Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BOWERS SAYS BUCS HAVEN'T "SHOWN ANYTHING" IN YET, ADMITS HE NEEDED EXTRA REPS « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: August 28, 2013, 12:08:58 PM

Former Clemson star Da'Quan Bowers has struggled with being an every down player and admits he didn't really know what to expect. Bowers also cautioned fans not to read too much into preseason games when talking to the media on Wednesday.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9116
: August 28, 2013, 12:12:44 PM PewterReportMC

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
#1 : August 28, 2013, 12:13:03 PM

At leasts he admits to being lazy. Too bad that some the fans on here already are panicing. I'm not worried.

tmac87

Starter
#2 : August 28, 2013, 12:30:27 PM

...including a sack against the 2s. I think he'll come on, but to know you were going to be leaned on, and drop the ball, is lame.

Lets f&#(!^ do this Lovie!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 28, 2013, 01:50:43 PM

Yeah, the coaches have a bunch of stunts for the defensive linemen they haven't used yet. Everything will be fine.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 28, 2013, 01:53:11 PM

I guess we will see...    September 8th CANNOT get here fast enough.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 28, 2013, 02:03:19 PM

Yeah, the coaches have a bunch of stunts for the defensive linemen they haven't used yet. Everything will be fine.

lol

I feel like opposing OL coaches and players gotta be chuckling when they see these things run repeatedly.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#6 : August 28, 2013, 02:55:13 PM

lol

I feel like opposing OL coaches and players gotta be chuckling when they see these things run repeatedly.
Yeah, continual stunting is logical only when you have lack the talent to rush straight up.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 28, 2013, 03:16:44 PM

I think the is also a valid argument to try out these stunts in the preseason.  To a lesser degree, why show them all anything that is going to be used in the regular season other than vanilla and experiments?

I don't think you can realistically say the don't have the talent to rush straight up at this point.   They do in my opinion.

Talent levels in the NFL are so microscopically close that any advantage is magnified.    I personally wouldn't show other teams anything, but that's just me.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 28, 2013, 03:18:45 PM

lol

I'm sure the OL guys like it too. So many guys just running into each other and makes their job a lot easier.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 28, 2013, 03:19:43 PM

I think the is also a valid argument to try out these stunts in the preseason.  To a lesser degree, why show them all anything that is going to be used in the regular season other than vanilla and experiments?

I don't think you can realistically say the don't have the talent to rush straight up at this point.   They do in my opinion.

Talent levels in the NFL are so microscopically close that any advantage is magnified.    I personally wouldn't show other teams anything, but that's just me.
So when a team like Miami gets a lot of pressure rushing the passer against the Bucs, do you think it's because they schemed it and "showed" tendencies or do they just roll out of bed being good at rushing the passer and they can do it against anyone?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 28, 2013, 03:20:30 PM

Like last season, our dline rush is about 85% straight up and 15% stunts. I'm not surprised it's been the opposite during the preason, our dlinemen could use the extra reps so they know what personell works best in which packages. Only trolls get off on preseason stats.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 29, 2013, 10:37:25 PM

Bowers shut up lol...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 29, 2013, 10:41:18 PM

They certainly didn't show anything tonight!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 30, 2013, 12:15:24 AM

The pros can't even bring their family to practices in fear that they would sell out their schemes to other teams, so logically it's not like they would use in preseason (on TV) what they would in regular season.

Whatever they're practicing in closed practices are what they'll be using. Bowers is telling the truth about that.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BOWERS SAYS BUCS HAVEN'T "SHOWN ANYTHING" IN YET, ADMITS HE NEEDED EXTRA REPS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools