Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King MMQB Bucs update, discusses Revis and Glennon... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
: September 03, 2013, 12:51:44 AM

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/01/tampa-bay-buccaneers-training-camp/

"If Josh Freeman struggles early or mid season Greg Schaino is not gonna have a problem making change at quarterback" - Peter King

: September 03, 2013, 12:54:05 AM bucfan26

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#1 : September 03, 2013, 01:14:11 AM

I fully respect King as a writer, but I don't consider him a legitimate source when it comes to the Bucs. He's just talking out of his ass trying to generate views with nothing but pure speculation.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 03, 2013, 03:45:13 AM

I say he might actually do it. And I'm a freeman fan.

Glennon is schiano's boy, they reached for him in draft, already said once he was competition for freeman, and what coach doesn't want to solidify his spot by bringing in a lower rounder and turning them into a elite QB?

More than likely, it will be mid season IF at all. They won't jump on him right away, but by game five if he hasn't shown some game schiano just might sit him. 0-5, or 1-4 would deffinately make him think about it no doubt.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 03, 2013, 04:42:48 AM

I fully respect King as a writer, but I don't consider him a legitimate source when it comes to the Bucs. He's just talking out of his ass trying to generate views with nothing but pure speculation.

I completely disagree. I think King has the most contacts in the NFL. He's clearly giving his opinion, but it's not baseless. If he says he thinks Schiano would feel comfortable going with Glennon, he didn't make it up out of thin air.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 03, 2013, 06:05:53 AM

Glennon is schiano's boy, they reached for him in draft, already said once he was competition for freeman, and what coach doesn't want to solidify his spot by bringing in a lower rounder and turning them into a elite QB?

More than likely, it will be mid season IF at all. They won't jump on him right away, but by game five if he hasn't shown some game schiano just might sit him. 0-5, or 1-4 would deffinately make him think about it no doubt.

I tend to agree here. If the season is already circling the toilet, might as well give the rookie some experience because we are not going to resign Josh in that event. The bye is the first chance, I think if the Bucs are 1-3 to 0-4, that's the first point that the Bucs will look to make the switch. The only other good point is after the Panthers Thursday night game. If the Bucs have only 1 or 2 wins by that point, then that would be the next switch point. If Freeman gets by those two, I think he'll be the main till the end of the season (it's possible Glennon could play the last one or two games).

Still, Freeman is going to have to play really poorly for Schiano to make the change. Looking back at 2012, I'm not sure there is any point he would have made that change last season.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 03, 2013, 08:10:39 AM

Tried to recruit Glennon out of highschool and now drafted him. Schiano has liked Glennon for many years. If Freeman fails, he'll be on the bench and it'll be Glennon

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 03, 2013, 08:21:04 AM

This is how it should be .... Freeman has been in the league long enough now and he's run out of leash. If Freeman is struggling , and the team is , say , 1-4 / 1-5  (something like that ) , it's time to pull the plug because we won't be renewing his contract anyways.  See what you've got in the rookie ....can we move forward with him or do we draft another QB in next year's draft.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 03, 2013, 08:22:42 AM

King is just like the majority of the natioanl media, they get handed cliff notes and then form an opinon. I wouldn't expect him to have in depth knowledge on anything Buc's.  We would have to start off like 0-8, 1-7 for Freeman to get benched for Glennon.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 03, 2013, 08:24:25 AM

Its extremely unlikely that Freeman plays poor enough to put Glennon in. Now earning another contract is a whole other story but Glennon aint ready to start.

This guy...

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 03, 2013, 09:15:37 AM

Let's play "Negative Nancy" here...

Week 1 - There's no logical reason why this team should lose to the Jets.  1-0 is virtually a lock.
Week 2 - A loss is legitimately possible vs the Saints. I think the Saints could win 10 or 11 games this year.  1-1
Week 3 - Definitely a loss.  There are 3 guys I will never bet against... Brady is one of them.  1-2
Week 4 - Arizona in Week 3 has fly east for New Orleans... go back to AZ, and then fly back east again for the Bucs.  If the Bucs lose this game, that's a bad sign.  Playing "Negative Nancy" though, with Palmer, Fitz, and the rest of the receiving crew a decent defense, there's a chance Tampa can lose this game.   1-3
Week 5 - Bye.
Week 6 - With their new coach a system... and injuries, and bad QB, the Eagles are extremely beatable, especially with their bad defense.  2-3
Week 7 - Losing in Atlanta would be nothing new. 2-4
Week 8 - This is the game.  If the Bucs lose at home to Carolina to drop to 2-5, I think Freeman gets pulled.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 03, 2013, 09:24:59 AM

Let's play "Negative Nancy" here...

Week 1 - There's no logical reason why this team should lose to the Jets.  1-0 is virtually a lock.
Week 2 - A loss is legitimately possible vs the Saints. I think the Saints could win 10 or 11 games this year.  1-1
Week 3 - Definitely a loss.  There are 3 guys I will never bet against... Brady is one of them.  1-2
Week 4 - Arizona in Week 3 has fly east for New Orleans... go back to AZ, and then fly back east again for the Bucs.  If the Bucs lose this game, that's a bad sign.  Playing "Negative Nancy" though, with Palmer, Fitz, and the rest of the receiving crew a decent defense, there's a chance Tampa can lose this game.   1-3
Week 5 - Bye.
Week 6 - With their new coach a system... and injuries, and bad QB, the Eagles are extremely beatable, especially with their bad defense.  2-3
Week 7 - Losing in Atlanta would be nothing new. 2-4
Week 8 - This is the game.  If the Bucs lose at home to Carolina to drop to 2-5, I think Freeman gets pulled.

Could definitely happen that way...

Hopefully we win a couple of those we aren't supposed to , then we are talking about playoff run instead of QB change and the 2014 draft.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 03, 2013, 09:28:59 AM

If he's good enough to go 7-6 in the ACC and get his coach fired, he must be good enough to lead a team that's gone 24-40 in the last four years to the playoffs.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 03, 2013, 09:30:46 AM

If Freeman struggles next year its pretty much a given that we will be out of the PO race early.

Should we be out of the PO races there is absolutly no logical reason why we should not test out Glennon, to have a better idea about him, to then compare him to the 2014 rookies ...and maybe even Freeman.

A few more games from Freeman, even it would mean more wins, gives us almsot zero info about who to start in 2014. Actually we already should now know what to get from Freeman, after 57 games.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 03, 2013, 09:36:38 AM

If Freeman struggles next year its pretty much a given that we will be out of the PO race early.

Should we be out of the PO races there is absolutly no logical reason why we should not test out Glennon, to have a better idea about him, to then compare him to the 2014 rookies ...and maybe even Freeman.

A few more games from Freeman, even it would mean more wins, gives us almsot zero info about who to start in 2014. Actually we already should now know what to get from Freeman, after 57 games.

This is my thinking also.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 03, 2013, 10:10:16 AM

If Freeman struggles, he won't get a new contract... So, they'll need to see what Glennon has.  Ready or not.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King MMQB Bucs update, discusses Revis and Glennon... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools