Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GRUDEN BACKS FREEMAN AND BUCS, SAYS WILL WIN NFC SOUTH « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#45 : September 01, 2013, 04:48:36 PM

Give up? Are we playing a game?

Look bro, Gruden was supposedly an offensive genius. Personally I think he over complicate everything to the point which most of his roster couldn't grasp the playbook and struggled to be on the same page and execute well....which is why he never seemed to do well with young players and always leaned towards old experienced vets. Either way, being a great offensive mind did not end up equating to great head coach. He couldn't get the relationship part of the job down and he couldn't develop young players to save his life. The era of Gruden/Allen brought us many things, but quality young players was not one of them. Quite the opposite actually.

And now as a commentator he literally loves every single guy on the field and thinks they are all the greatest....so excuse me if I don't buy into you nonsense about Gruden being some great evaluator of talent.
: September 01, 2013, 04:53:50 PM JDouble

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#46 : September 01, 2013, 05:29:26 PM

Gruden sucked as a HC and at evaluating talent. He even struggled somewhat as an OC. I mean, who can't figure out how to get your two best receivers in the game at the same time? That's ridiculous. I hope he proves to be accurate about Freeman and the Bucs this year, but if he was so great as a coach, he'd still be doing it. He was at the right place at the right time in 2002. Beyond that, he was lost. He could never build a team from scratch that cold win a SB. For the record, neither could Dungy. Their efforts meshed real well in 2002 but that was it. Give him credit for being one piece of the puzzle, but nothing more than that.

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#47 : September 01, 2013, 05:46:33 PM

Give up? Are we playing a game?

Look bro, Gruden was supposedly an offensive genius. Personally I think he over complicate everything to the point which most of his roster couldn't grasp the playbook and struggled to be on the same page and execute well....which is why he never seemed to do well with young players and always leaned towards old experienced vets. Either way, being a great offensive mind did not end up equating to great head coach. He couldn't get the relationship part of the job down and he couldn't develop young players to save his life. The era of Gruden/Allen brought us many things, but quality young players was not one of them. Quite the opposite actually.

And now as a commentator he literally loves every single guy on the field and thinks they are all the greatest....so excuse me if I don't buy into you nonsense about Gruden being some great evaluator of talent.

no problem...I just don't think he sucks as much as you half azzed player evals...75% of the Klowns you like suck...deal with it

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#48 : September 01, 2013, 05:50:00 PM

Why you mad bro? What do I need to deal with exactly? You sound upset.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#49 : September 01, 2013, 11:05:38 PM

Why you mad bro? What do I need to deal with exactly? You sound upset.

Taters gon' Tate.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#50 : September 01, 2013, 11:23:08 PM

It would be ironic if freeman has a elite season and wins Tampa a playoff birth/superbowl, only to have freeman leave for FA because lack of support, or the downright hate that's been thrown at him after a record breaking season. There is a fran-tag, but would you want to "force" the guy to be here, and he would leave anyway. I'd seriously consider making extra money elsewhere while getting away from some of these other buc fans if I were him.

Hopefully the guy isn't as mentally weak as you suggest you'd be in that scenario.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#51 : September 01, 2013, 11:27:38 PM

I also am able to see that replacing a QB is harder than fans realize. There really is no better options available and also to start over means it will take a while to be a contender you don't get your case of Russell Wilson's and Colin Kaepernicks too often.

Actually the 2014 draft looks to be stacked with great QB prospects. In today's NFL, great QBs find success quickly. There is no more waiting 3-4 years for them to come around. So it doesn't necessarily take a long time to be a contender with a new QB. Sticking with a guy that you know will never take you to a Super Bowl because you are scared you can't do better, is not the way to build a winner.

It reminds me of the guy that stays with a girl that treats him like shlt because he's afraid he'll never get another piece of azz. Sometimes, you've just gotta cut your losses.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#52 : September 01, 2013, 11:35:40 PM

It would be ironic if freeman has a elite season and wins Tampa a playoff birth/superbowl, only to have freeman leave for FA because lack of support, or the downright hate that's been thrown at him after a record breaking season. There is a fran-tag, but would you want to "force" the guy to be here, and he would leave anyway. I'd seriously consider making extra money elsewhere while getting away from some of these other buc fans if I were him.

Hopefully the guy isn't as mentally weak as you suggest you'd be in that scenario.

I would be "mentally weak" for quite a few millions more. Call it what you will though,Because a SB or playoff winning QB in fA is going to the bank..then buy the whole chain.

Temptation is a mother. And especially when the people you play for(fans) rag on you for everything under the sun. There is literally a thread in which they're blaming freeman for glennon's sh1ttiness now.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#53 : September 02, 2013, 08:18:56 AM

I also am able to see that replacing a QB is harder than fans realize. There really is no better options available and also to start over means it will take a while to be a contender you don't get your case of Russell Wilson's and Colin Kaepernicks too often.

Actually the 2014 draft looks to be stacked with great QB prospects. In today's NFL, great QBs find success quickly. There is no more waiting 3-4 years for them to come around. So it doesn't necessarily take a long time to be a contender with a new QB. Sticking with a guy that you know will never take you to a Super Bowl because you are scared you can't do better, is not the way to build a winner.

It reminds me of the guy that stays with a girl that treats him like shlt because he's afraid he'll never get another piece of azz. Sometimes, you've just gotta cut your losses.

When will people finally realize its not Freeman OR the chance on a great QB in the 2014 draft. We need the best guy avialable to start at QB for us. Freeman just costs money, while the other one costs draft picks. Just not trading Freeman would costs us draft picks.

We do not need to cut our loss to finally start dating other girls again.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#54 : September 02, 2013, 09:07:20 AM

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#55 : September 02, 2013, 09:16:52 AM

+1, lol

Lets check out a few other girl. Who cares about the girlfriend? If she cant take it...so what?...FREELOVE
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GRUDEN BACKS FREEMAN AND BUCS, SAYS WILL WIN NFC SOUTH « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools