Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IS THE FREEMAN ERA IN TAMPA BAY COMING TO AN END? SIGNS SAY YES « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#45 : September 12, 2013, 08:40:16 AM

That is why I am rooting like hell for the most important piece on the table to do well (QB). 

If he tanks it, there is going to be a renovations done that might sit this team at 8 wins for a couple.

However, that doesn't mean a good QB coming into this craptastic "if"fense. Embrace the chaos?  Seriously Sullivan?!

Wesmon

Second String

#46 : September 12, 2013, 08:42:34 AM

Freeman has the personality to be likeable? What? I think what most fans are most fed up with is his IDGAF personality... at least on the football field.

As a coach myself, an offensive coordinator and QB coach... My guys have made their mistakes in games over the years and it drives me absolutely crazy.  But they don't play like Josh Freeman does. Lost and confused... a rookie for life. If I were an incoming coach and I had an opportunity to coach a team with Josh Freeman as my QB and I had watched his film... I would seriously have to consider turning down the job, or at the very least, be guaranteed I'd have a shot at another QB.

I don't know much about Sullivan or Schiano and how they really feel about Free... but I cannot imagine they are enjoying life with this guy as their QB. Just speaking as a coach right now. I know I would lose my mind with that guy running my offense.

Have you ever hung out with Josh, one-on-one, or in a small setting? Ask the Insiders who came to our Draft party. Not one single person said anything negative. Came (late) but stayed well past the required time. Signed everything asked and took 100 photos. Then had a burger and beer with the owners. No, he doesn't have the charisma of a politician, but no one I know came away anything other than impressed with Josh.

But yeah the laid-back stuff on the field is frustrating at times. But that isn't the worst thing ever. Eli Manning has the personality of flat white paint drying on a concrete wall.

There are plenty of QBs who lead questionable lives off the field. Ben Roethlisberger comes to mind. But Josh just can't get it done on the field, that's the bottom line. The problem with his helmet last Sunday is a perfect example. The team and coaching staff had options in play for such a situation but Freeman just folded, not once but twice.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#47 : September 12, 2013, 08:44:04 AM

So once again, why are we wasting an entire season figuring this out? Why isn't he gone already?

The million dollar question.
Schiano got hired 20 months ago. How much more does he have to decide?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#48 : September 12, 2013, 08:50:18 AM

So once again, why are we wasting an entire season figuring this out? Why isn't he gone already?

I was asking this question since mid of last season? What to gain from a 5th chance for Freeman?  We already saw him for FOUR years.

ufcguy32

Starter

#49 : September 12, 2013, 08:50:34 AM

FIRE SCHIANO. this guy has such a big ego and cannot scheme for anyone. for someone who has so many details how the hell did we look like high schoolers out there.
we need to get sullivan and wanny  in the head spots for now and fire sheridan and schiano. im over it.  is schiano have such a big ego to get rid of josh that he set him up to fail. and then throw him under the bus in the media? i wouldnt put it past him.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#50 : September 12, 2013, 09:10:11 AM

I was watching guys like Mike Vick, Colin Kapernick, Aaron Rodgers, and a few others this past weekend.

I caught myself feeling jealous about how they could consistently deliver a tight spiral to a WR in stride.

Freeman occasionally does that...seems like rarely in his past 5 games.

Also

My stomach drops every time Freeman drops back in a high pressure situation because I'm concerned he is going to throw a pick.

I can't be the only one that feels that way?

You're not.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#51 : September 12, 2013, 09:12:16 AM

I was watching guys like Mike Vick, Colin Kapernick, Aaron Rodgers, and a few others this past weekend.

I caught myself feeling jealous about how they could consistently deliver a tight spiral to a WR in stride.

Also

My stomach drops every time Freeman drops back in a high pressure situation because I'm concerned he is going to throw a pick.

You're not.

You're not.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#52 : September 12, 2013, 09:14:37 AM

Also

I been saying that all week... Every passing play we run looks like an abortion even before the outcome of the play.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#53 : September 12, 2013, 09:16:18 AM

I have zero confidence in him.

I feel like we're lucky every time he completes a pass.

That is not good.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#54 : September 12, 2013, 09:18:34 AM

I root for everyone Qaz.
: September 12, 2013, 09:22:41 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

ufcguy32

Starter

#55 : September 12, 2013, 09:20:19 AM

ive noticed a couple things first we cant block a screen or execute it. if we could teams would not be blitzing bc doug martin would take it to the house a few times and make them think twice before they do it. second we cant hit guys over the middle in stride.  third the play calling is so predictable i can sit before the play and tell you which side and what play based on the other play. if i can do it, how easy is it for a nfl coordinator to do. no deep shots down the field on a rookie corner? what the hell is he thinking. all these throws like wheel routes etc....is not josh freemans strength. i hope to god this line learns how to block, i feel like we were so focused on no injuries we ended up soft and weak instead of being ready to play ball and have no cohesion on offense. the dline still looks avg to me but i think we will be better this year bc of the coverage. these stunts are gonna drive me nuts and i seriously just wish we would go and let them rush the passer. its atrocious and how can he not see how bad against the pass the stunts were? sure they disrupt a runnning team but wow , it looks bad against guys who make quick decisions...i think you rush guys up the middle in drews face get him off the mark as much as possible. its the only way he makes mistakes.

blackat1515

Second String
#56 : September 12, 2013, 09:36:13 AM

I guess we just need to talk about something, and the hot topic is Freeman, I just don't understand why so many people hate freeman, we are 0-1, but so are 16 other teams, yes we lost to the Jets, mind you we are talking about a good Def team. To me the reason why was because of not being prepared as a TEAM. Pitt lost to the titans, I don't see the ** Cut Big Ben ** news, Eli through 3 picks, I don't see the **cut Eli** news paper articles. Lets get play the season out and see what happens, it's not like we got a choice.. AS LONG AS FREEMAN IS A BUC, I WILL SUPPORT HIM!!!!!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#57 : September 12, 2013, 09:47:13 AM

Excellent article, sir!
   it's all about a little thing called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, isn't it. Young folks too often don't realize this, but the bigger the contract, the bigger all those little things become...
  Sad to hear, really. I'm sure his Dad is none to pleased with his son's poor behavior. He seems similar to Dwight Howard in the NBA in a lot of ways, althought Dwight is way more public and a bigger 'star'...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#58 : September 12, 2013, 09:49:21 AM

The million dollar question.

Agreed. Schiano should be fired today.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#59 : September 12, 2013, 09:52:57 AM

The best thing that can happen is that this team pulls a 2011 where everyone quits on the HC.  That way the Glazers fire Dominik and Schiano, bring in an experienced GM who knows what he's doing.  Hire a offensive minded HC (or a defensive minded HC who's won in the past - with good offenses), and draft a new QB.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IS THE FREEMAN ERA IN TAMPA BAY COMING TO AN END? SIGNS SAY YES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools