Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR's Prediction « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PreferNFL

Hall of Famer

: September 12, 2013, 07:28:23 AM

The 9-7 prediction by PR for this season would appear to be a stretch that would require a rather large rubber band.  If we are to take the week 1 debacle and use it as a barometer for the upcoming season, my guess is that 3-4 wins would be quite a stretch.  True enough, it was just one game.  But over many many seasons, I have watched the Bucs falter mightily in games that should have easily been won.  This season already wreaks of disaster.  Maybe things will turn quickly.  Maybe the line will open holes for Hamster.  Maybe the QB (whoever it will be) will have time to find receivers open and throw the pill accurately.  Maybe I will win the lotto.  Maybe.................

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 12, 2013, 07:40:04 AM

Depends ...we beat the Saints suddenly everyone is thinking we can make a playoff run again.

We lose to the Saints and it could be tailspin city.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 12, 2013, 07:50:35 AM

One game shouldn't change to much. Freeman's lack of improvement may be noted, our defense looked good, that may be noted, the run game was gone, that may be noted but I wouldn't start drawing conclusions about who/what this team will be until after the first 1/4.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 12, 2013, 07:53:33 AM

9-7 is tough, hell whatever your prediction was, is gonna be tough since whatever your W count was the Jets were one of those W's. :)

The thing is if we play like that we won't win diddly but you have to assume we won't play like that all the time. We know Freeman is inconsistent as all get out so maybe he comes out this weekend and has one of those "oh that is why we keep that guy" around games. If he does that it just says we are on another rollcoaster season and we'll be in that 8-8 neighborhood.

If we lose to the Saints, and look ugly doing it, it could get things really rolling wrong and goodness knows there is nothing the Pats love to do more than kick a dog when it is down.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 12, 2013, 07:58:50 AM

Depends ...we beat the Saints suddenly everyone is thinking we can make a playoff run again.

Not me. This team is destined for 3 to 5 wins. Freeman has had 3 TDs and 10 Ints over his last four games, so it's about time for a good game. It won't change anything though. Just delaying the inevitable. Sooner he gets benched and Glennon starts, the better imo. That way there won't be even a shadow of a doubt that Glennon sucks too and we definitely have to drafts QB in the 1st round next year. Worst case scenario is letting Freeman walk, and passing on a 1st round QB because we need to give Glennon a shot at starting next year. We are already wasting an entire season, let's not make it two.

PreferNFL

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 12, 2013, 07:59:49 AM

no conclusions were drawn in my post, hence the comment "True enough, it was just one game.........."

PreferNFL

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 12, 2013, 08:01:20 AM

and what is it with this franchise when it comes to drafting "franchise QB's" ?? ..................... :-X

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 12, 2013, 08:03:29 AM

no conclusions were drawn in my post, hence the comment "True enough, it was just one game.........."

It was only one game if you just started watching the Bucs this past Sunday. Most of us watched 2011 and 2012 and this preseason.....so it wasn't just one game.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#8 : September 12, 2013, 09:26:09 AM

I still think that the Bucs will go on to win between 6 and 8 games this season.....8 being a "best case" scenario, as was my preseason prediction.  Regardless of what happens to Freeman or if we select another QB next draft class - I hope the Bucs FO takes a good look at the coaching staff.  Because if I am right, that the Bucs only get 6-8 wins then something must change.  I hear Lovie Smith is still looking for a HC job.

And you can't blame Freeman solely for the Jets loss - it was a combination of many things.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 12, 2013, 09:48:10 AM

"It was only one game if you just started watching the Bucs this past Sunday. Most of us watched 2011 and 2012 and this preseason.....so it wasn't just one game."

Doesn't matter how many times you point the truth out to them, pretending that an event is an 'isolated incident' instead of part of a long term pattern is a defense mechanism commonly used on this board. The majority of posters make up their minds based on their emotional reaction, then manipulate their vision of reality to fit with what they already believe. Logic and reason will not sway them.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 12, 2013, 10:23:30 AM

Sooner he gets benched and Glennon starts, the better imo.

How? Why? What has Glennon shown you that tells you he'd be the better QB? You guys **CENSORED** about Freeman throwing a pick. What are you going to do to Glennon. You get that he is a rookie, right? You understand that, yes?

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#11 : September 12, 2013, 10:25:07 AM

Bucs will never have a winning record with Schiano. His defensive scheme is downright awful, fails at making in game adjustments and micro manages this team into losing. We are the Browns of the AFC.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Sailing2smth

Starter

#12 : September 12, 2013, 10:30:07 AM

How? Why? What has Glennon shown you that tells you he'd be the better QB? You guys **CENSORED** about Freeman throwing a pick. What are you going to do to Glennon. You get that he is a rookie, right? You understand that, yes?

I think that JDub was being facetious; his follow on sentence he said that there would not be a shadow of a doubt that Glennon is not the answer at QB.  Which I gotta agree with because we'd still have Rutgers at HC.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#13 : September 12, 2013, 10:31:22 AM

take a step back and look at the big picture.

If you would rather win 7 games than 3, Freeman is your guy. And will be for sometime.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 12, 2013, 10:39:29 AM

"It was only one game if you just started watching the Bucs this past Sunday. Most of us watched 2011 and 2012 and this preseason.....so it wasn't just one game."

Doesn't matter how many times you point the truth out to them, pretending that an event is an 'isolated incident' instead of part of a long term pattern is a defense mechanism commonly used on this board. The majority of posters make up their minds based on their emotional reaction, then manipulate their vision of reality to fit with what they already believe. Logic and reason will not sway them.

The pot calling the kettle black?

Lead by example.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR's Prediction « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools