Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I am going on record, Buccaneers fans! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 11, 2013, 09:08:42 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that Schiano mishandled the pre-season this year and it showed last week.  However, this is a league of adjustments and there is still time to rectify the situation seeing that we have the talent.   However, we need a much better game-plan on offense, improved OL play and discipline on both sides of the ball.  That is a lot to fix in 7 days....

BucsOnDeck88

Pro Bowler

#16 : September 11, 2013, 10:12:59 AM

Very well written, op.

Its ok, Ive been here before... - Lovie Smith    ---------     Hes a great coach, hes been there before. - Lavonte David
Hes a great coach.  - Mike Evans

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#17 : September 11, 2013, 10:21:12 AM

Outstanding post!!
    Freeman is certainly not the only problem. Not having Lorig and a fully-healthy Stocker hurt our blocking for the run game. On one pass play, the DE/LB in front of Stocker took a step to the outside and Stocker didn't even MOVE. Easy sack... Ogletree couldn't seem to run a complete route, or catch the balls that hit him in the hands, and Bowers' failure to contain rushes to the outside hurt us at critical times.
    Hopefully adding Spencer Larsen will help the run game...
    With all that, a team can't have irresponsible, mentally sloppy play from their starting QB and expect to win many games. Schiano is NOT and shouldn't be an overly patient man; if these Freeman-ism's become a pattern, I've little doubt we'll soon see Glennon in the Bucs huddle and Freeman on the bench...

Agree Freeman is not the only problem.  Luke Stocker is gaining steam to be the next one out the door.

I will say one of the biggest plays was Freeman's INT towards the end of the second half.  Absolutely changed the game, momentum, etc.  It was a prime example of why Schiano's patience is disappearing.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#18 : September 11, 2013, 10:25:37 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that Schiano mishandled the pre-season this year and it showed last week.  However, this is a league of adjustments and there is still time to rectify the situation seeing that we have the talent.   However, we need a much better game-plan on offense, improved OL play and discipline on both sides of the ball.  That is a lot to fix in 7 days....

Mishandled how?  Are you of the belief more reps for Freeman would have changed his performance?  What if Penn, or VJ were seriously hurt? If he decides to eject for Glennon, would you agree he handled the preseason well?

I don't agree with all this discipline talk.  At some point, discipline becomes a foundation, and exceptions happen.  My example would be the Military.  The people in the military that do these horrendous war crimes are a result of a lack of discipline in the military?  Absolutely not, they are a result of people not performing to the standard which undoubtedly we will always have and these people need to be held responsible.  You don't blame that on leadership.
: September 11, 2013, 10:27:21 AM BaghdadJoe54

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 11, 2013, 01:16:53 PM

All,

I am disappointed in the Blackout Report's ship jumping after Week 1 of Schiano's second season.  There were numerous performances worse than ours, and I believe there was a component of media hype that discounted the Jet's as a viable opponent.  The un-professional article blaming Schiano, while sneaking in a whine rant about media availability is a grand representation of this site but it should not be a representation of our fan base.  If as Buccaneer fans we give a coach one full season, a pre-season, and one regular season game to judge his potential than we are all wet.  Let's start by fully understanding the situation.

He inherited an undisciplined team that still needed to learn the basics.  In a number of games prior to his arrival we questioned not only the game plan, but the EFFORT of the team.  Schiano came in with limited talent, which we immediately addressed in Free Agency so I don't believe the roster was bare in his first season.  However, I do believe he had a monumental task of changing a mindset or culture.  By all accounts, he did that.  We may all agree or disagree on the method, but the result is undeniable.  There was no questioning the EFFORT of our team against the Jets.  His first season did not blow us away, but had us excited about the potential hence the expectations of this season.  Yet, we all seem to forget that pretty much the entire Buc Nation questions one key element of the team which is our Quarterback.  So we wanted him to change a culture, and make a star out of a QB in which many doubt has the capability to be a NFL QB.  Even recently, an outside source bashed the QB basically calling him incompetent at this position.  All this in one full season, a pre-season, and week 1.

His second season.  He again gets the benefit of a strong free agency/trade.  He decides to rest the starters, and work on the team's depth to make us a better overall team that can handle the rigors of a full season.  How quickly we forget who we were starting and playing towards the end of last season.  We all forget that depth has historically plagued our team.  Unfortunately, we have some key injuries.  Nicks, Gorrer, and Barth for example but we certainly learned a lot about our team.  But yet, we bash Schiano for resting our stars which almost all were available come Sunday.  Some of you honestly believe that additional reps in the pre-season would have changed Josh Freeman?  Seriously?  Get out of here.  Playing Joseph in the in the pre-season was worth the risk? Just stop.  Doug Martin needs MORE carries?  Now you lost your mind.  However, we did lose to the Jets and the offense was not effective so he is not perfect.  But who is?  And do we not give him credit for a defense that was exciting to watch?  Why do we blame him for Freeman's continuous roller coaster performances, or for Ogletree's vanishing act?  We give no credit to the Jets and Rex Ryan, who is known around the league as a defensive mastermind? 

Sure Schiano is the head ball coach, and has a large task ahead of him coupled with a transition from the college ranks.  Does he have some adjusting and growing to do? Without a doubt. But the man can not fix all our problems in the timeframe some of you have allotted considering some of these issues date back many years prior to his arrival.  Some of you called the coaching performance amateur hour, yet you absorb these amateur articles and posts like they are outlined with facts and reasoning.  With all that being said, I expect us to bounce back against the Saints.  I am not predicting a win, but are we now considering the Saints an unworthy opponent too?  Have we all let our fan perspective outgrow the reality that our team is still coming together? 

The bottom line is we need to be fans that last more than a week.  We owe it to ourselves, to our team, to the young future Buccaneer fans.  Do you think the Ravens, Redskins, or Steelers are in full panic mode?  But yet we want to become a fan base like the Jaguars.  Raise your standards, raise your expectations, and demand more not only from the team but also your fellow fans. 

With all that being said, I am going on record to say Schiano will be successful with this team and the Blackout Report will be in full recovery mode. All of you fellow season ticket holders, see you on Sunday.  All others that can make it, bring your excitement because I am tired of hearing the Saints fans at our home games.   Get off the Blackout bandwagon, and get your damn butts (and toes) on the Pirate Ship loading line!  Gonna fire them cannons baby!

Dude, we just lost to the Jets...

youngone

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 11, 2013, 02:00:35 PM

So... We're 0-1.

Reading the garbage on here today, you would swear we are about to be watching the wildcard weekend this Sunday. It's only one lost people, get over it.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#21 : September 11, 2013, 02:04:04 PM

Warrenfb12 - I am with you it was an ugly loss but its Week 1. What if they play the Patriots close or even win?  All I am saying is jumping ship NOW is embarrassing.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 11, 2013, 02:24:47 PM

Not going to lie, I love it. A bunch of people getting emotional over their team losing a game. Makes you wonder how they are at home...

*Burns porkchop*
*Throws porkchop*
*sobs*
*Throws George Foreman Grill*
*Buys new grill*

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 11, 2013, 02:28:29 PM

It's not the porkchop's fault. The pan failed to block the heat.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 11, 2013, 02:29:17 PM

Not going to lie, I love it. A bunch of people getting emotional over their team losing a game. Makes you wonder how they are at home...

*Burns porkchop*
*Throws porkchop*
*sobs*
*Throws George Foreman Grill*
*Buys new grill*
Lol and blames the power company for supplying the electric.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 11, 2013, 02:29:28 PM

George Foreman grill is no way to cook a proper pork chop

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 11, 2013, 03:10:02 PM

Great Post. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time.

If this team has ever needed its fan base to have their back, its this season.

How does that escape some of us (actual, not pretend msg bd fans.)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 11, 2013, 03:26:07 PM

Essentially EVERY NFL has a similar pattern of using starters in the pre-season. There are some players who are used a little more or a little less in pre-season than the norm, depending on their health situation at present, or in the recent past.

To my knowledge, NFL vets get little if any reps in game 4 under any circumstances. Occasionally, perhaps, but very rare.

Game 3 is when everyone who is deemed healthy goes into the 3rd quarter, their first extended time. Tough, IMO, to jump from only a few plays to virtually a whole game in the course of 1 week. The likelihood of injuries would surely occur to any HC...

Games 2 and 1 the vets get a sprinkling of play, as coaches are primarily looking a rookies competing just to make the team. Largely for determining who their backups will be, a necessity not to be ignored.

So, KNOWING our backups need to be improved, WHEN would our starters get this magical "extended PT" in the pre-season? This "Schiano mishandled our pre-season" stuff is beyond ludicrous, with only 4 pre-season games on the schedule...  8)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 11, 2013, 03:39:59 PM

Essentially EVERY NFL has a similar pattern of using starters in the pre-season. There are some players who are used a little more or a little less in pre-season than the norm, depending on their health situation at present, or in the recent past.

To my knowledge, NFL vets get little if any reps in game 4 under any circumstances. Occasionally, perhaps, but very rare.

Game 3 is when everyone who is deemed healthy goes into the 3rd quarter, their first extended time. Tough, IMO, to jump from only a few plays to virtually a whole game in the course of 1 week. The likelihood of injuries would surely occur to any HC...

Games 2 and 1 the vets get a sprinkling of play, as coaches are primarily looking a rookies competing just to make the team. Largely for determining who their backups will be, a necessity not to be ignored.

So, KNOWING our backups need to be improved, WHEN would our starters get this magical "extended PT" in the pre-season? This "Schiano mishandled our pre-season" stuff is beyond ludicrous, with only 4 pre-season games on the schedule...  8)

Doug Martin played a grand total of 8 snaps for the entire preseason

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 11, 2013, 03:43:25 PM

Because he got hurt.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I am going on record, Buccaneers fans! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools