Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT PREDICTS A 9-7 RECORD FOR TAMPA BAY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 04, 2013, 02:51:41 PM

If its all about Freeman, he was only responsible for signal handed losses twice last year. The pass defense lost us 5, and the other two were a team effort.

So to me, it's not all about Freeman. It's about the revamped secondary. If Josh blows 2 games, and the team just gets out played twice, can the pass D turn those 5 let downs into 2? I think so...

10-6 but Bucs miss out on the playoffs due to tie breaker.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 04, 2013, 02:56:18 PM

Best case scenario 10-6

Worst case scenario. 7-9
My expectations are similar, but I don't know that I'd agree that that's the worst case scenario.  Even barring catastrophic injuries, I don't think we can rule out of the possibility of the wheels completely falling off for Freeman.  God help the team if that happens.  I certainly hope that it doesn't happen.  I don't *expect* it to happen.  But it's not inconceivable.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 04, 2013, 03:04:39 PM

To me its about staying healthy (as it is for any team) and about Freeman playing smart and limiting turnovers. If he's able to do that and the defense plays better than last year I dont know how they can't improve over last season. The schedule doesn't look any harder than last year and this team has more talent than last year.  It should be a playoff team this year barring setbacks. Which are always possible.

m_j

Starter

#18 : September 04, 2013, 03:04:50 PM

it will be hard to win more than 10 games this year, I expect anything between 6 and 9 wins

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 04, 2013, 05:39:42 PM

The NFC, Division, and Schedule is tougher this year. 10 wins will be needed for a WC and 10 wins is going to be very difficult to accomplish.

8-8.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 04, 2013, 05:40:44 PM

The NFC, Division, and Schedule is tougher this year. 10 wins is going to be very difficult to accomplish.

8-8.

+1

I think they could be a better team but not have much more success

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 04, 2013, 05:42:48 PM

Damn...quoted before my edit. Must have really really really agreed with me. ;)

richbucsfan

Starter

#22 : September 04, 2013, 05:43:27 PM

6-10 or 5-11

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 04, 2013, 05:44:03 PM

I think 9-10 wins but 8-8 is a possibility. Anything less is a big dissapointment baring major injuries.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

IrishBuc

Second String

#24 : September 04, 2013, 06:34:46 PM

I think similar to last year not being pessimisstic very tough schedule. Is that enough to keep Freeman who knows. I'm of the opinion QBs shouldn't be judged on wins, it's a team game. Are they important of course probably the most but you can win with a poorly performing one or an adequate one. If he has maybe 30 TDs and 17 Ints then he might be gone, but he will get paid elsewhere.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 04, 2013, 06:47:08 PM

I'm sticking with 12-4.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 04, 2013, 06:56:55 PM

The NFC, Division, and Schedule is tougher this year. 10 wins will be needed for a WC and 10 wins is going to be very difficult to accomplish.

8-8.

With so many strong NFC teams you're not going to see 13-3 division winners. 10 or 11 wins will  be enough to get the title. The fowlgoons' only regular season losses were within the division, and the Bucs were the only team to beat them in Atlanta. They won't be so lucky this year. They will lose more and the Bucs will win more. They're not going to run away from the division like they did last year. 10 wins by the Bucs might be enough.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 04, 2013, 08:20:19 PM

8-8.

With so many strong NFC teams you're not going to see 13-3 division winners. 10 or 11 wins will  be enough to get the title. The fowlgoons' only regular season losses were within the division, and the Bucs were the only team to beat them in Atlanta. They won't be so lucky this year. They will lose more and the Bucs will win more. They're not going to run away from the division like they did last year. 10 wins by the Bucs might be enough.

New Orleans might just be scarier that Atlanta this year. Sure, the teams within the division have the possibility of beating up on each other in the 6 games. I seriously doubt that 10 wins will be enough to win the South...11? Maybe. Also, the Bucs don't play Atlanta at home on week 17 again when they had already clinched their spot in the playoffs...so I highly doubt that they will be playing a Falcons team that has already checked out of the regular season in week 7 this year. Bucs will have to surpass both the Saints and the Falcons to take the NFCS.

gone

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 04, 2013, 08:27:28 PM

I don't see us sweeping Carolina at all.  I'd actually be more worried about the reverse, but a split seems possible.  I worry about ATL sweeping us as well, but that's always a tough call.  Don't see us beating the 49ers, unless they have already locked up their seeding.  I don't like our schedule at all TBH.  The schedule just sets itself up for another rough end to a season.  Who knows what will really happen, but we are not going to be feasting on cupcakes this year. 

Entirely realistic start:

Jets W
NO   L
Pats L
Cards  *** This one is important to win.  Very. 
PHI  W

----- Depending on what happens vs Arizona we are either 3-2 or 2-3 here.  This is the end of the "easy" part of the schedule too.  We really need to be at 3 wins because (especially if we lost to Arizona) at least 2 of the next three games will look like this IMO:

ATL L
CAR L
SEA L

Miami ---- another Key game.  At 3-5 or 2-6 We have started a losing streak and if we can't end it here, stick a fork in us and expect to see Glennon.  If we manage to win one of those three games above we are still at best 4-4 heading into the tough part of our schedule, with only one "should win" ahead.  Without momentum, we could be looking at a third consecutive collapse.  A win here would inject some much needed confidence heading into a rough stretch of games, especially if we make it here at 5-4. It's possible we walk out of the Eagles game 4-1 for all we know so predictions mean little right now.

gone

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 04, 2013, 09:42:05 PM

Ah, the good old days, when we were young and starry-eyed optimists...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT PREDICTS A 9-7 RECORD FOR TAMPA BAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools