Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TYNES JOINS WIFE IN LASHING OUT AT BUCS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 01, 2013, 02:12:09 AM

Blaming the Bucs for MSRA infection is like blaming the Bucs for global warming.  Absolutely ridiculous.    Since it appears no other Bucs other than the 2 mentioned have the infection I would put the most likely place the bacteria came on board was at the hospital they were treated at.   Hospitals are bacteria virus and other disease magnets.

However, it gives another target for lawsuit much like JJ with the Browns. The point about no other Bucs having the infection really doesn't mean anything.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 01, 2013, 02:57:09 AM

The guy is getting 840,00 for sitting out the season and he's complaining?

I understand the situation with the Mrsa and that it could be career ending, but jeebus, most of us have to work our whole lives for that amount.

Totally irrelevant how much he makes or athletes make compared to us. It's all relative.

He may have a point about it being football related. If he acquired while training at the Bucs facility and it wasn't him
that brought the MRSA in, he should have been put on IR.

Blaming the Bucs for MSRA infection is like blaming the Bucs for global warming.  Absolutely ridiculous.    Since it appears no other Bucs other than the 2 mentioned have the infection I would put the most likely place the bacteria came on board was at the hospital they were treated at.   Hospitals are bacteria virus and other disease magnets.

I see what he's saying. But between what you're saying, and his reality (guy was lucky to have ever played and should be thankful) I don't think he "deserves" anything.

Life is a gamble. **CENSORED** happens. You play, win some, lose some, and other times it all evens out. This time he lost gambling and is a little sore about it.

Is it the BUCS fault he got it? No. Because that would be like scratching an arm at a place you didn't realize, then "thinking" it was the local grocery store that caused it. The truth is, he could have gotten it anywhere. Nicks could've brought it with him and exposed it in the lockerroom unknowingly in some way. There are literally tons of variables that would go into finding out where the source came from, but I'm willing to bet they went to the same hospital, shared socks, or even ate dinner together. At some point I believe there had to be an interaction of some sort. One of these guys was the "chicken" and the other the "egg" IMO.

So If that's true, does he then sue Nicks? Because whoever was diagnosed with it might have a case against the other. Kind of joking here, because that wouldn't happen, but the point is, it could've came from anywhere, and without any evidence other than a secondary case that obviously could be tied to one another, he flat out blames the Bucs.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 01, 2013, 07:02:34 AM

Possible Scenario. If Nicks is getting better and Tynes isn't, could that mean Tynes got it first and didn't know he had it. When Nicks got the infection Tynes was then checked and found to also have it.

Why is Nicks getting better and being treated by the Bucs and Tynes isn't and not being treated by the Bucs.

Think there is more to this story than what we have been told so far.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 01, 2013, 07:05:04 AM

At one point I saw he mentions Todd Toriscelli having been out for months fighting an infection. Anyone have any info on that? It seems that may be the point he's standing on with saying its the Bucs' facility's fault.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 01, 2013, 07:12:46 AM

Possible Scenario. If Nicks is getting better and Tynes isn't, could that mean Tynes got it first and didn't know he had it. When Nicks got the infection Tynes was then checked and found to also have it.

Why is Nicks getting better and being treated by the Bucs and Tynes isn't and not being treated by the Bucs.

Think there is more to this story than what we have been told so far.
On paper that's a great point but in reality it means nothing.
You only have to look at peoples natural immune systems and how they react to treatments differ with all treatments/illness.
Some people simply react quicker and are generally healthier.

One thing that does have me wondering though is that Nicks has been carrying his toe problem around for a while now with no real issues (in terms of infection) and no other Bucs have any either.
Tynes is signed and hurt within days/weeks of signing, suddenly Nicks has an issue that is fairly serious.
Something about that timing screams that Tynes was the carrier and he introduced it to OBP/the team.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 01, 2013, 07:18:20 AM

At one point I saw he mentions Todd Toriscelli having been out for months fighting an infection. Anyone have any info on that? It seems that may be the point he's standing on with saying its the Bucs' facility's fault.
It's odd he would claim that considering a whole bunch of articles regarding Revis rehab with the team namedrop Toriscelli as being a part of the process from the moneet he was signed through to recently.
Surely if Todd was carrying some sort of infection like that they would have kept him away from our newly signed $16million superstar that is rehabbing from a quite serious injury.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 01, 2013, 07:42:31 AM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/lawrence-tynes-mrsa-infection-fighting-tampa-bay-buccaneers-non-football-injury-list-083113

Tynes whose wife took to Twitter on Wednesday to refute the Bucs' claims the kicker is "responding well" to treatment said he elected to have a procedure July 30 to fix an ingrown toenail on his kicking foot. Four to five days later, he noticed his toe was red, swollen and oozing pus. Tynes said team doctors gave him antibiotics to fight an infection, but the medication wasn't working. He said he then went to get a culture taken on Aug. 9 and the results came back a few days later to reveal he had MRSA, a serious staph infection that, if untreated, can lead to a flesh-eating condition.

Tynes wouldn't reveal the full details of how he believes he contracted the infection but said, "The individuals that have tested positive for staph or MRSA, we feel very strongly about where it came from."

Asked about a report the team's trainer, Todd Toriscelli, is dealing with MRSA, Tynes merely replied, "I'm not a doctor. I just feel bad he's been dealing with a serious infection of some sort for the past four months."

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 01, 2013, 07:57:10 AM

Just found this:
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9592149&src=desktop

Bucs head athletic trainer Todd Toriscelli also has battled an infection since having offseason knee surgery, but he was not diagnosed with MRSA

RaHonde Barber

Rookie

#23 : September 01, 2013, 08:16:15 AM

I'd be upset too if I contracted a potentially deadly infection at my workplace. The year's salary is nice but he may never play again and after the contract expires he'll be responsible for his own medical bills. Apparently we have a bunch of Jesus Christs' here on this board who wouldn't be bummed out. And the irony of Schiano basically lying about how Tynes was responding to treatment while pitching this F.A.M.I.L.Y. stuff isn't lost on me.
: September 01, 2013, 08:19:15 AM RaHonde Barber

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 01, 2013, 08:39:57 AM

Tynes had an ingrown toenail.  Kinda hard to argue that it's not a non-football injury...

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 01, 2013, 09:42:37 AM

Funny the emotional responses.  Hell, if anyone of us were in his shoes we would do the same.  And who cares?  It's not our money.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 01, 2013, 09:51:47 AM

Tynes had an ingrown toenail.  Kinda hard to argue that it's not a non-football injury...

Great point Calico.

Not to mention I'm sure he didn't have bother to tell the Bucs that he had a toenail so ingrown it would require a procedure to remove when he signed his deal. He already had it in some capacity when he signed , because you don't get an ingrown toenail overnight.  Therefore it IS an NFI .

...and then there is this :
"By the very nature of the condition, ingrown nails become easily infected unless special care is taken to treat the condition early on and keep the area clean."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingrown_nail

So rather than treat the toenail early on , he waits until a team signs him ( probably so the procedure he wanted would be free ) , and then he goes out and kicks in a sweaty sock all day for a week .... then  he wonders why he has a staph infection?  Hillarious.

In short , this crybaby has no case , and he is most likely the one who brought in the staph to begin with . He's lucky we are treating him as well as we are.
: September 01, 2013, 09:58:37 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 01, 2013, 09:52:09 AM

IMO, Tynes is kicking the Bucs organization because he's losing a year towards his NFL pension due to being put on NFI status rather than IR. I don't know how much $$$ that would come to vs the Bucs agreeing to pay his 2013 salary, which they VOLUNTEERED to do. If he does litigate, if I were the Bucs, I'd withdraw that 2013 salary offer. Maybe use it as a negotiation later item if needed...
    No idea if that status could be changed from NFI to IR??  Based on what I've read on this, he probably should have been put on IR.
    Due to the well known existence of microbes everywhere, including all over and inside EVERYONE'S body, it would seem impossible to prove where Tynes' MRSA originated.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 01, 2013, 10:15:32 AM

A kicker develops an ingrown toenail on his kicking foot. Yeah, that's non-football related.

LMAO.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 01, 2013, 10:22:04 AM

Great point Calico.

Not to mention I'm sure he didn't have bother to tell the Bucs that he had a toenail so ingrown it would require a procedure to remove when he signed his deal. He already had it in some capacity when he signed , because you don't get an ingrown toenail overnight.  Therefore it IS an NFI .

...and then there is this :
"By the very nature of the condition, ingrown nails become easily infected unless special care is taken to treat the condition early on and keep the area clean."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingrown_nail

So rather than treat the toenail early on , he waits until a team signs him ( probably so the procedure he wanted would be free ) , and then he goes out and kicks in a sweaty sock all day for a week .... then  he wonders why he has a staph infection?  Hillarious.

In short , this crybaby has no case , and he is most likely the one who brought in the staph to begin with . He's lucky we are treating him as well as we are.

None of what you just typed has been corroborated yet you've already convinced yourself of its authenticity....why behave as if you have some stake in the outcome?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TYNES JOINS WIFE IN LASHING OUT AT BUCS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools