Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Greg Schiano Throw Josh Freeman Under the Bus ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : September 10, 2013, 03:28:01 AM »

Greg Schiano Throws Josh Freeman Under the Bus in Monday Press Conference

By Leo Howell - Sep 9th, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Sep 8, 2013; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Greg Schiano (left) and New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan shake hands after the second half at MetLife Stadium. The Jets won 18-17.  Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ head coach held his day after the game press conference on Monday afternoon, and Greg Schiano used some of his time to throw Josh Freeman under the bus, while refusing to admit his team was ill-prepared for Sunday’s loss to the New York Jets.

Schiano told the assembled media that “Stopping Doug Martin stops our offense” and that it’s not a secret in the league. He said that his team needed to hit more open receivers, catch more passes, and protect the quarterback better.

That was a thinly veiled shot at Josh Freeman, who did not have a very accurate day, but found himself in bad situations thanks to questionable playcalling, and had little time to throw behind a makeshift offensive line.

Schiano also pointed out that Freeman has the ability to call his own play, placing the blame on the signal caller for the delay of game penalties to start the game.

And while nothing Schiano said was explicitly false, it also was a press conference full of deflecting blame from the head coach.

He told the media in the press conference room that the team was fine, and that the margin between victory and defeat in the NFL was very thin. But when asked if the team was unprepared, or if they were disappointed to lose to a team many thought they would defeat, Schiano took no responsibility for the outcome.

Even Schiano’s mentor, Bill Belichick, admits he’s been outdone by an opposing coach. Click this link for the Google results of a search for “Bill Belichick we were outcoached” and you’ll see what I mean.

It’s a much smaller sample size, but there’s no press conferences or headlines on a quick Google search including Schiano proclaiming that he was outcoached.

I appreciate the style and ethics Schiano talks about wanting to bring to Tampa Bay. But to execute on that, he has to live up to his own messages.

If being a Buccaneer Man is about trust, belief, and accountability, then how is Schiano building trust with Josh Freeman and his teammates by not showing belief in the quarterback and taking accountability for his mistakes as a coach on Sunday?

Accountability is a two-way street. It’s fair to point out that Josh Freeman didn’t execute perfectly during the game, but Schiano must also hold himself accountable for not having a prepared football team on Sunday afternoon.

http://thepewterplank.com/2013/09/09/greg-schiano-throws-josh-freeman-bus-monday-press-conference/

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #1 : September 10, 2013, 03:49:48 AM »

Screw schiano in his gap-tooth. He has no room to talk about anyone's performance.

That loss was completely on schiano, Sheridan (maybe Davis), sully, and bostad. The players should be pissed.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #2 : September 10, 2013, 05:09:50 AM »

Screw schiano in his gap-tooth. He has no room to talk about anyone's performance.

That loss was completely on schiano, Sheridan (maybe Davis), sully, and bostad. The players should be pissed.

Just curious, but do you re-watch the games?  Record them or have Game Rewind?

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #3 : September 10, 2013, 05:15:39 AM »

That loss was completely on schiano, Sheridan (maybe Davis), sully, and bostad.

which one of those guys completed 48% of his passes while one-hopping or over-throwing the majority of the others??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Ynot

Starter
« #4 : September 10, 2013, 06:59:04 AM »

What if Schiano truly believes that he did have them prepared but one individual didn't perform, which in turn threw off the 'rhythm' of the entire offense?  Yes, he should say that and bit the proverbial bullet to protect Josh, but I think behind closed doors he is beyond frustrated with QB1.   I can't imagine how the home crowd will react if Freeman comes out and throws up a similar performance against the Saints.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #5 : September 10, 2013, 07:01:13 AM »

Freeman laid down in the street

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #6 : September 10, 2013, 07:05:17 AM »

Couldn't help but notice how much the Eagles and Redskins were stunting last light. ...

those evil stunts.....that EVERYONE does...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #7 : September 10, 2013, 07:38:47 AM »

Judging by how prepare defense was, it wouldn't surprise me of Freeman truly was the reason that game was an absolute disaster.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #8 : September 10, 2013, 07:42:40 AM »

Players are going to start tuning him out. I can see it happening in the bear future. I think S wants to be a mob boss more than a coach.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #9 : September 10, 2013, 08:01:09 AM »

I think Josh wants to be a model more than a QB

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #10 : September 10, 2013, 08:02:38 AM »

That loss was completely on schiano, Sheridan (maybe Davis), sully, and bostad.

which one of those guys completed 48% of his passes while one-hopping or over-throwing the majority of the others??

Schiano was responsible for the poorly thrown passes and Sully was responsible for the dropped balls, everyone knows that...

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #11 : September 10, 2013, 08:15:33 AM »

Then why didn't you throw it more? This guy needs to go, I'm not one to usually bail on a coach or player so early but he has no clue.  You have a predictable freaking game plan every week, Sunday run the ball and get no where then put your struggling Oline and QB in 3rd and 10s all game. They have no ability to make adjustments in game it seems, it's like they are banging their heads into a wall expecting different results. We might win a few this way but if we had a NFL coach this team would win the division with the talent on this team.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #12 : September 10, 2013, 08:18:36 AM »

Then why didn't you throw it more? This guy needs to go, I'm not one to usually bail on a coach or player so early but he has no clue.  You have a predictable freaking game plan every week, Sunday run the ball and get no where then put your struggling Oline and QB in 3rd and 10s all game. They have no ability to make adjustments in game it seems, it's like they are banging their heads into a wall expecting different results. We might win a few this way but if we had a NFL coach this team would win the division with the talent on this team.

Did you rewatch the game? Did you see how often we threw the ball on 1st down? 2nd down? We rarely ran it twice and threw on 3rd and long like you suggest. Personally I would have liked to see more rollouts that appeared to be effective in the first half. I'm wondering why we got away from those.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #13 : September 10, 2013, 08:21:36 AM »

:sinkingship:

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #14 : September 10, 2013, 08:28:31 AM »

That's bush league

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Greg Schiano Throw Josh Freeman Under the Bus ? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools