Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TYNES JOINS WIFE IN LASHING OUT AT BUCS « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#75 : September 02, 2013, 11:01:32 PM

Seriously?  Why all the hate for some guy who contracted MRSA at our complex?  Who cares if we give him his salary?  In fact, one of our local radio guys said this was bad PR for the Bucs and looked bad to PLAYERS AROUND THE LEAGUE.  It's not your money.  Geez.

They're upset that Tynes was smart enough to choose a career with a nice salary and not a lot of injury to his body.

#Jealousy

Give me a break Joe. He and his wife should just shut up.

Why?

Maybe the Bucs should have done the professional thing and picked up a phone.

OR they could just do it they way other teams do it. Tynes doesn't deserve special treatment.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#76 : September 02, 2013, 11:09:16 PM

Tynes suggested earlier that his was a higher calling, that he was concerned the Bucs were setting an unfair precedent by putting him on NFI instead of IR and so he was, in essence, making a principled stand and looking out for other players. He also suggested he was concerned about the impact the designation would have on his pension.

How do we know these claims are NOT true and that it is actually about the money, and by "money" I mean more money then just the pension issue?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#77 : September 03, 2013, 07:33:57 AM

Seriously?  Why all the hate for some guy who contracted MRSA at our complex?  Who cares if we give him his salary?  In fact, one of our local radio guys said this was bad PR for the Bucs and looked bad to PLAYERS AROUND THE LEAGUE.  It's not your money.  Geez.

They're upset that Tynes was smart enough to choose a career with a nice salary and not a lot of injury to his body.

#Jealousy

Give me a break Joe. He and his wife should just shut up.

Why?

Maybe the Bucs should have done the professional thing and picked up a phone.

Maybe Tynes should have done the professional thing , like Carl Nicks , and stayed in town and around One Buc and their doctors so the Bucs could keep tabs on his progress , instead of taking his ball and going home.  Carl Nicks is recovering faster , afterall , I don't see him crying mistreatment.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#78 : September 03, 2013, 07:47:04 AM

Tynes suggested earlier that his was a higher calling, that he was concerned the Bucs were setting an unfair precedent by putting him on NFI instead of IR and so he was, in essence, making a principled stand and looking out for other players. He also suggested he was concerned about the impact the designation would have on his pension.

How do we know these claims are NOT true and that it is actually about the money, and by "money" I mean more money then just the pension issue?

Fact is though , when you look at the timeline , and how long it takes a toenail to become ingrown the the point of needing surgery , it was clear he already had an ingrown toenail when he signed with us. Nails only grow so fast....therefore it really is an NFI ( some would even argue an ingrown toenail is an NFI no matter what ).

Dude has no case  , and his actions are shady . He should take the 840,000 and be thankful .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TYNES JOINS WIFE IN LASHING OUT AT BUCS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools