Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We are DOOMED (the power rankings say so...) « previous next »
Page: 1 2

blind melon

Hall of Famer

: September 03, 2013, 02:24:43 PM

The sky is truly falling   :o :o :o :o

Going to be sweet watching the **CENSORED**ry take place and proving these 'lists' wrong.

(I'll get it out of the way for you all....   "Power Rankings Mean Nothing")     :P

ESPN

(Bucs are the biggest dropper)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/1

22 Buccaneers
Last Week: 19 In a division with Brees, Ryan and Newton, it's no surprise the Bucs upgraded defensive backs. Darrelle Revis, Dashon Goldson and Johnthan Banks will fortify the secondary. 

NFL

(also Biggest dropper)!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000237674/article/power-rankings-with-kickoff-nigh-49ers-broncos-seahawks-rule

RANK

BUCCANEERS
What a sputtering preseason for these guys. The offense didn't look good, but at least the defense made up for it by proving that the pass rush does, indeed, suck.
In fact, it weren't for Trevor Scott, there would be no pass rush. That's OK, though; we didn't see Darrelle Revis, either. Revis and Dashon Goldson represent a huge
 boost to a back four that could help the front get closer to, say, four sacks per game ... as opposed to one.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#1 : September 03, 2013, 02:31:49 PM

It is pretty remarkable. Many media members were saying we had a great offseason, yet we fall in power rankings after preseason.

I guess preseason must mean something

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 03, 2013, 02:37:31 PM

It is pretty remarkable. Many media members were saying we had a great offseason, yet we fall in power rankings after preseason.

I guess preseason must mean something

...they have to at least pretend it does anyway.  ;)

From what I read, they make no mention that the first stringers barely played in any of the games. Now, IF they think they're judging the depth, they would be right, but they're not and they're saying it's the whole "team with a college coach" thing.

seanbassak

Starter

#3 : September 03, 2013, 05:03:13 PM

I can understand us being ranked low 20s. I HATE seeing everyone ranking carolina ahead of us. We swept the panties last year and we've improved more than they have this past offseason. As good as their front 7 is, they're going to be toasted in this division and with their schedule because their secondary is a joke. However I can't argue with us being bottom 3rd til we actually show something in the regular season!

\\\\\\\"Not living, just killing time\\\\\\\"

blah

Second String

#4 : September 03, 2013, 05:05:35 PM

After watching their top 100 players leading up to opening season i gave up hope in taking anything ESPN says remotely seriously. I personally grade the Bucs about 18 overall.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 03, 2013, 05:16:45 PM

Uh. Ill take 4 sacks a game considering that is 64 sacks on the year. Which is only 8 off a NFL record.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 03, 2013, 06:00:31 PM

After watching their top 100 players leading up to opening season i gave up hope in taking anything ESPN says remotely seriously. I personally grade the Bucs about 18 overall.

Agree with the ESPN part, but disagree with your ranking.

I have them more along the 12 to 15 range. They improved a lot on defense. We don't know how much that new DB core will make the front look better, but we can assume a little bit at least. A whole mess of guys now have some time under their belts, unlike last season with a surrounding cast of rookies/new coaches/new system.

From my perspective, they should be putting on a clinic with all the talent they have, and IF schiano can't muster more than 8-8, he should be fired.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 03, 2013, 06:13:08 PM

The OL chickens are coming home to roost.

Seriously our weaknesses are OL and DL. Football is a game that has always been won in the trenches.

Then you have to factor in coaching.

Pre season is important. Winning isn't but getting prepared to play and getting into game shape is important. The Bucs didn't look prepared at all this pre season and the starters were very rusty.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 03, 2013, 06:24:12 PM

Seriously our weaknesses are OL and DL. Football is a game that has always been won in the trenches.

Pre season is important. Winning isn't but getting prepared to play and getting into game shape is important. The Bucs didn't look prepared at all this pre season and the starters were very rusty.
+1.  Got a bad feeling about this team. 

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 03, 2013, 06:25:03 PM

The DL is weak because of a bad system of overzelious run containment (constant stunts). They will never get to the QB if they waste two seconds at the line running around.

The OL however, I'm OK with. Bostad seems to be a good coach, Penn is pretty good, zuttah is past the learning curve, and we got DJ back. Besides nicks, they seem to be on the up and up. They need to work on pass protection, but that wouldn't be so much of a problem if they would just simply call plays that get freeman moving right from the snap. Loving their runblocking skills though.

One thing I won't do, is evaluate what I saw this preseason. They did everything possible to preserve their first stringers and let the scabs work it out. Freeman and martin's snap numbers alone can tell us all that much.

Plus, I think they spent/wasted a lot of time with glennon so they could have a viable backup better than orlovsky. Orlovsky is still on the team from my understanding.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 03, 2013, 06:36:21 PM

I think they made a deal with Dan O when they resigned him that he would make the team no matter what.  Otherwise why would he sign with them since everyone knows they are not going to give up in a 3rd round pick this quickly.   And yes he is good enough to get a backup gig somewhere else.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 03, 2013, 06:42:38 PM

Uh. Ill take 4 sacks a game considering that is 64 sacks on the year. Which is only 8 off a NFL record.

LOL

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

buddah

Starter
#12 : September 03, 2013, 06:43:09 PM

Football Outsiders have us at 14.

BayAreaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 03, 2013, 06:50:59 PM

I don't even know why we play the games, Lets just move on to the draft...

#Mikey2Quarters

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 03, 2013, 06:54:52 PM

Winning isn't but getting prepared to play and getting into game shape is important. The Bucs didn't look prepared at all this pre season and the starters were very rusty.

How did Cody Grimm look ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We are DOOMED (the power rankings say so...) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools