Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wife of Lawrence Tynes takes shot at Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
: August 28, 2013, 12:47:05 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000235056/article/lawrence-tynes-wife-takes-shot-at-bucs-over-mrsa

We learned last week that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were battling an outbreak of staph infections inside the locker room.

NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Thursday that left guard Carl Nicks and kicker Lawrence Tynes were being treated for MRSA infections, a situation Breer was told looked "something like what the Cleveland Browns dealt with" from 2003 to 2008.Nicks is out for the rest of the preseason and doubtful for Week 1, a source told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. Tynes underwent toe surgery last week to scrape out the infection, per ESPN and Fox Sports 1. His roster spot is in danger.

Asked Tuesday about the status of both players, coach Greg Schiano told reporters: "They are responding well."
"Carl I know more about because he's here," Schiano said. "Carl's healing up. Timeline, I don't know -- I can't put a definite date on that. But he is healing, and he's recovering. And with Lawrence, he's not in town, but everything that can be done is being done to make sure that everybody recovers."

Schiano's rosy assessment didn't sit well with Amanda Tynes, Lawrence's wife:

Amanda authored a follow-up tweet Wednesday, writing, "Thank you so much for all the well wishes. Lawrence finally has the right people in his corner. Right now he needs to rest and get healthy."

With Tynes recuperating at home, the Bucs were quick to find the next guy up. Tampa last week signed former Buffalo Bills kicker Rian Lindell to compete with rookie Derek Dimke.

As for Tynes, it's clear he's less than "well" and soon might be out of work.

Potential lawsuit perhaps coming?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 28, 2013, 12:48:52 PM

Bush league organization

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 28, 2013, 12:50:12 PM

You have to click on the article to see the most relevant, and potentially troubling part...

Amanda Tynes @AmandaTynes9

I hear my husband is responding "well" to treatment. LOL! He's NOT responding at all yet.

This is our #bucslife pic.twitter.com/Gy4z4OcAXA

JohnBuc06

Starter

#3 : August 28, 2013, 12:53:12 PM

You have to click on the article to see the most relevant, and potentially troubling part...

I hear my husband is responding "well" to treatment. LOL! He's NOT responding at all yet.

In defense of the Buc's Tynes is NOT getting his treatment locally.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 28, 2013, 12:57:41 PM

In defense of the Buc's Tynes is NOT getting his treatment locally.

That may be a good or bad thing.

I'm more worried about Nicks and if he's really responding well. Or is it coach speak?

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#5 : August 28, 2013, 01:07:06 PM

I think by the term ""right people"" she means lawyers and they are positioning this for 1 last money grab as Tynes is likely done for his career. We were the last stop for him anyway.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 28, 2013, 01:12:41 PM

I think by the term ""right people"" she means lawyers and they are positioning this for 1 last money grab as Tynes is likely done for his career. We were the last stop for him anyway.

I don't think she means that at all.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 28, 2013, 01:14:22 PM

Doesn't sound like a Buccaneer Man.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 28, 2013, 01:15:18 PM

Doesn't even sound like a man. Wife does, though.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 28, 2013, 01:22:14 PM

Hey, can't blame someone for being upset. 

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 28, 2013, 01:29:10 PM

Just pay him, don't need the bad publicity.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 28, 2013, 01:37:57 PM

would you expect his wife to say anything else? The guy is dealing with a dangerous issue and it stems from his time with the Bucs, of course she is upset

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 28, 2013, 01:42:09 PM

Heck, tynes might be the guy who brought the mrsa to OBP.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 28, 2013, 01:48:35 PM

So Schiano was supposed to come out at his preset and say "We're not sure how Lawrence is doing, but we hear its not good". I think there would be more backlash to that. Coach was asked a question, he responded appropriately IMO. Especially when Tynes lawyer already made statements saying he's upset at how Tynes medical info was leaked.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 28, 2013, 01:51:15 PM

You can certainly feel for the guy, but hell you can feel for all players who get hurt and cut. It's a football team and if you can't football, you are not good to the team. It's not life, it's a game. Tynes kicked a football for a living and made much much much more than the average guy. What does his wife expect? Us to save his roster spot while he recovers? If she does and it sounds like she does, she doesn't understand that its a game and you keep and cut people based on how well they can play the game. Doesn't mean the Bucs hate Tynes, it means he can't play the game right now. Get over it lady, geez.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wife of Lawrence Tynes takes shot at Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools