Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If McCoy has the same exact season as he did last year... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 02, 2013, 12:31:02 PM

BS , Havok. You dont draft a guy 3rd overall to plug running lanes. He has to become a double-digit sack guy or he is not worth the 3rd overall pick and 13 milion dollars a year. Bottom line.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 02, 2013, 12:48:04 PM

BS , Havok. You dont draft a guy 3rd overall to plug running lanes. He has to become a double-digit sack guy or he is not worth the 3rd overall pick and 13 milion dollars a year. Bottom line.

...says who? link?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 02, 2013, 12:50:41 PM

Says anyone smart.

link : commonsense.com
: September 02, 2013, 12:54:16 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#33 : September 02, 2013, 12:56:04 PM

Says anyone.

dude...understand the game before you open you pie hole...Google the b**ch...

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 02, 2013, 12:57:31 PM

Seriously, what do we gain by trading McCoy for a mid 1st round pick?
-better production from the DL?
-similar production for less money?

How do we get that othe guy replacing McCoy?
-via draft, giving up again the pick we just recieved to fill the new hole?
-with money we saved by having McCoy off the books?

Actually how long would this guy play on a cheap contract? A 3 year window? We can not even name the QB for right now.

Should it need McCoy to be traded to get a great QB...so be it. Lets see who is available to us next year...and lets hope the scouts are right, predicting him to be the guy to go all in.
But else i would not trade my best players about to enter his prime...for a lottery ticket costing almost as much as it could win us.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 02, 2013, 01:03:14 PM

Show us your understanding of the game , and make us a list of the run stuffers who'vee never had more than 5 sacks making 13 MILLION a year.

Google the b**ch

Ill be waiting.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 02, 2013, 01:05:25 PM

Only a total tard expects a dt to consistently get more than 6 sacks a year. Dt is measured by disruption, not sacks. Through out the entire nfls history only a handful of guys have gotten near or over double digit sacks.

Now he has to be one of the best of all time to justify his contract? A contract that was inflated due to the old change and hence a big sticking point as to why it was renegotiated. Holding guys or teams to that old horrible rookie pay scale is flat out retarded. Sam Bradford should've won 3 superbowls by now if that were the logic.

Not to mention that it's totally scheme dependent.

McCoy runs a lot of stunts or is looking to disrupt a gap to shut down the run/get pressure on the QB rather than just purely get pressure on the QB.

If he was sent straight at the QB on every play, I'm sure that he would have 10+ sacks, but our run defense would be much worse off.

I'd personally trade off a few meaningless sacks for being the #1 rush defense.

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#37 : September 02, 2013, 01:07:55 PM

Show us your understanding of the game , and make us a list of the run stuffers who'vee never had more than 5 sacks making 13 MILLION a year.

Google the b**ch

Ill be waiting.
idiot...demonstrate that you know what a defensive tackle does and I may consider wasting electrons responding to you...moron
: September 02, 2013, 01:12:31 PM Havok904

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 02, 2013, 01:10:09 PM

Says anyone smart.

Common sense tells me even the all time great rarely got over 10 sacks a year.
Common sense tells me the 3rd overall pick costed so much money at that moment.
Common sense tells me, you can only save the money by NOT drafting 3rd overall at all.

But maybe you can tell me what else to do with our 3rd Overall pick in 2010.

Bottom line, McCoy is one of the best (young) DT right now and it tooke the 3rd overall pick and his huge rookie contract to get him. A guy like Sapp was not available to us. But mabye common sense tell you to play with 10 guys on defense is the right move, since the wasted DT has not gotten 10+ sacks.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 02, 2013, 01:13:57 PM

The excuses are priceless...unfortunetly it doesnt change the fact that he was overdrafted and overpaid for the amount of production we've received so far.

Now lash out at anyone who admits this simple fact. That will make it better , lol

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 02, 2013, 01:15:29 PM

So you are telling me you couldnt find any other 5 sack DTs making 13 million a year ,  is that correct ?

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 02, 2013, 01:15:35 PM

Google the b**ch

Ill be waiting.

What would such list prove?
You are as superstitious as FRG, believing in similar moves having similar results.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 02, 2013, 01:17:42 PM

So you are telling me you couldnt find any other 5 sack DTs making 13 million a year ,  is that correct ?

You are telling me a DT with 5 sacks would be as good as McCoy? Thats the only parameter here?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 02, 2013, 01:20:10 PM

So you are telling me you cant find any other 5 sack max DTs making 13 million a year ?

Let me make it easier for you , make me a list of any defensive lineman in the history of the game.

Google the b**tch.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 02, 2013, 01:22:08 PM

The excuses are priceless...unfortunetly it doesnt change the fact that he was overdrafted and overpaid for the amount of production we've received so far.

Now lash out at anyone who admits this simple fact. That will make it better , lol

So McCoy would have been available to us in the 2nd round? There was any chance to sign him for less?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If McCoy has the same exact season as he did last year... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools