Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TYNES JOINS WIFE IN LASHING OUT AT BUCS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: August 31, 2013, 11:44:44 PM

Bucs kicker Lawrence Tynes, who along with guard Carl Nicks, were recently diagnosed with MRSA. Both are receiving treatment, with Nicks appearing to be recovering while Tynes case is slow to respond. Tynes lashed out at the organization on Saturday for the way he feels he has been treated.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9134

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 01, 2013, 12:02:53 AM

Mo money mo problems

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 01, 2013, 12:10:27 AM

Waaaaah , my employer wants to pay me 800,000 dollars for doing absolutely nothing  for an entire year except getting sick and going home.  Waaaaaaaaaah!!

Tough life. We all weep for you Tynes...or not.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 01, 2013, 12:15:24 AM

The guy is getting 840,00 for sitting out the season and he's complaining?

I understand the situation with the Mrsa and that it could be career ending, but jeebus, most of us have to work our whole lives for that amount.

Now, if it were megatron in the prime of his career, I'd be more understanding. This guy however was lucky to have ever graced the field in the first place.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 01, 2013, 12:28:37 AM

Waaaaah , my employer wants to pay me 800,000 dollars for doing absolutely nothing  for an entire year except getting sick and going home.  Waaaaaaaaaah!!

This..

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 01, 2013, 12:30:57 AM

I understand the situation with the Mrsa and that it could be career ending, but jeebus, most of us have to work our whole lives for that amount.

Now, if it were megatron in the prime of his career, I'd be more understanding. This guy however was lucky to have ever graced the field in the first place.
The ESPN article mentions something about his pension, which is why he's so upset about the fact he was placed in the non-football related injury list. In case you didn't know, it counts against it.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 01, 2013, 12:37:59 AM

Damn I missed that Delta. Thanks

howler09

Second String
#7 : September 01, 2013, 12:39:24 AM

yeah but not making a team and getting cut with no money doesn't count for your pension either ( which the giants had already done)...if we remember correctly lawrence...didn't you originally have the blistered toe,,,who knows if dimke beat you out...the whining from you and the missus doesn't behold to a "vet" ( and 800 K ain't chump change)..but oh yeah we're talking kickers...and i'm a troy alumnus too...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 01, 2013, 01:07:25 AM

Money grab.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 01, 2013, 01:12:08 AM

Totally irrelevant how much he makes or athletes make compared to us. It's all relative.

He may have a point about it being football related. If he acquired while training at the Bucs facility and it wasn't him
that brought the MRSA in, he should have been put on IR.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 01, 2013, 01:31:19 AM

This..
+2

In Verner We Trust

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 01, 2013, 01:38:06 AM

Tynes better hope he wins this suit because he likely won't see another dime for any NFL team now.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 01, 2013, 01:44:25 AM

Totally irrelevant how much he makes or athletes make compared to us. It's all relative.

He may have a point about it being football related. If he acquired while training at the Bucs facility and it wasn't him

Blaming the Bucs for MSRA infection is like blaming the Bucs for global warming.  Absolutely ridiculous.    Since it appears no other Bucs other than the 2 mentioned have the infection I would put the most likely place the bacteria came on board was at the hospital they were treated at.   Hospitals are bacteria virus and other disease magnets.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 01, 2013, 01:48:39 AM

Civil suits are usually settled on the courthouse steps. After both sides weigh their cases and consider the risk a negotiated settlement ensues.

The team put Tynes on the non-football injury list which is where he'll need to cool his heels until the dust settles.

In the mean time he'll get his salary for the year which the Bucs were not obligated to pay. He should be happy about that.
: September 01, 2013, 01:52:00 AM Durango 95

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 01, 2013, 02:09:42 AM

Blaming the Bucs for MSRA infection is like blaming the Bucs for global warming.  Absolutely ridiculous.    Since it appears no other Bucs other than the 2 mentioned have the infection I would put the most likely place the bacteria came on board was at the hospital they were treated at.   Hospitals are bacteria virus and other disease magnets.

Sounds plausible. But if that's the case, then I would consider that it occurred while Tynes and Nicks were training and "at work." Tynes should have been put on IR. I can't blame Tynes for being upset. He'll win a settlement and this will never go to trial. Probably $2 million or so on top of this year's salary, IMO. That's assuming he doesn't play again and his situation doesn't get worse. I could be totally off on that. Just biding time until next Sunday.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TYNES JOINS WIFE IN LASHING OUT AT BUCS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools