Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Demps « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

magicbuc

Second String
« : August 29, 2013, 02:05:18 PM »

For anyone wondering...its obvious his heart is not in football.

http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/27/jeff-demps-track-football-tampa-bay-bucs/

Where’s Jeff Demps? Still doing track and field in Europe

Nick Zaccardi

Aug 27, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT

Leave a comment

AP

NFL running back/Olympic sprinter Jeff Demps didn’t immediately return to the U.S. to resume his football career after the World Track and Field Championships.

Demps was in Linz, Austria, on Monday, finishing fourth in a 100-meter race in 10.29 seconds. Justin Gatlin won it in 10.08. The time was far from Demps’ best, but it’s notable given his NFL coach’s comments last week.

“Supposedly he’s coming. I don’t know. We’ll see,” Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano said, via JoeBucsFan.com. “I don’t worry about guys that are not here, you know? So he’s not helping us get better right now. He’s out there running track somewhere. So, if he’s going to do that — if he gets here and helps us win he will be part of it. If he gets here and can’t help us win, he can go back and run track. We are here to win games.”

Demps, 11th at the U.S. Championships in June, was named to the U.S. 4×100-meter relay pool and flew to Moscow for the World Track and Field Championships that concluded Aug. 18. Demps, who won Olympic silver as part of that relay in 2012, was not chosen to compete on the relay in Moscow, though.

“I’m just focused on running,” Demps said in a phone interview before the World Championships. “Once I get back to the States, I’ll sit down and have a talk with those guys.

Demps said he planned on running “a few meets” after worlds and that he didn’t have any long-term goals set in either sport.

“Once my season is over, I’ll sit down and see what my next move will be,” he said.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #1 : August 29, 2013, 02:09:37 PM »

not worried about him being on the team, personally.

He's free to do whatever he likes

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

« #2 : August 29, 2013, 02:11:20 PM »

Yeah, I obviously don't know what is going on inside the guy's head, but my guess is that football will just be a fun way to make some extra money once he realizes he isn't that great at track.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

« #3 : August 29, 2013, 02:12:54 PM »

Yup.  It's looking like we traded a proven 1,000-yard rusher and one of the league's most explosive runners because he couldn't catch... and we got Mike James... and nothing else... in return.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #4 : August 29, 2013, 02:13:08 PM »

Thanks for the update.

That sucks. But if he's really good, Schiano will consider it when/if he comes back.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #5 : August 29, 2013, 02:14:38 PM »

Just keep him with the bucs on Madden
« : August 29, 2013, 02:19:05 PM youngone »

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

« #6 : August 29, 2013, 02:17:03 PM »

Who?

You must be accountable for your actions!

bucs63

Starter
« #7 : August 29, 2013, 02:26:48 PM »

Yup.  It's looking like we traded a proven 1,000-yard rusher and one of the league's most explosive runners because he couldn't catch... and we got Mike James... and nothing else... in return.
Add that Blount couldn't block and we had to trade up to get James if I remember right. And according to PFF, James can't block either.

But we were going to cut him anyway so not actually getting Demps is worth something, right?  ???

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #8 : August 29, 2013, 02:30:06 PM »

im honestly surprised we got anything for Blount. Bad history and really had not done anything in a few years.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« #9 : August 29, 2013, 02:54:07 PM »

Personally I would just love to see how world class speed can translate on to the football field.
However that experiment should take place during preseason

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #10 : August 29, 2013, 03:26:22 PM »

Dude is a bad azz when he has the ball.

Quit track Demps. It is boring and you can be gay in the NFL...;)

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #11 : August 29, 2013, 03:31:34 PM »

Bwahahaha

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #12 : August 29, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »

Not sure why anybody would think this guy is interested in playing in the NFL:

“I’m just focused on running,” Demps said in a phone interview before the World Championships. “Once I get back to the States, I’ll sit down and have a talk with those guys.

Demps said he planned on running “a few meets” after worlds and that he didn’t have any long-term goals set in either sport.

“Once my season is over, I’ll sit down and see what my next move will be,” he said.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

« #13 : August 29, 2013, 03:47:04 PM »

Personally I would just love to see how world class speed can translate on to the football field.
However that experiment should take place during preseason

Willie Gault and Renaldo Nehemiah were the two that came to my mind...one had success in the NFL and one was eh...

You must be accountable for your actions!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #14 : August 29, 2013, 03:49:59 PM »

Track speed doesn't translate directly.

However, it sure doesn't hurt any either.

Demps is an idiot. But he sure is fast, and has got to be hiding something...

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Demps « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools