Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FREEMAN NOT WORRIED ABOUT CONTRACT OR CRITICISM; CONFIDENT IN OFFENSE « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: August 28, 2013, 02:06:32 PM

Quarterback Josh Freeman's mellow laid-back approach rubs some fans the wrong way, but in a year filled with question marks and high expectations, that could be the best approach. Freeman told the media Wednesday that he is confident that the offense will be just fine once the regular season begins.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9117
: August 28, 2013, 02:09:18 PM PewterReportMC

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 28, 2013, 02:18:35 PM

That "laid back" attitude has won him some late come from behind games. I have no problem with that.

My problem is that they haven't figured out how to use the guy after so many seasons worth of tape and actual time with him. He's not a pocket passer and everyone wants to pretend like he is.

He has his shortcomings, no doubt, but when you have that problem, a coach should call plays and create a system that boosts to positives of a player, not make it more difficult for him. It went on with raheem and olson, and now it's going on with sully and schiano. Freeman is all high-risk/high-reward.

If I had to nitpick and blame freeman, it would be two things. Holding onto the ball too long, and not spreading the ball around. I don't care if he stares down wideouts, only that it isn't the SAMe wide out as the last play. Those are the things that really cheese me off about freeman. Other than that, I think he's an excellent QB.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#2 : August 28, 2013, 02:24:23 PM

I've always felt that the way people make a big deal out no extension a year away is some kind of big issue to be a weird one; this is in the same league as Madden taking out the play editor for a football game.

Dire Straits - Ride Across The River,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4T1MQGTV9U

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 28, 2013, 02:42:38 PM

To be fair, Freeman has always played very badly in the preseason.....

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 28, 2013, 05:20:47 PM

Hubris.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 28, 2013, 07:40:50 PM

To be fair, Freeman has always played very badly in the preseason.....

True ...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#6 : August 28, 2013, 08:30:14 PM

That "laid back" attitude has won him some late come from behind games. I have no problem with that.

My problem is that they haven't figured out how to use the guy after so many seasons worth of tape and actual time with him. He's not a pocket passer and everyone wants to pretend like he is.

He has his shortcomings, no doubt, but when you have that problem, a coach should call plays and create a system that boosts to positives of a player, not make it more difficult for him. It went on with raheem and olson, and now it's going on with sully and schiano. Freeman is all high-risk/high-reward.

If I had to nitpick and blame freeman, it would be two things. Holding onto the ball too long, and not spreading the ball around. I don't care if he stares down wideouts, only that it isn't the SAMe wide out as the last play. Those are the things that really cheese me off about freeman. Other than that, I think he's an excellent QB.

+1 great post benchwarmer.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 28, 2013, 09:22:46 PM

Inconsistent

Stares down receivers

Happy feet = scared to get hit

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FREEMAN NOT WORRIED ABOUT CONTRACT OR CRITICISM; CONFIDENT IN OFFENSE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools