Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS DEPTH CHART RELEASED « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportGA

Second String
: September 03, 2013, 09:12:00 PM

The Bucs have released their depth chart as the head to New York to face the Jets at Met Life Stadium. As expected, there are a couple surprises but one that may stick out more than others.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9142

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 03, 2013, 09:26:18 PM

Surprised LJ beat out Banks.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 03, 2013, 10:37:28 PM

Completely temporary, but still.

I like LJ as a corner, but banks has way more physical tools to work with, and they just spent a second rounder for him. He'll play in the game, but I don't exactly understand why they wouldn't start him. Maybe the idea is to work him in, but I don't think he really needs that.

He might as well go against an ailing jets team to gain NFL experiance. A good "starter" team for a new CB IMO.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 03, 2013, 10:46:17 PM

Not sure how anyone looks at that roster and goes "definite playoff team".  The depth at CB is scary.  I would go 3-4 wide on us all game.  Revis can only cover one guy.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#4 : September 03, 2013, 10:55:06 PM

Not sure how anyone looks at that roster and goes "definite playoff team".  The depth at CB is scary.  I would go 3-4 wide on us all game.  Revis can only cover one guy.
How many teams are 3-4 deep at CB?

Or at WR for that matter?

Ya, it'll be a concern against the Brady's and Peyton's and Brees'. But they'll beat any team.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 03, 2013, 10:59:23 PM

How many teams are 3-4 deep at CB?

Or at WR for that matter?

Ya, it'll be a concern against the Brady's and Peyton's and Brees'. But they'll beat any team.

It is a passing league and has been for awhile.  I'm going out on a limb and prognosticating that our CBs give up a lot of yards this year again even with Revis.  This defense looks bad on paper even with Revis Goldson and Mccoy.  Combine that with a horrible college scheme.  Bad bad recipe.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#6 : September 03, 2013, 11:31:08 PM

I'm not really worried about the depth at the #4, #5 CB's. Can you guys name the number 4, 5 Wr's on opposing teams? Most teams only have 2 good perimeter targets, who a QB can trust to get separation in time, and to catch the ball.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 03, 2013, 11:34:18 PM

It will be interesting to see if Michael Adams plays the nickel. He's more effective there.
   I suspect Banks will be worked into the mix outside at times, depending on matchups. More and more so as the season progresses...

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#8 : September 04, 2013, 12:40:55 AM

Our 3, 4, 5 WR are Kevin Ogletree, Eric Page, and Rushell Sheppard.

If our WR depth is anywhere near average I'm not worried about LJ.

m_j

Starter

#9 : September 04, 2013, 04:54:57 AM

yepp, that worries me, as well as Bowers

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 04, 2013, 08:13:25 AM

He gave up like a 70 yard reception in the last preseason game to some guy who is probably flipping burgers today. Why are you surprised they demoted Banks ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS DEPTH CHART RELEASED « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools