Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs’ soap opera is getting hard to watch « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : September 13, 2013, 02:55:39 AM »

Fennelly: Bucs’ soap opera hard to watch

The Associated PresS
Josh Freeman’s days as the Bucs’ starting quarterback could be numbered.

By Martin Fennelly | Tribune Staff

Published: September 12, 2013

TAMPA —

Josh Freeman missed the Bucs team photo last week.

I’ve got news for you:

He’s going to miss the Bucs team photo next year, too.

Six whole days into the 2013 season and it’s that polluted, toxic even.

Let’s take a vote.

Everyone who thinks Freeman will be back, raise your hand.

Everyone who thinks Greg Schiano doesn’t truly believe in Josh Freeman, raise your hand.

Everyone who thinks Josh Freeman doesn’t truly believe in Greg Schiano, raise your hand.

Six days into the 2013 season and we’ve got an Apocalypse Now bullet train flying down the tracks, already filled with The Case of the Missed Team Photo and, more ludicrous, The Case of the Missing Votes — the story roundly refuted by all in pewter: that the head coach, the grand tabulator, rigged the returns to keep No. 5 from being elected a captain by his teammates.

Absurd story. Insanity.

Still:

This thing is done, over.

I don’t think Josh Freeman is back next season, if he lasts that long.

Who’s got the bye week in the pool?

I don’t think Schiano wants him back.

And I don’t think Freeman wants to be back.

This is a bad situation.

Winning football teams don’t act this way.

Would it have made a difference if the Bucs had beaten the Jets?

Will it make a difference if they beat the Saints this Sunday?

Not in the long run.

Schiano and Freeman said the right things Thursday, emphasizing an unshakable bond.

“I do trust Josh,” Schiano said. “We share a lot of things together.”

“I do, absolutely,” Freeman said when asked if he trusts Schiano. He added, “Coach rigging the ballots or something? Coach would not do that. I’ve got 100 percent confidence. That’s a big thing with Coach: trust and accountability. Of course I trust Coach.”

Believe them?

Do their actions back it up?

Let’s take a vote.

Freeman currently is the Incredible Shrinking Quarterback. It’s inside his head, and I don’t know how it’s getting out of there. His head coach hasn’t helped.

If you ask me, Schiano has decided that Freeman isn’t his guy.

I think Freeman has decided the same thing about Schiano.

Schiano’s problem, a real one, is that rookie Mike Glennon isn’t a winning alternative right now, especially given that the money and talent in the building say Win Now.

It’s toxic right now. That a conspiracy theory of Schiano fixing the captains vote — as raving lunatic, Captain Queeg as it would be — could gain legs even for a moment speaks to all of it ... seriously, the idea of the head coach superseding the voice of his team, or miscounting votes ... One for Josh, two for Vincent, one for Josh, three for Davin ...

Ridiculous.

There’s still no stopping the real mess.

Freeman’s brainless act (or was it?) of oversleeping that photo shoot (that’s a leader?) as his Toes On The Line boss waited, is a window to a disconnect that won’t change, even if Freeman rallies against New Orleans.

I think the Bucs’ narrative, dictated by Schiano, is set if this season falls apart: Freeman takes the fall. And Freeman will leave, happily, I think, free of Schiano as much as Schiano is free of him.

Bucs defensive lineman Da’Quan Bowers had Thursday’s best line. On Freeman and the team snapshot, Bowers said, “He’ll get on in there. That’s why we have Photoshop and all those type things.”

It will be make believe. Like this trust stuff.

Who thinks this is a pretty picture?

Let’s take one last vote.

Jaycub

Rookie
« #1 : September 13, 2013, 03:16:36 AM »

This is definitely NOT a pretty picture.

This entire situation gives me the feeling the Freeman will NOT be the starting QB throughout the entire season.

And yes, this is a soap opera. It's like watching WWE but it's football.  ::)

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #2 : September 13, 2013, 06:01:45 AM »

Does it matter if freeman starts or not now? He can't play for schiano (I doubt many could), and his days with rah was a very bad start. They ruined him.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

« #3 : September 13, 2013, 09:26:10 AM »

I'm going to the Panthers game at the end of October, Josh will NOT be the quarterback by then.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

« #4 : September 13, 2013, 07:43:07 PM »

The whole situation with this team is embarrassing.  I think the first series in the Jets game might go down as a sign of what the season was.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #5 : September 13, 2013, 09:25:54 PM »

I'm going to the Panthers game at the end of October, Josh will NOT be the quarterback by then.

If they did intend to make a switch, during the bye week would be my guess.That gives Freeman 4 games to prove himself.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

QaZ

Pro Bowler

« #6 : September 13, 2013, 09:27:27 PM »

If they did intend to make a switch, during the bye week would be my guess.That gives Freeman 4 games to prove himself.

Well worth his $10M contract and the missed out trade opprtunity, right?

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #7 : September 13, 2013, 09:32:13 PM »

I'll be at the Saints game Sunday, and I'm hoping he won't be our quarterback by half time.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs’ soap opera is getting hard to watch « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools