Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Wright? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 03, 2013, 09:23:12 AM

We're thin at TE, I agree but it's not about stock pile 4 TEs, 2 of which are no value to the team. Schiano has said it's about the best 53 and apparently he thinks guys at other positions are better players than the guys at TE that we cut.

As far as Tim Wright goes, he is our fastest TE, but also the lightest so I'm not sure what the plan is with him. I wanted to see more of Wright and Noble but I certainly thought Noble had more upside than Wright did.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 03, 2013, 09:32:29 AM

Problem is Wright isn't even fast for being so small. He ran a 4.65 at his pro day , same 40 time as the snail-paced Puke Stocker if I'm not mistaken.

He doesn't even have upside . Completely worthless unless maybe he is a secret Special Team's Ace we don't know about , lol.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

kylel6901

Starter

#17 : September 03, 2013, 10:11:27 AM

As long as we can make it through the first quarter of the season with stable play from Stocker and the other. I think Crabtree will probably be back from injury and available to play after the bye week. Either the Eagles home game or Falcons road game. Normally a mild high ankle sprain takes about 6 weeks to recover.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 03, 2013, 11:33:02 AM

Both the Wright and Tandy additions bother me as well, but you can only dress 45-47? players on game day and it's pretty likely neither is going to active game day anyway, so for all intents they are just PS guys. So I'm not sweating it. Also I doubt Schiano puts his roster together in a vacuum so I'm sure others on the coaching staff had some input.

Lorig and Stocker are back to practice as of yesterday, so it's really not any type of a panic situation we face. Both Leonard and Willis can play fullback as well as Lorig, and Lorig can line up at H-back or TE if necessary. Would I rather have a more comfortable player at TE? Yep, but we went 4-6 games at the start of last season with Stocker and Clark and basically didn't even use them. Still not really worried.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 03, 2013, 11:47:30 AM

Adam Caplan @caplannfl  16m 
Former Chiefs TE Kevin Brock worked out for the Buccaneers today, source confirmed.

And yes Brock is from Rutgers!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

youngone

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 03, 2013, 11:49:49 AM

Lol

If we sign him, I can't wait to hear the outrage.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 03, 2013, 12:09:32 PM

Gimini Christmas...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 03, 2013, 01:05:57 PM

I think we give ourselves way too much credit for actually knowing what they're trying to do...  when it's obvious we don't...

In the case of  TE Wright...   Could it be because some other team is hot to get him?   Could it be that he's super sharp and just needs reps?   This type of move is a head scratcher, but definitely grey enough that none of us no anything...   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 03, 2013, 01:09:21 PM

I think we give ourselves way too much credit for actually knowing what they're trying to do...  when it's obvious we don't...

In the case of  TE Wright...   Could it be because some other team is hot to get him?   Could it be that he's super sharp and just needs reps?   This type of move is a head scratcher, but definitely grey enough that none of us no anything...

Could it be he is from Rutgers also ?

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 03, 2013, 01:17:39 PM

Couple more players that were in today.

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider  5m 
Buccaneers worked out kellen davis and dan gronkowski today according to a league source

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 03, 2013, 01:19:48 PM

I'm glad they're looking at TE's...   

Kellen Davis Please...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 03, 2013, 05:34:18 PM

I think we give the coaches and GMs too much credit and believe they have some great unknown secret plan that our simple minds cant comprehend. This ain't rocket science man. If you have a general understanding of football, you can usually just trust your eyes. A duck is a duck. Just because a coach sticks with a duck, doesn't mean he is secretly a swan.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 03, 2013, 05:39:20 PM

I think we give the coaches and GMs too much credit and believe they have some great unknown secret plan that our simple minds cant comprehend. This ain't rocket science man. If you have a general understanding of football, you can usually just trust your eyes. A duck is a duck. Just because a coach sticks with a duck, doesn't mean he is secretly a swan.
So do you personally think you can evaluate talent better than the people in our organization?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 03, 2013, 05:41:59 PM

Don't all Junior GMs?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 03, 2013, 05:54:17 PM

So do you personally think you can evaluate talent better than the people in our organization?

It's jdouble you're talking to....OF COURSE HE DOES !  ;)

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Wright? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools