Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King MMQB Bucs update, discusses Revis and Glennon... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 03, 2013, 10:20:34 AM

If Freeman struggles, he won't get a new contract... So, they'll need to see what Glennon has.  Ready or not.

I would not bet on. Depending on how 'good' Glennon is and how 'good' the draft looks like for us QBwise, we might not have much of a choice. Its not like Schiano and Dom have plenty of time left to show they are good enough to stay here.

But should we finally have make a decision about Freeman NOT being our QB for 2014 and beyond, then Glennon will get the remaining games of 2013.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#16 : September 03, 2013, 11:15:56 AM

Nothing new

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 03, 2013, 12:00:31 PM

Agree. If Freeman is losing us games, put the rookie in.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 03, 2013, 12:27:00 PM

Let's play "Negative Nancy" here...

Week 1 - There's no logical reason why this team should lose to the Jets.  1-0 is virtually a lock.
Week 2 - A loss is legitimately possible vs the Saints. I think the Saints could win 10 or 11 games this year.  1-1
Week 3 - Definitely a loss.  There are 3 guys I will never bet against... Brady is one of them.  1-2
Week 4 - Arizona in Week 3 has fly east for New Orleans... go back to AZ, and then fly back east again for the Bucs.  If the Bucs lose this game, that's a bad sign.  Playing "Negative Nancy" though, with Palmer, Fitz, and the rest of the receiving crew a decent defense, there's a chance Tampa can lose this game.   1-3
Week 5 - Bye.
Week 6 - With their new coach a system... and injuries, and bad QB, the Eagles are extremely beatable, especially with their bad defense.  2-3
Week 7 - Losing in Atlanta would be nothing new. 2-4
Week 8 - This is the game.  If the Bucs lose at home to Carolina to drop to 2-5, I think Freeman gets pulled.

Could play out that way.

The more interesting question is what if Freemnan falters LATER after the Bucs get, say, a win at home against the Saints and/or a a surprising win against NE , maybe a bad "let down" game against AZ

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 03, 2013, 01:04:37 PM

Can't we all just agree that Freeman is going to give us 3 horrible games a handful of below avg games and 8 to 9 good to great games?  One side of the football was above average overall and the other side was at the bottom of the league overall so that's what we need to improve first the most. Still a lot of questions that need to be answered there. If that part of the defense improves significantly and we still miss the playoffs the Freeman will be gone, if we don't fix that we will have to try and find the next Brady or Peyton in the draft because that is what it's going to take to get to the playoffs.
: September 03, 2013, 01:08:00 PM XFactor

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 03, 2013, 01:09:24 PM

JMO but has Glennon shown anything in the Preseason to make Bucs fans comfortable in replacing Freeman if it comes to that? I haven't seen it but I haven't been in Tampa either to catch any practices.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 03, 2013, 01:16:45 PM

JMO but has Glennon shown anything in the Preseason to make Bucs fans comfortable in replacing Freeman if it comes to that? I haven't seen it but I haven't been in Tampa either to catch any practices.

Yes, and no... He showed more pocket presence than advertized. He'll pull the trigger when Freeman won't (could be good or bad).  He never handed the ball to Martin, threw to VJax or MWill...

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 03, 2013, 01:22:09 PM

You are never comfortable throwing a rookie to the wolves , but outside of the last preseason game , Glennon has looked pretty promising.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 03, 2013, 01:30:23 PM

Yes, and no... He showed more pocket presence than advertized. He'll pull the trigger when Freeman won't (could be good or bad).  He never handed the ball to Martin, threw to VJax or MWill...

I just don't see the IT factor in Glennon. When he's been in games he doesn't seem to do anything. He had one good game throw to Crabtree on a blown coverage against the Ravens. I expected to see something against Washington.

Oh well. If Glennon becomes our starter anytime this season then either Freeman has gotten hurt or the season is in the crapper and neither is a good thing IMO

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 03, 2013, 01:56:38 PM

Week 1 - There's no logical reason why this team should lose to the Jets.  1-0 is virtually a lock.
Week 2 - A loss is legitimately possible vs the Saints. I think the Saints could win 10 or 11 games this year.  1-1
Week 3 - Definitely a loss.  There are 3 guys I will never bet against... Brady is one of them.  1-2
Week 4 - Arizona in Week 3 has fly east for New Orleans... go back to AZ, and then fly back east again for the Bucs.  If the Bucs lose this game, that's a bad sign.  Playing "Negative Nancy" though, with Palmer, Fitz, and the rest of the receiving crew a decent defense, there's a chance Tampa can lose this game.   1-3
Week 5 - Bye.
Week 6 - With their new coach a system... and injuries, and bad QB, the Eagles are extremely beatable, especially with their bad defense.  2-3
Week 8 - This is the game.  If the Bucs lose at home to Carolina to drop to 2-5, I think Freeman gets pulled.

Could play out that way.

The more interesting question is what if Freemnan falters LATER after the Bucs get, say, a win at home against the Saints and/or a a surprising win against NE , maybe a bad "let down" game against AZ

In that scenario, the Bucs would be 4-2 going into the game against Carolina.  At that point, you're locked in with Freeman until they get knocked out of the playoff race... if it happens.  Now, if they're 3-1 and go on a 4 game losing streak, it's possible that he may get an ultimatum.  After the Carolina game, they're at Seattle and home vs Miami.  I think if they come back to Tampa 3-6 and lose to Miami, wins against New Orleans and New England won't save his job.  Being 3-7 on a 6 game losing streak just won't cut it.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 03, 2013, 03:19:58 PM

Week 5 - Bye.

Could play out that way.

In that scenario, the Bucs would be 4-2 going into the game against Carolina.  At that point, you're locked in with Freeman until they get knocked out of the playoff race... if it happens.  Now, if they're 3-1 and go on a 4 game losing streak, it's possible that he may get an ultimatum.  After the Carolina game, they're at Seattle and home vs Miami.  I think if they come back to Tampa 3-6 and lose to Miami, wins against New Orleans and New England won't save his job.  Being 3-7 on a 6 game losing streak just won't cut it.

those are the scenarios I meant. I think its more likely Free plays somewhere in between as opposed to flat failure or great success

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

sammich

Starter

#26 : September 03, 2013, 04:46:07 PM

I think how Freeman plays is more important than the record when it comes to bringing in Glennon.  We will have a solid rushing attack.  We should have a pretty decent defense.  It is entirely possible he looks like crap and we are sitting at 5-2.  It is also possible we implode but he looks solid (admittedly not likely).

If we are sitting at 5-2, but Free looks like crap it makes the decision much more difficult.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 03, 2013, 07:36:16 PM

If this team doesn't have a winning record by the bye week, trade Freeman while he's still worth anything.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 03, 2013, 08:42:04 PM

We wont be 5-2 if Freeman plays poorly.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King MMQB Bucs update, discusses Revis and Glennon... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools