Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tank for Teddy (from the fine folks who brought you "Suck for Luck") « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 29

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#225 : October 05, 2013, 08:57:08 PM

Tanking is the obvoius choice. Its a 2fer. Ditch Schiano and get our QB of the future. Yes, Winston looks amazing, but this draft is LOADED with QB talent, and we are on track to have our pick of the litter.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#226 : October 05, 2013, 10:48:48 PM

Don't understand why one would want this team to 'tank for teddy'. If that is your mode of thinking, we should just trade all our players for 1st round draft picks and wait until that Winston kid from FSU declares in a year or two..... the best FRESHMAN I have EVER seen play the game.
You want to tank 2 or 3 seasons AND get rid of substantial talent in the process so we can have the CHANCE to draft someone who might end up PLAYING BASEBALL.

But somehow you don't understand being bad for one year(we're already bad) to get a phenomenal QB prospect

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#227 : October 05, 2013, 11:05:34 PM

Tanking is the obvoius choice. Its a 2fer. Ditch Schiano and get our QB of the future. Yes, Winston looks amazing, but this draft is LOADED with QB talent, and we are on track to have our pick of the litter.

I honestly think if we keep schiano, we can kiss that idea goodbye.

Even if we did keep schiano, and he did sign a QB, ...who's going to mentor him in the nfl?

....the nazi college QB killer, or the WR coach? Butch Davis maybe? Seriously, schiano stays and we are SOL either way.

No matter what someone's option is about schiano, this is the unescapable fact we have to live with. Sucks, but that's the reality we're in atm.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#228 : October 05, 2013, 11:11:47 PM

How many QB's has Schiano had to develope worth anything? Give the guy a break a TAD! Jeez...and im not even a schi-tzophrentic right now.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#229 : October 05, 2013, 11:22:28 PM

All I'm asking is...has he MADE a QB better? Ever?

If the answer is no, then I'd have to ask another question to you.

What makes you think he CAN?

I mean, he just tossed out a first round QB AND might as well have given something extra to get rid of him (pride). There is absolutely nothing in schiano's history that suggests he can coach anything other than RB's and maybe LBers and DB's. QB's are obviously NOT his strongsuit.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Ricky Bobby

Starter

#230 : October 06, 2013, 04:02:50 AM

All I'm asking is...has he MADE a QB better? Ever?

If the answer is no, then I'd have to ask another question to you.

What makes you think he CAN?

I mean, he just tossed out a first round QB AND might as well have given something extra to get rid of him (pride). There is absolutely nothing in schiano's history that suggests he can coach anything other than RB's and maybe LBers and DB's. QB's are obviously NOT his strongsuit.
Bench, first answer no. No, Schiano has never made any QB better.
Second answer is I don't.
Also, would like to ask RBs? Really? Based on that he had Ray Rice, one of the greatest RBs ever attend Rutgers? I am definetely not putting Schiano's name anywhere near coaching RBs. lol That's just pure talent.

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#231 : October 06, 2013, 08:09:43 AM

SHE a no needs to go. We need a bonafide stud franchise QB. There is some real nice young talent on the roster. VJax and Revis are still in their primes.

Tanking this season for Teddy or whomever we can get if we can secure a top three pick can help us more than playing .500 ball the rest of the way. Any wins that don't lead us into a playoff spot are meaningless. All that will do is delay the inevitable, imo. SHE a no hasn't done much for me to think he should escape the turk on the Monday after week 17.

The quest for .500 begins...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#232 : October 06, 2013, 08:10:50 AM

Teddy makes this a playoff team over night.
: October 06, 2013, 08:12:51 AM Dolorous Jason

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Ricky Bobby

Starter

#233 : October 06, 2013, 08:35:54 AM

Teddy makes this a playoff team over night.
Just like Andrew Luck did and is doing for the Colts.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#234 : October 06, 2013, 08:48:51 AM

Bingo.

Ricky Bobby

Starter

#235 : October 06, 2013, 08:50:31 AM

Bingo.
Granted, we also need to get a new HC that actually makes adjustments at half time... but I figure that will happen once we've tanked the season anyways. :D

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#236 : October 07, 2013, 04:16:50 PM

http://espn.go.com/ncf/notebook/_/page/onthemark-131007/total-qbr-measure-college-football-quarterbacks

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#237 : October 07, 2013, 04:36:58 PM

Boyd really low there. I don't buy some of those at the top. Just haven't played anyone. Adjusted or not, it inflates numbers. Speaking of competition: UCF is tge toughest remaining contest for Teddy?  I hope they get a good bowl game so we can judge him against better Ds. Manziel plays I'm thw much tougher SEC and scores on 65% of his possessions? Yes please!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#238 : October 07, 2013, 04:51:22 PM

Boyd really low there. I don't buy some of those at the top. Just haven't played anyone. Adjusted or not, it inflates numbers. Speaking of competition: UCF is tge toughest remaining contest for Teddy?  I hope they get a good bowl game so we can judge him against better Ds. Manziel plays I'm thw much tougher SEC and scores on 65% of his possessions? Yes please!

The best defense in the SEC right now is UF , and Bridgewater destroyed them last season. See the 2013 Sugar Bowl :

Dude is the real deal.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#239 : October 07, 2013, 04:53:37 PM

Someone on the SB Buccaneer site (draftphantom?) Brought up a good counterpoint to the level of competition talking point. Basically a good QB is a good QB as he mentioned successful QBs from the MAC, WAC, etc... It's not an exact science, and everyone has different definitions for a successful NFL QB. Kids can only play who they play. Granted be chose to go to Louisville, but only after Shannon was ran out of town at Miami.

I do agree, I do hope that they get a good D to play against in their bowl game, but he already tore apart UF in the Sugar Bowl. And that team will have more than its share of NFLers.

/shrug

Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 29
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tank for Teddy (from the fine folks who brought you "Suck for Luck") « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools