Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cuts & Upgrades « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 26

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#210 : September 01, 2013, 03:22:51 PM

The Patriots have cut RB-KR Leon Washington.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#211 : September 01, 2013, 03:25:46 PM

We had a guy who didn't have an NFL arm trying to play in our vertical offense.. His name was Adam Weber. Glennon has way more potential because he can actually can make all of the throws.

Outside of having an NFL arm Glennon doesn't have much potential. He is still inaccurate and a bad decision maker.

Glennon has a high ceiling, obviously he's not ready right now but he's got a ton of potential.

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#212 : September 01, 2013, 03:26:44 PM

Cut Hillis or James, sign Washington.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#213 : September 01, 2013, 03:27:07 PM

The Patriots have cut RB-KR Leon Washington.

Another kick returner that picked the Pats over us. I expect we will try hard to sign him.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#214 : September 01, 2013, 03:28:58 PM

Weber sucked because Weber sucks. Not because his lack of arm strength. Being able to throw a deep ball is not the most important part of being a QB in the NFL.....hopefully Rutgers figures this out sooner rather than later.
Now he's Rutgers to you too?

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#215 : September 01, 2013, 03:33:07 PM

We had a guy who didn't have an NFL arm trying to play in our vertical offense.. His name was Adam Weber. Glennon has way more potential because he can actually can make all of the throws.

Outside of having an NFL arm Glennon doesn't have much potential. He is still inaccurate and a bad decision maker.

Glennon has a high ceiling, obviously he's not ready right now but he's got a ton of potential.

Most people before the draft knew nothing about him and now all of a sudden he has a high cieling just because he has a big arm? Derek Anderson 2.0?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#216 : September 01, 2013, 03:37:34 PM

Weber sucked because Weber sucks. Not because his lack of arm strength. Being able to throw a deep ball is not the most important part of being a QB in the NFL.....hopefully Rutgers figures this out sooner rather than later.
Now he's Rutgers to you too?

just a nickname bro. He is like Super Rutgers man afterall.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#217 : September 01, 2013, 03:38:16 PM

Most people before the draft knew nothing about him and now all of a sudden he has a high cieling just because he has a big arm? Derek Anderson 2.0?
His college coach told Russell Wilson to kick rocks if he wasn't fully committed to football because he had Glennon... But yea nobody knew about him right?

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#218 : September 01, 2013, 03:52:21 PM

Most people is not everybody. Cosell had him as the 3rd rated QB pre-draft, said he could end up being like Matt Ryan.  He was plagued with drops last year his WRs sucked. His accuracy issues are on the deep stuff, that can be fixed and it does not hurt that we have two of the best WRs when it comes to catching jump balls. Why are you suggesting hes a bust already? Because you didn't like where he was drafted? Or because he's goofy looking? Most people on this board don't like him because he looks like Napoleon Dynamite, lol. Blindly calling him Derek Anderson already.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#219 : September 01, 2013, 04:00:36 PM

I like Glennon as a developmental prospect - he showed arm talent, arm strength, pocket tolerance, command, a fiery demeanor, some pocket presence and did not look overwhelmed. All solid aspects to work with as a developmental type prospect who actually threw to receivers in stride and tried to move safeties with his eyes. He still needs work in refining his footwork but a lot to like based on the sampling from pre-season. 

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#220 : September 01, 2013, 04:12:33 PM

I think he is both better than Freeman and still sucks.

Somehow I knew as soon as Wilson got cut, this thread would be taken over by Glennonites.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#221 : September 01, 2013, 04:13:52 PM

LOL, this is absurd.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#222 : September 01, 2013, 04:15:28 PM

Most people is not everybody. Cosell had him as the 3rd rated QB pre-draft, said he could end up being like Matt Ryan.  He was plagued with drops last year his WRs sucked. His accuracy issues are on the deep stuff, that can be fixed and it does not hurt that we have two of the best WRs when it comes to catching jump balls. Why are you suggesting hes a bust already? Because you didn't like where he was drafted? Or because he's goofy looking? Most people on this board don't like him because he looks like Napoleon Dynamite, lol. Blindly calling him Derek Anderson already.

Now you are just trying to say things and put things in my mouth I never said or even hinted at? I never said he was a bust or I didn't like him because where he was drafted or even mentioned anything about him looking like Napoleon Dynamite. I'm just curious as to why he all of a sudden has this huge potential when before the draft most people maybe not everyone didnt know anything about him. The Derek Anderson comparison came in because like Glennon has showed so far DA is a big quarterback with a big arm who makes bad decisions and is inaccurate. All I'm saying is I'm confused as to where the hype is coming from all of a sudden or if it's just the pewter color glasses. He's a project as of right now and if we have to turn to him during the season we are screwed because he has a long way to go before he is an everyday NFL QB. I also think there were quarterbacks that were more polished with more nfl potential on the board when we picked him.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#223 : September 01, 2013, 04:20:09 PM

I think there were a lot of Lonnie Pryor fans here. I just read that he was released by Jacksonville.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#224 : September 01, 2013, 04:23:22 PM

Somehow I knew as soon as Wilson got cut, this thread would be taken over by Glennonites.

Well when you suggest picking up a QB who couldn't make the Raiders roster and compare him to Jay Cutler you should just quit talking about QBs for awhile.

Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cuts & Upgrades « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools