Boards > The Red Board

Look at Freeman's Presser after the game

(1/2) > >>

jbr18:
He looks scared and nervous during his presser too!! He just doesnt have it between the ears. He seems like a nice, good guy but just not NFL QB material. He wasnt a winner or accurate in college, so why would he be against tougher defenses in the league??

Blaze688:
I hate the word "winner." It doesn't mean anything.  There are too many variables in a game... too many moving parts... to simply label someone a winner or loser.

Some of college footballs greatest winners -- Testaverde, Tebow, Colt McCoy, etc -- didn't have what it took to succeed consistently at the highest level.  On the flip side, Peyton Manning couldn't win a bowl game.  Tom Brady couldn't keep a starting job.  Dan Marino blew his entire senior season.

Being a "winner" encompasses a lot of things... many of which a player has control of, but many of which he doesn't.

jbr18:
Blaze- Do you consider Tom Brady, Manning, Brees winners? I sure do. Why is that question hard for you to answer straight forward?

alldaway:

--- Quote from: Blaze688 on September 09, 2013, 09:58:27 AM ---I hate the word "winner." It doesn't mean anything.  There are too many variables in a game... too many moving parts... to simply label someone a winner or loser.

Some of college footballs greatest winners -- Testaverde, Tebow, Colt McCoy, etc -- didn't have what it took to succeed consistently at the highest level.  On the flip side, Peyton Manning couldn't win a bowl game.  Tom Brady couldn't keep a starting job.  Dan Marino blew his entire senior season.

Being a "winner" encompasses a lot of things... many of which a player has control of, but many of which he doesn't.

--- End quote ---

+1

Bucfucious:
Main Entry: winĚner
Pronunciation: \ˈwi-nər\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
: one that wins: as a : one that is successful especially through praiseworthy ability and hard work b : a victor especially in games and sports c : one that wins admiration

Blaze688:

--- Quote from: jbr18 on September 09, 2013, 10:04:23 AM ---Blaze- Do you consider Tom Brady, Manning, Brees winners? I sure do. Why is that question hard for you to answer straight forward?

--- End quote ---

Dude, that's my point.  None of those guys were "winners" in college, but they're some of the greatest players in league history.  I'm not saying that Josh qualifies under your criteria, but what I am saying is that, collegiately, being a "winner" doesn't mean ****.

I don't know what I'm not answering straightforward.

Skull and Bones:

--- Quote from: Blaze688 on September 09, 2013, 10:16:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: jbr18 on September 09, 2013, 10:04:23 AM ---Blaze- Do you consider Tom Brady, Manning, Brees winners? I sure do. Why is that question hard for you to answer straight forward?

--- End quote ---

Dude, that's my point.  None of those guys were "winners" in college, but they're some of the greatest players in league history.  I'm not saying that Josh qualifies under your criteria, but what I am saying is that, collegiately, being a "winner" doesn't mean ****.

--- End quote ---
good point.  But how about in their 5th NFL season, did you consider those guys winners by then?  Josh ain't no rookie.

Bucsfan4life323:

--- Quote from: Skull and Bones on September 09, 2013, 11:00:52 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Josh ain't no rookie.

--- End quote ---

He sure plays like one though!

Blaze688:

--- Quote from: Skull and Bones on September 09, 2013, 11:00:52 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
good point.  But how about in their 5th NFL season, did you consider those guys winners by then?  Josh ain't no rookie.

--- End quote ---

Don't mistake me.  Josh sucks.  But the term "winner" is hollow, regardless of its application.

GMACsBlankey:
Tebow has more playoff victories than we do since 02.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version