Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Wright? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

youngone

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 03, 2013, 05:59:52 PM

I think we give ourselves way too much credit for actually knowing what they're trying to do...  when it's obvious we don't...

I think we give the coaches and GMs too much credit and believe they have some great unknown secret plan that our simple minds cant comprehend. This ain't rocket science man. If you have a general understanding of football, you can usually just trust your eyes. A duck is a duck. Just because a coach sticks with a duck, doesn't mean he is secretly a swan.
So do you personally think you can evaluate talent better than the people in our organization?

It's jdouble you're talking to....OF COURSE HE DOES !  ;)
;D Just waiting for the answer

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 03, 2013, 07:33:16 PM

I think a vast majority of fans can watch a guy play and have a good idea whether or not he is good. Even our very own Doloris knew Brian Price was a fat cheeseburger long before he was cut simply by watching him play. We all knew Biggers had hit his ceiling and was not very good. Everyone knew Sabby the Goat was a waste of space. Despite the fact he stuck around forever, we all knew Myron Lewis was garbage. Sometimes it is just obvious and you should believe your eyes and your gut....rather than believe the coaching staff has magical abilities to see things we can't.

I go with my eyes and my gut. If some of you like to think that makes me a know it all, so be it. Better than being a sheep that believes in fairytales.
: September 03, 2013, 07:35:48 PM JDouble

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 03, 2013, 07:56:10 PM

There is a fine line between expressing an opinion and presenting it as a fact.

Gets annoying over time, hence the comments

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 03, 2013, 07:56:46 PM

A lot of what most fans interpret as "no talent" or "fat" or "lazy" is really just an unmotivated player. Never under-estimate the motivational factor in a football coach. The Lombardi's and Shula's of the NFL had it, and could determine very quicky which guys in their locker room were responding and which were not. And don't think because a guy is working up a sweat he's suddenly motivated. It's what a player does under pressure, late in a game when he's dead tired, that will get him on the roster. Lombardi's "Fatigue makes coward of us all"  says it all; when your body wants to crash, late in a tough game, your brain wants to quit, give up the fight. It's as much a mental battle as physical. Who are the players with the inner drive to keep fighting through the fatigue and carry out their assignment? Many won't even remember what their assignment was...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 03, 2013, 08:00:56 PM

Sorry if I don't include "I think" or "imo" every time I post. I assume it is understood that my word is not law and simply another fan's opinion.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 03, 2013, 08:02:32 PM

And Wade Phillips daddy, Bum Phillips, had a great comment on Shula. It went to the effect Shula could beat a team with his players, then change sidelines with an opposing coach and beat his own team with the same players he'd just beaten...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 03, 2013, 08:07:26 PM

Sorry if I don't include "I think" or "imo" every time I post. I assume it is understood that my word is not law and simply another fan's opinion.
no apologies required...  just feedback on how its delivered and defended.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 03, 2013, 08:49:07 PM

I think a vast majority of fans can watch a guy play and have a good idea whether or not he is good. Even our very own Doloris knew Brian Price was a fat cheeseburger long before he was cut simply by watching him play. 

I pat myself on the back for calling that one every day .  ;)

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 03, 2013, 08:57:34 PM

Problem is Wright isn't even fast for being so small. He ran a 4.65 at his pro day , same 40 time as the snail-paced Puke Stocker if I'm not mistaken.

He doesn't even have upside . Completely worthless unless maybe he is a secret Special Team's Ace we don't know about , lol.

Same speed as half our CBs

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 03, 2013, 09:02:16 PM

Lol....sad but true!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 04, 2013, 07:16:57 AM

Problem is Wright isn't even fast for being so small. He ran a 4.65 at his pro day , same 40 time as the snail-paced Puke Stocker if I'm not mistaken.

He doesn't even have upside . Completely worthless unless maybe he is a secret Special Team's Ace we don't know about , lol.

Same speed as half our CBs

Good point.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 04, 2013, 09:03:34 AM

I think I know why Wright is on the final 53.

If we want to line up in a 4 WR set, who is the 4th receiver? Eric Page? Russell Sheppard? I think Wright is our 4th WR right now.

Crown us.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 04, 2013, 09:12:39 AM

They cant possibly think Wright is a better WR than Underwood was.

They cant think he was even better than Douglas.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : September 04, 2013, 09:20:50 AM

I agree, but maybe they think because he can play WR and TE he has more value and deserved a spot on the final 53. Not saying I agree, but that seems like a possible train of thought.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 04, 2013, 09:45:42 AM

I think coach was simply looking through Scarlet Knight colored glasses.

Doesnt matter if you play two positions if you suck at both.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tim Wright? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools