Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Wright? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
: September 02, 2013, 03:29:31 PM

Seems to me that fans are not excited about this guy.  I'm thinking fans are afraid that he won't develop run-blocking skills just like Danny Noble.

Texas Alexander(probably with Lonnie Johnson) - Bellcow blues,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCXTSKOkhM

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 02, 2013, 03:30:33 PM

It was probably the three easy dropped passes within ten yards and no one ever hearing of him before.   

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#2 : September 02, 2013, 03:47:33 PM

I remember noting after the draft that there was little to no readily available tape on him.

Just when I bring up the topic . . .

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Buccaneers-Insider-just-doing-my-job/d6423bc3-9991-4b28-a312-c917cd36c442
: September 02, 2013, 04:14:27 PM flashgordon

Texas Alexander(probably with Lonnie Johnson) - Bellcow blues,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCXTSKOkhM

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 02, 2013, 06:53:11 PM

It was probably the three easy dropped passes within ten yards and no one ever hearing of him before.

That and the fact he has no talent.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 02, 2013, 07:33:56 PM

I just have no idea why he was not moved to the PS. He is clearly not a final 53 guy. Just seems wierd.

HolyBuc

Starter
#5 : September 02, 2013, 07:59:12 PM

I just have no idea why he was not moved to the PS. He is clearly not a final 53 guy. Just seems wierd.

Something is off to me...carrying 3 healthy TE one blocking (Bynum), not sure what to call Stocker,  and Wright literally a WR.  Is Lorig playing TE this year?  I think we are going to see V-Jax in the slot more this year.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 02, 2013, 08:22:04 PM

Wright is literally a WR.....so until Crabtree comes back we have two TEs. Both of which have never done anything to inspire faith or excitement. Lorig is also injured, so he's not currently an option either.

Meanwhile, we are showing zero interest in the 5 or 6 decent/solid TE prospects available in FA. It's just odd.

With our O-line struggling all through preseason, almost nothing at TE, and literally nothing at FB.....you have to wonder how Martin is going to find success. Considering Schiano is such a run first kinda guy and bases everything on the run....it is amazing to me that we are so poorly manned at so many positions important to running the ball.

All you can do is cross your fingers and hope these coaches know something we don't....cause from the outside it seems like we are completely **CENSORED**ed when it comes to TEs and DEs. Also, you'd think we'd at least sign a proven FB like John Conner until Lorig is healthy.
: September 02, 2013, 08:26:43 PM JDouble

youngone

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 02, 2013, 08:30:59 PM

Wright is literally a WR.....so until Crabtree comes back we have two TEs. Both of which have never done anything to inspire faith or excitement. Lorig is also injured, so he's not currently an option either.

Meanwhile, we are showing zero interest in the 5 or 6 decent/solid TE prospects available in FA. It's just odd.

With our O-line struggling all through preseason, almost nothing at TE, and literally nothing at FB.....you have to wonder how Martin is going to find success. Considering Schiano is such a run first kinda guy and bases everything on the run....it is amazing to me that we are so poorly manned at so many positions important to running the ball.

All you can do is cross your fingers and hope these coaches know something we don't....cause from the outside it seems like we are completely **CENSORED**ed when it comes to TEs and DEs. Also, you'd think we'd at least sign a proven FB like John Conner until Lorig is healthy.
The proven stud? He'll find a way.. He carried Freeman to his success last year right?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 02, 2013, 08:33:04 PM

Yep. It's still fresh in my mind.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 02, 2013, 08:39:38 PM

I'm sure it is.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 02, 2013, 09:00:51 PM

If Wright is a WR then he makes Art Monk look like a speed demon.

Dude is a bum ...complete waste of a roster spot.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 02, 2013, 09:01:08 PM

Supposedly the Bucs are looking at additional options among the available FAs. As already said regarding FB/TE, we are lacking in overall talent, AND we are iffy injury-wise, with both Stocker and Lorig recently back on the field following injuries and Crabtree very likely out for several games. I would THINK one of the TEs out there would be signed, unless we plan on using Wright as an H-Back type. Wright could end up a notable cog in our offense if so. As a traditional TE, I doubt he's very successful this season...

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#12 : September 02, 2013, 09:22:20 PM

I actually like the experiment but a developmental as opposed to frontline player.
When is Lorig expected back?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 02, 2013, 10:23:04 PM

The bottom of our roster confuses the hell out of me. Im definetly in "wait and see" mode for this seaason

This guy...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 02, 2013, 10:33:37 PM

The bottom of our roster confuses the hell out of me. Im definetly in "wait and see" mode for this seaason

Ditto. I really hope I am dead wrong, because I had very negative feelings about this season. I thought I really liked Schiano, but this entire off season and preseason has been one head scratcher after another for me. Starting to question this regime a little bit. Not feeling good about our roster, but I'll wait and see. I hope we come out and blow the doors off everyone's expectations.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Wright? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools