Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For all those who said Hillis was being cut « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 31, 2013, 09:08:31 PM

Yes because you have to cut a player before you place him on the practice squad.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 31, 2013, 09:08:58 PM

Link?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 31, 2013, 09:17:58 PM

What are you talking about Anti ? If the Bucs didnt like what they have in James hed be PS bound. Keeping 4 has more to do with the top 3 backs all being banged up right now , including Martin.

I don't think Martin is banged up at all. Just no reason to play him in meaningless pre-season. His head is fine. No concussion.

He was concussed , don't kid yourself.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 31, 2013, 09:21:45 PM

Agree with Dolorous. I think a knee to the grape will pretty much wobble a dude.

Which, if you watch, he did right as he approached the sideline vicinity. He was blasted.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 31, 2013, 09:25:44 PM

Yes because you have to cut a player before you place him on the practice squad.

True, but that could still happen.   

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 31, 2013, 09:33:10 PM

I don't think Martin is banged up at all. Just no reason to play him in meaningless pre-season. His head is fine. No concussion.

Joe, did you watch Martin walk off the field after that knee to the head? Dude was woozy regardless of whether they choose to say he was concussed or not.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 31, 2013, 11:19:05 PM

I'd take Dwyer over all of them.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 03, 2013, 09:33:45 PM

he would be if he was placed on it

better pull those britches up... James is the 3rd RB... Hillis is BEHIND him!!!

:P :D

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 03, 2013, 09:56:24 PM

Joe, did you watch Martin walk off the field after that knee to the head? Dude was woozy regardless of whether they choose to say he was concussed or not.

They don't get to choose to say anymore.  If he failed the concussion tests mandated by the league, they would have to report it.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 03, 2013, 10:21:53 PM

Any "bell ringer" is a brain injury.

Fact.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 03, 2013, 10:48:39 PM

They don't get to choose to say anymore.  If he failed the concussion tests mandated by the league, they would have to report it.

I saw him walk off but I must have blocked out any wooziness since I really can't stand to see Martin
getting hurt. If I'm wrong and he had a concussion, hopefully he's 100% this week. Can't wait!

So, did they report it?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 04, 2013, 07:30:19 AM

Yeah because teams never lie about that sort of thing to get a guy back on the field ....ask Colt McCoy.

He had a concussion so severe it caused him to miss the rest of the season , but during the same game they said he was fine, slapped him on the ass , and sent him back into the game , LOL.

You can get your team doctor to say whatever you want to keep the league off your back , and lots of times the player themselves will lie about what they are feeling , because they don't want to have to miss the mandatory amount of time the league makes you miss after concussions.

Fact is if you are knocked out or disoriented to the point you cant get up right away or walk straight - you were concussed.
: September 04, 2013, 07:34:22 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 04, 2013, 08:04:38 AM

Martin had a concussion. It's not even debatable.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 04, 2013, 08:51:22 AM

I was hoping we'd keep Hillis, I actually had him projected to be our 3rd guy over Mike James. Either way, I'm happy we have him and I think RB is one of the deepest spots on our team, which is important if the injury bug should hit. Freeman has no chance if we don't have a running game.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 04, 2013, 08:56:14 AM

So, did they report it?

They reported no concussion.

Fact is if you are knocked out or disoriented to the point you cant get up right away or walk straight - you were concussed.

That isn't a fact, slugger.

Martin had a concussion. It's not even debatable.

It appears it is being debated, Doc.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For all those who said Hillis was being cut « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools