Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon's education continues « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 29, 2013, 11:41:01 AM

I would say its playoffs or bust for Dominik. Schiano fate will be in the next GMs hand.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 29, 2013, 11:43:28 AM

If glennon gets the nod after freeman is gone instead of drafting a qB in the high rounds, people are going to be ticked.

This is my biggest fear. If there are guys like Bridgewater, Mariota, Hogan, McCarron, Fales, Manziel, and others sitting there for the taking.....and we just role will Glennon.....man. I don't even want to think about it. It would be like rolling with Chris Simms and passing on Aaron Rodgers all over again.

..and that felt good, did it not?

But seriously JD, how does schiano and the team explain that to an already conficted fanbase? The ONLY way has got to be for Glennon to look fantastic, and I just don't see that, not to mention, he might never even get a shot before the season is over to show much of anything.

I'm NOT a fan of bridgewater, he seems like a mentally slower freeman to me. And I'm not so sure it would excite a seemingly (and oddly somewhat racist group) faithless crowd. I that aspect, I believe Manziel would be a great change of pace and would fit the mold as a QB that Tampa fans would shell out duckets to see.

Regardless of all that anyway, I don't believe schiano makes it in Tampa if Mark d and freeman get the axe. So he may only have this season in reality. If so, a new coach is going to want their new toy, at it would likely be a QB if the only thing in the cupboard is glennon. I don't think you should worry about "default glennon" but as you reminded me, they historically have a knack for passing on the elite QB's.

To the bolded...

1. You could not be further from the truth with your "mentally slower than Freeman" comment. It's not just my opinion. Read up on him and you'll see that he is considered very sharp and very football smart. He is a pocket passer that can also run.....not a running quarterback. You can watch him and easily see that he reads the entire field and makes smart, quick decisions.

2. **CENSORED** racist fans. Who gives a **CENSORED** what they get excited about? I sure as hell wouldn't let the opinion of a racist segment of fan base effect who we choose to be our next franchise QB. What are you thinking man?
: August 29, 2013, 11:47:02 AM JDouble

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 29, 2013, 12:17:39 PM

I say if he has the same record as last year, he'll be gone.

Not a chance. Not his QB.

What if there is little-to-no improvement in the pass defense?

That's the only scenario I could see Schiano getting the boot.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 29, 2013, 12:19:26 PM

Is anyone here claiming Brad was a franchise qb ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 29, 2013, 12:45:17 PM

If glennon gets the nod after freeman is gone instead of drafting a qB in the high rounds, people are going to be ticked.

This is my biggest fear. If there are guys like Bridgewater, Mariota, Hogan, McCarron, Fales, Manziel, and others sitting there for the taking.....and we just role will Glennon.....man. I don't even want to think about it. It would be like rolling with Chris Simms and passing on Aaron Rodgers all over again.

..and that felt good, did it not?

But seriously JD, how does schiano and the team explain that to an already conficted fanbase? The ONLY way has got to be for Glennon to look fantastic, and I just don't see that, not to mention, he might never even get a shot before the season is over to show much of anything.

I'm NOT a fan of bridgewater, he seems like a mentally slower freeman to me. And I'm not so sure it would excite a seemingly (and oddly somewhat racist group) faithless crowd. I that aspect, I believe Manziel would be a great change of pace and would fit the mold as a QB that Tampa fans would shell out duckets to see.

Regardless of all that anyway, I don't believe schiano makes it in Tampa if Mark d and freeman get the axe. So he may only have this season in reality. If so, a new coach is going to want their new toy, at it would likely be a QB if the only thing in the cupboard is glennon. I don't think you should worry about "default glennon" but as you reminded me, they historically have a knack for passing on the elite QB's.

To the bolded...

1. You could not be further from the truth with your "mentally slower than Freeman" comment. It's not just my opinion. Read up on him and you'll see that he is considered very sharp and very football smart. He is a pocket passer that can also run.....not a running quarterback. You can watch him and easily see that he reads the entire field and makes smart, quick decisions.

2. **CENSORED** racist fans. Who gives a **CENSORED** what they get excited about? I sure as hell wouldn't let the opinion of a racist segment of fan base effect who we choose to be our next franchise QB. What are you thinking man?

I'm not a close follower of Bridgewater but from what I've heard he's extremely accurate, very smart and really understands the game at a high level, plus very mobile.

Jdub, don't get flustered people aren't going to know much about a Louisville guy, especially if they live in the south. I think we grab him if he's there regardless of Freeman/ Glennon.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 29, 2013, 12:53:51 PM

I would say its playoffs or bust for Dominik. Schiano fate will be in the next GMs hand.

It's not Dominiks job to win games, why do people think that? Dom's job is drafting and sign/resigning FA talent. Dom's job is to build a talented roster. Schiano's job is to coach that talent and win.

Does anyone not think Dom's done a good job bring in talent?

- Everyone

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#36 : August 29, 2013, 01:02:51 PM

I find that to be an unlikely scenario.

Especially since you didn't mention Tahj Boyd :P

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 29, 2013, 01:05:18 PM

0% chance.

zero.

ZERO.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 29, 2013, 01:07:27 PM

Not a chance. Not his QB.

What if there is little-to-no improvement in the pass defense?

That's the only scenario I could see Schiano getting the boot.
I could see Dom getting the boot and obviously Sheridan, but I'd doubt Schiano would go

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 29, 2013, 01:10:05 PM

It's not Dominiks job to win games, why do people think that? Dom's job is drafting and sign/resigning FA talent. Dom's job is to build a talented roster. Schiano's job is to coach that talent and win.

I think its fairly easy to make a case against Dom.

He missed on Freeman
Missed on several 2nd rounders
Has drafted only one Pro Bowler in 4 years

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 29, 2013, 01:17:05 PM

He missed on Freeman
Freeman is not even close to one of Dominik's biggest misses. Using hindsight, he's without question the third best QB the team has had access to over the last four years. The Bucs badly needed a QB and got a guy who in four years has a 80 QBR, has thrown 15 more TD's than INT's, and hgas already broken nearly every franchise passing record, while having one of the lowest team payrolls and some of the worst coaches in the NFL. I don't know if Freeman will be around after this season, but we could have done a lot worse. What do you think the team's record would have been with a couple years of Luke McCown or Josh Johnson?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

meatwad4343

Starter

#41 : August 29, 2013, 01:19:23 PM

He missed on Freeman
Freeman is not even close to one of Dominik's biggest misses. Using hindsight, he's without question the third best QB the team has had access to over the last four years. The Bucs badly needed a QB and got a guy who in four years has a 80 QBR, has thrown 15 more TD's than INT's, and hgas already broken nearly every franchise passing record, while having one of the lowest team payrolls and some of the worst coaches in the NFL. I don't know if Freeman will be around after this season, but we could have done a lot worse. What do you think the team's record would have been with a couple years of Luke McCown or Josh Johnson?

i'm happy with dom. he hit on McCoy, mike Williams, doug martin, lavonte david, clayborn, just to name a few. hell of a lot better than gruden and allen who only hit on 1 draft pick in 8 years

BucsSavant

Starter

#42 : August 29, 2013, 01:39:48 PM

It seems I agree with most posters here about Glennon, I have intentionally avoided recent topics about him to avoid being labeled a troll. I do think he has what it takes to be an NFL QB and if Free falters again this season Gleenon NEEDS to get his shot to see what he can really do. Free has had plenty of chances, and its his neck on the chopping board IMO, not Schiano or Dom

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 29, 2013, 01:40:22 PM

He missed on Freeman

You show me how Dom is far behind anyone else and I'll agree he should be fired after this year. He drafted 1 pro bowler in 4 years, yet we have 8 or 9 guys that have been to a pro bowl. As much as people want to pretend it's not, the draft is a crap shoot. Dom has got the necessary players through FA when possible. Most teams are more hit than miss in the draft.

- Everyone

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 29, 2013, 01:45:17 PM

He missed on Freeman
Thats nice and all but

When you miss on a 1st round QB, you're talking about at least 5 years of mediocrity. We're in year 5, and assuming we draft a QB in round 1 this year, we could easily be going 6+ years.

If he landed a legitimate franchise QB, all of his mistakes would almost be ignorable. But I think you know that already

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon's education continues « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools