Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I am going on record, Buccaneers fans! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Jumper

Second String

#30 : September 11, 2013, 03:47:57 PM

In any case now that the pre-season is over I expect the Bucs to play a much better game at home and put some wind back in the sails. I don't think the Saints can shut down Martin like the Jets did, in turn Freeman might have a better game.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 11, 2013, 04:45:30 PM

Because he got hurt.
Shhhhh.. Not too loud. The outrage is still swirling. No room for common sense explanations yet. Try again on Friday.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 11, 2013, 05:01:43 PM

Because he got hurt.

For four weeks?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 11, 2013, 05:10:02 PM

Because he got hurt.

For four weeks?
Would you play your stud RB alot in preseason game 1? Going up against UPS drivers going all out and would do anything to make a team.

Week 2 he got hurt on the 3rd play I believe.

Week 3 they held him out partly because of the injury and week 4 he wouldn't have played anyway.

In summary, find some other guy to be outraged about.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#34 : September 11, 2013, 09:53:16 PM

Essentially EVERY NFL has a similar pattern of using starters in the pre-season. There are some players who are used a little more or a little less in pre-season than the norm, depending on their health situation at present, or in the recent past.

To my knowledge, NFL vets get little if any reps in game 4 under any circumstances. Occasionally, perhaps, but very rare.

Game 3 is when everyone who is deemed healthy goes into the 3rd quarter, their first extended time. Tough, IMO, to jump from only a few plays to virtually a whole game in the course of 1 week. The likelihood of injuries would surely occur to any HC...

Games 2 and 1 the vets get a sprinkling of play, as coaches are primarily looking a rookies competing just to make the team. Largely for determining who their backups will be, a necessity not to be ignored.

So, KNOWING our backups need to be improved, WHEN would our starters get this magical "extended PT" in the pre-season? This "Schiano mishandled our pre-season" stuff is beyond ludicrous, with only 4 pre-season games on the schedule...  8)

I concur, and further the point the practice is followed by the majority of the league why do people think we were so disadvantaged?

Didn't Geno miss a lot of time in the pre-season due to ankle, and splitting reps yet he seemed to play ok for a rookie.  Josh has years under his belt, and we are still complaining he needs more reps.  C'mon man.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#35 : September 11, 2013, 09:56:01 PM

Because he got hurt.

For four weeks?

I said this before, but how in the world do you think Doug Martin needs more reps?  By all accounts the guy was over-used, yet we think getting him hit in pre-season is a good move? 

More than 8 reps wouldn't have helped on Sunday because there just wasn't any room to run.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 11, 2013, 10:00:58 PM

Because he got hurt.

For four weeks?

I said this before, but how in the world do you think Doug Martin needs more reps?  By all accounts the guy was over-used, yet we think getting him hit in pre-season is a good move? 

More than 8 reps wouldn't have helped on Sunday because there just wasn't any room to run.

A running back does more than run.  And he certainly looked rusty to me, so you're damn right I think he needed more reps.

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#37 : September 11, 2013, 10:16:31 PM

Because he got hurt.

For four weeks?

A running back does more than run.  And he certainly looked rusty to me, so you're damn right I think he needed more reps.

No doubt he looked out of sync as he dropped some passes but you don't think the injury may be more of an impact rather than pre-season reps? 

BaghdadJoe54

Starter

#38 : September 12, 2013, 02:42:16 PM

Hope everyone watched today's press conference.  Most of the media in today's world is nothing more than team paparazzi trying to earn a dollar.

I hope Blackout Report does the right thing and sets the story straight especially with bowers coming out as well saying it was a lie.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 12, 2013, 02:43:48 PM

Freeman up next.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#40 : September 12, 2013, 05:31:55 PM

Excellent post!!!!       

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 12, 2013, 05:42:46 PM

Because he got hurt.

For four weeks?
Would you play your stud RB alot in preseason game 1? Going up against UPS drivers going all out and would do anything to make a team.

Week 3 they held him out partly because of the injury and week 4 he wouldn't have played anyway.

The buccaneers were going to ride the running game (Martin & Oline) with the qb in a supporting role.  Coach was very clear.  How did that work?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

youngone

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 12, 2013, 05:59:15 PM

Because he got hurt.

For four weeks?

The buccaneers were going to ride the running game (Martin & Oline) with the qb in a supporting role.  Coach was very clear.  How did that work?
Looked like crap but worked up until the last 35 seconds.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 12, 2013, 06:41:24 PM

Doug Martin is another enigma. After watching last year's games Doug Martin looked exactly how he looked on Sunday. If a DL or LB gets his hands on him before he gets up to speed he just gets rag dolled to the ground.

The only time Martin ran the ball successfully was when he got through the LOS untouched and got to full speed and make a LB miss. The pitch outs never work. I would never make him a feature back. I think he would be better off as a 3rd down back.

The comparison is Barry Sanders. He is going to have a bunch of negative and 1 and 2 yard runs and you just have to hope that he breaks a big one or two eventually. Against teams like the Jets I would have liked to see Hillis get in there. He can break some of those arm tackles.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 12, 2013, 06:53:08 PM

Every single year, for the past five years, I've heard John Madden say some version of, "Offenses always look sloppier in the beginning of the season, and it takes a little while for them to catch up with where the defense is."

I'm not a Freeman apologist, and I honestly no longer believe in him at all as a QB, but it is something to consider. This won't be a playoff season, but I really don't think Schiano is a bad coach in any way. In fact, I think he's one of the best in the NFL and I hope he's here for a long time.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I am going on record, Buccaneers fans! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools