Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LMAO USF « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Bucman

Hall of Famer
: August 31, 2013, 09:58:02 PM

Getting destroyed by a FCS school.  ???

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 31, 2013, 10:09:40 PM

Watching the game right now. Not a good night for the Bulls.

But, the selection of Taggart was the right move.

Holtz destroyed this team. I know first hand his recruiting sucked.

Next week Michigan State. ???

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 31, 2013, 10:40:53 PM

Man.. we're going to kill at the end of November.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 01, 2013, 12:46:43 AM

Matt Floyd was horrible. 3 turnovers and a snapped punt out the back of the endzone give 23 points to MSU in about 5 minutes. After that you could see players giving up. Coach T won't like that. Rome wasn't built in a day. As sad as this was and as embarrassing as this was...at least it can't get much worse. Skip destroyed this team and Coach T has to build this thing from the ground up. We have 3 QBs and none are any good and without a QB who's at least average...you aren't going to win much. This is going to be a long season, but we lay the foundation here and now. I am still on that bus with Coach T. It may be a long ride...and we may be at the bottom of the mountain today...but onward and upward from here.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 01, 2013, 01:21:11 AM

Matt Floyd is the only High School QB that Skip Holtz managed to sign & bring to the team in 3 years.

I despise what that miserable bastard did to this program.

Skip Holtz is the devil.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 01, 2013, 11:12:48 AM

Really, really bad loss for the program.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 01, 2013, 12:09:49 PM

Really, really bad loss for the program.

Well, not a good start, let's put it that way.  Trying to keep it in perspective, it's just the first game for the new coach. I believe he'll right the ship. I hope to see them get better as the season rolls on. It just ticks me off how Holtz left the cupbard so bare. As we all know there is so much talent at the HS level just in the Bay area alone. It's almost inexplicable how he could have done so badly. Yea, there are more teams in the area competing for talent then there was before. But he inherted a decent program w/ a decent name. He should have been able to do much better than he did bringing in good players.

Yea, I know, I'm repeating myself,  but it just burns my ass.  >:(

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#7 : September 01, 2013, 03:04:21 PM

Jim Leavitt,  what is your current employment status?

We just got curb stomped by McNancy State. Please help.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 02, 2013, 06:44:01 PM

Ouch!

Interesting trivia-

22: Years since an FBS team lost by a bigger margin to an FCS team after South Florida was thrashed by McNeese State 53-21 on Saturday. Boise State, then in FCS, beat Long Beach State, which was then in FBS (Big West Conference), 48-14 in 1991. Long Beach's program was dropped after that season. Boise moved to FBS in 1996.

Looks like this is the year everyone will realize why USF dropped the UCF series only to be forced by conference expansion to have it renewed.

Like other USF fans suggest I do believe it will take time but USF will be back after some serious rebuilding.   How did Aaron Lynch do?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 02, 2013, 08:24:29 PM

back to UCF ..... lolz

Runole

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 03, 2013, 05:13:44 AM

back to UCF ..... lolz

So when UCF beats USF will you still consider them not a worthy opponent for USF?   Just curious?   Haven't you been stating forever that UCF was not of the caliber of USF and therefore not a worthy opponent for USF to play?    As a USF are you ready to embrace and understand a made to order Rivalry game?  The war of I-4 is about to commence.  Embrace it don't run from it.

Hey that doesn't change fact that USF did beat FSU a few years ago for the biggest win in the programs history.  It will take time for the new regime to be rebuilt but I believe USF is on track.

So what did you think of Jameis WInston's performance last night against Pitt?      JMO but he represents everything good in CFB with his demeanor and performance unlike that Punk Manziel.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#11 : September 03, 2013, 08:47:15 AM

UCF has been in existence for almost 20 years longer than USF and they have yet to do jack shlt except win maybe the Cr@cker Jack Bowl back in 08.

So, while getting embarrassed by whatever cupcake we just played is shameful (understating it, believe me), UCF fans need to chill back. Never has that half-as$ed program ever been on the national radar. Never have they beaten a national powerhouse.

UCF in my eyes will always be Sun Belt trash. Nothing more.....nothing less.

USF will rise again. Kids want to play in Tampa. Kids don't want to play in Tourist-land. That is a fact.

**CENSORED** UCF and **CENSORED** Mickey Mouse!!!!!!!!!!!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 04, 2013, 08:40:59 AM

UCF has been in existence for almost 20 years longer than USF and they have yet to do jack shlt except win maybe the Cr@cker Jack Bowl back in 08.

So, while getting embarrassed by whatever cupcake we just played is shameful (understating it, believe me), UCF fans need to chill back. Never has that half-as$ed program ever been on the national radar. Never have they beaten a national powerhouse.

UCF in my eyes will always be Sun Belt trash. Nothing more.....nothing less.

USF will rise again. Kids want to play in Tampa. Kids don't want to play in Tourist-land. That is a fact.

**CENSORED** UCF and **CENSORED** Mickey Mouse!!!!!!!!!!!

As a USF graduate I certainly have no love for UCF but I do understand what a Rivalry is, and UCF could be a great one for USF due to the closeness of both schools to each other and the fact that though Newspapers aren't too popular today, 3 of the largest in the state occupy Tampa Orlando and St Pete.

The point is as your post shows you hate UCF and actually that is a good thing because that is what makes a rivalry.   FSU will always consider Florida and Miami its greatest rivals but still will play UCF and USF at times in the future due to maintaining a presence for the FSU fan base that resides in both areas and keeping the recruiting strong.

I don't disagree that USF resides in a better football area than Orlando, but I guess I just see a great opportunity for both USF and UCF to get more coverage in the state by playing each other.

Ideally, I would love to see both get admitted to the old Big 12 but it appears that conference wants to stay at 10 teams.

UCF fans need to chill back. Never has that half-as$ed program ever been on the national radar. Never have they beaten a national powerhouse.

Ever hear of Daunte Culpepper?  They did beat Alabama in 2000. 40-38.  Even beat Georgia in the 2010 Liberty bowl.  I would put that up with USF's best wins.  Miami FSU and Auburn... There is no denying USF has probably the fastest move to relevence in the FBS in history., I just think the dropping of UCF was not a smart move and I am glad they are back on the schedule.
: September 04, 2013, 02:49:25 PM Runole

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#13 : September 06, 2013, 09:26:09 PM

UCF fans need to chill back. Never has that half-as$ed program ever been on the national radar. Never have they beaten a national powerhouse.

Ever hear of Daunte Culpepper?  They did beat Alabama in 2000. 40-38.  Even beat Georgia in the 2010 Liberty bowl.  I would put that up with USF's best wins.  Miami FSU and Auburn... There is no denying USF has probably the fastest move to relevence in the FBS in history., I just think the dropping of UCF was not a smart move and I am glad they are back on the schedule.

That Bama team was bunk in comparison to today's Bama. But, you got me on the rest. Forgot about them beating UGA (a very-loved school media-wise). Kudos to them for that.

With that said, we are like 25-0 against UCF so they suck and will always suck in my eyes.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 09, 2013, 06:29:57 AM

That Bama team was bunk in comparison to today's Bama. But, you got me on the rest. Forgot about them beating UGA (a very-loved school media-wise). Kudos to them for that.

With that said, we are like 25-0 against UCF so they suck and will always suck in my eyes.

No  USF is 4-0 against UCF   It should be a spirited sold out game this season.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LMAO USF « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools