Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Geno Smith to start, Santonio Holmes appears to be ready « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #15 : September 04, 2013, 02:03:20 AM »

Honestly, we couldn't ask for an easier game to start off with, if we can't beat the Jets with Geno Smith getting his first start, it's going to be a very long season.

Road games are always tough though.

Yup. The trip will be tougher than the opponent.

...they should just stop calling them the NY jets altogether and just rename them the NY rape victims. Works on several levels.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #16 : September 04, 2013, 02:07:16 AM »

I've got a baaaad feeling about this game. Rookie Qbs give the Bucs fits and the board is overconfident.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #17 : September 04, 2013, 02:23:39 AM »

I've got a baaaad feeling about this game. Rookie Qbs give the Bucs fits and the board is overconfident.

Usually all the teltale signs of a Buccaneer beat down.

However, I think I'll go out on a limb and say that the jets are so bad, if we lose to them the season goes completely to hell. With that being said, I think everyone is taking this very seriously since that's a possibility, abeit low possibility. Last year foles made our defense look like, well, a bunch of rookies. Idk if that will happen anymore with the improved backfield.

And no rookie is going to be allowed to take on revis, that's just insanity. So you can already count out (sanchez would know better, and someone will tell smith) that side of the field going into this game. That is not something we could boast at all last season, so idk if the dreaded rookie/buc curse will continue.

...ah, the good 'OL days, when sapp used to munch on rookie QB's. Those were the days.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #18 : September 04, 2013, 07:55:07 AM »

Rookie QB's gave us fits......prior to Revis . Revis feeds on rookie QB's

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #19 : September 04, 2013, 08:57:46 AM »

Bad feeling because this franchise has beaten the optimism out of most people in the last 5 years.

Not overconfident here, realistic. If I was right, and this team could be on the verge of a wild card berth, we need to handle the jets, period. If it's close or we lose, this team is no where near a play off year. The Jet's have little talent, a moron for a head coach and the worst starting QB situation in the league. If we can't beat that, there aren't many we are going to beat.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
« #20 : September 04, 2013, 09:57:42 AM »

No surprise here. . . .

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/04/jets-announce-geno-smith-to-start-opener/ 

Jets announce Geno Smith to start opener
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 4, 2013, 9:49 AM EDT

The Jets did what they had to do this week, and what they probably needed to do all along.

The team announced that rookie quarterback Geno Smith would start this week, which was kind of obvious given the condition of Mark Sanchez’s shoulder — unless Brady Quinn was going to make a late run at the job.

The anticlimactic nature of the announcement doesn’t hide the fact this is a major shift for the team, as it seems going away from their former first-round pick was the intent of an awkward offseason.

But if Smith can play acceptably well against the Buccaneers, and in Week Two against the Patriots, he’ll probably have a long chance to make the job his own, and grow into it, regardless Sanchez’s condition.

Whether that’s a fair chance, given their scarcity of offensive playmakers, remains to be seen.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Geno Smith to start, Santonio Holmes appears to be ready « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools