explained, so there obviously needs to be more communication. The timing won't ever be there consistantly if that doesn't happen. Guys like brees knows where everyone is at, and a defense would be lucky to even get a hand on him before he quickly throws it. Timing & communication.

I don't care who the QB is, it's tough not knowing where your wideouts are going.

If he has trouble with anything, it's at the LOS

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 28, 2013, 03:53:35 PM

I disagree completely. Freeman needs to release the ball before the wr completes his break. If the timing is off then that would need work. But if Freeman is waiting to see his wr make the break then the offfense has no chance at being consistent. I don't believe you can successfully throw to a wr in the nfl. You have to throw to spots.

Note :this doesn't mean every single play, and it doesn't mean Freeman can't be successful at times. It means he can't be consistent, and that is necessary imo

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 28, 2013, 04:18:33 PM

Most of the time, when any receiver DOES get open, he doesn't STAY open very long unless he's on a go route. That means a QB has to ANTICIPATE at what point the receiver will make a quick move to get open so the ball ariives while he's still open, and before the defender closes on him.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#26 : August 29, 2013, 05:47:17 AM

Some people prob do not want to hear this but I think Freeman will struggle Vs Jets in a big way. I hope not tho

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

gone

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 29, 2013, 06:19:29 AM

It's not though. Many QB's in today's NFL, where the linemen are taller than they are, throw the ball in particular areas for the Wr's to go get it. I believe Joe Montana said it best, that he could literally play blindfolded, as long as he knew how long it took a guy to get from point A to point B, and what side he was lined up on. Of course, he had rice, so whatever, but still...he was talking about himself.

Timing is the most important thing for a QB. We see that when we watch josh. When his timing is on, he looks very close to elite. But in this system, the wideouts will call their own shots, as it was explained, so there obviously needs to be more communication. The timing won't ever be there consistantly if that doesn't happen. Guys like brees knows where everyone is at, and a defense would be lucky to even get a hand on him before he quickly throws it. Timing & communication.

I don't care who the QB is, it's tough not knowing where your wideouts are going.

If he has trouble with anything, it's at the LOS

You really don't care about your credibility, do you?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 29, 2013, 07:42:57 AM

He never throws before receivers make their break, only whentheir visibly open. Do you think that will become a problem with the better defenses?

It's true , and  it's one of his biggest weaknesses .   Leads to mistakes and it also leads to sacks.

Although he does trust his WR's to catch a jump ball even if they are covered , so the beastliness of Vjax and Mike saves him sometimes.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman only throws to open receivers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools