Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bengals DT Geno Atkins gets paid « previous next »
Page: 1

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
: September 02, 2013, 10:00:45 AM

@AdamSchefter Bengals DT Geno Atkins and Cincinnati agreed to a five-year, $55 million extension, per ESPn source.

Well deserved for one of the best DT's in the NFL

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 02, 2013, 10:06:18 AM

Still making less than McCoy......which is why I have been saying again and again, McCoy will be taking a steep pay cut when he resigns. Him and Suh are ridiculously overpaid.

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#2 : September 02, 2013, 10:57:10 AM

Both McCoy and Suh are top Ten Guys who are  playing out  their rookie contracts....both were first rounders...Atkins was a 4th rounder that improved himself to be the best DT in football for the year 2012 and that netted him a 5 year $55,000,000 contract extension that pays him $22,000,000 over the next 6 months...Far more than McCoy and Suh are earning combined this year....

Both Suh and McCoy will be resigned by their perspective teams...

They won't know what being a free agent feels like for the next two or three years...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 02, 2013, 10:59:45 AM

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
#4 : September 02, 2013, 11:08:56 AM

Both McCoy and Suh are top Ten Guys who are  playing out  their rookie contracts....both were first rounders...Atkins was a 4th rounder that improved himself to be the best DT in football for the year 2012 and that netted him a 5 year $55,000,000 contract extension that pays him $22,000,000 over the next 6 months...Far more than McCoy and Suh are earning combined this year....

They won't know what being a free agent feels like for the next two or three years...

I wouldn't say Atkins is making far more than than the two combined. They are making a little over $20M combined.

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#5 : September 02, 2013, 11:16:12 AM

I wouldn't say Atkins is making far more than than the two combined. They are making a little over $20M combined.

lol...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 02, 2013, 05:39:06 PM

McCoy and Suh both got 5 year $65M deals as rookies. I think they both got plenty. Who cares what they are making in just 2013?

Anyways, my point was that Adkins just got a deal that averages $11M per year and he is considered by most to be the best DT in football. So when McCoy resigns he will be taking a sizable pay cut from his current $13M/year average. Unless he blows up this year and next, he'll probably get somewhere around $9M per year in a new deal.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 02, 2013, 05:47:59 PM

Still making less than McCoy , a DT who had 12.5 sacks and 53 tackles , yet Havok says McCoy isn't overpaid.

U mad , Havok?
: September 02, 2013, 05:49:34 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 02, 2013, 05:54:34 PM

Too bad they are not the Bengals of old. They would of let him walk after offering him peanuts. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 02, 2013, 05:54:57 PM

McCoy has made just over $40M in his first three years even though he was on IR half the time and has recorded just 9 sacks in those three years. He has a solid 2012, but anyone that can't admit he is grossly over paid is a liar or stupid. McCoy and Suh are living relics of an old system. A system that was overhauled because top 10 draft picks were grossly overpaid. McCoy is a prime example.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 02, 2013, 05:56:12 PM

McCoy has made just over $40M in his first three years even though he was on IR half the time and has recorded just 9 sacks in those three years. He has a solid 2012, but anyone that can't admit he is grossly over paid is a liar or stupid.
QFT

...and he's talking about you , Havok.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 02, 2013, 06:00:07 PM

McCoy has made just over $40M in his first three years even though he was on IR half the time and has recorded just 9 sacks in those three years. He has a solid 2012, but anyone that can't admit he is grossly over paid is a liar or stupid. McCoy and Suh are living relics of an old system. A system that was overhauled because top 10 draft picks were grossly overpaid. McCoy is a prime example.

Agree, but it was no fault of his. If was out the first 2 years because of drugs or whatever, different story.  If he has a big 2013 season, which I fully expect. he will get paid, get offered an extension at some point.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 03, 2013, 05:17:15 AM

McCoy's huge contract is hard to live up to. Way too much money given to a rookie no matter the position. Some folks here warned of that, and thought a trade down would've been best. IMO, it's robbery even if he goes to multiple probowls.

But whatever...everyone in the NFL is "overpaid." Heck, we overpaid for faine, Penn, Nicks, revis, goldson, Mc80, Black, and DJ Seahawk, so what does it really matter as long as there is production, right?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bengals DT Geno Atkins gets paid « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools