Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR's Prediction « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 12, 2013, 12:55:23 PM

Bucs will never have a winning record with Schiano. His defensive scheme is downright awful, fails at making in game adjustments and micro manages this team into losing. We are the Browns of the AFC.

Hard to argue with any of this

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
#16 : September 12, 2013, 01:12:46 PM

Bucs will never have a winning record with Schiano. His defensive scheme is downright awful, fails at making in game adjustments and micro manages this team into losing. We are the Browns of the AFC.

Agreed. Even though Raheem was a joke, at least he actually made in game adjustments in the 2nd half when the team was looking bad in the 1st half.

cover-too

Starter

#17 : September 12, 2013, 01:13:16 PM

We will know a lot more about the team come Sunday, but there is definitely reason for concern if you were looking for 6+ wins this year or an overall improvement from last season.  Just in this division where the Bucs play well, its hard to imagine them keeping pace with the likes of the saints or falcons and watching the panther's defense didn't exactly inspire confidence in the Bucs offense facing them 2x's.  The rest of the schedule looks pretty tough, if in fact, week 1 proves to be a gauge for how the teams on their schedule will play this year.  Definitely don't appear to be any "give-me" games this year.  Maybe the Bills and/or Dolphins but outside of that, and I don't think those are givens, they have a tough road this year to reach even 6 wins. 

I hope I'm wrong and Sunday they show something other than what they showed last Sunday or my football season will be long indeed having to wait to see what happens next with the Bucs.

PreferNFL

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 13, 2013, 07:02:50 AM

no conclusions were drawn in my post, hence the comment "True enough, it was just one game.........."

It was only one game if you just started watching the Bucs this past Sunday. Most of us watched 2011 and 2012 and this preseason.....so it wasn't just one game.

I'm guessing that I've seen somewhere in the neighborhood of 550 Buc games.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 13, 2013, 08:25:33 AM

Depends ...we beat the Saints suddenly everyone is thinking we can make a playoff run again.

Not me. This team is destined for 3 to 5 wins. Freeman has had 3 TDs and 10 Ints over his last four games, so it's about time for a good game. It won't change anything though. Just delaying the inevitable. Sooner he gets benched and Glennon starts, the better imo. That way there won't be even a shadow of a doubt that Glennon sucks too and we definitely have to drafts QB in the 1st round next year. Worst case scenario is letting Freeman walk, and passing on a 1st round QB because we need to give Glennon a shot at starting next year. We are already wasting an entire season, let's not make it two.
I don't see this team giving Glennon a shot if a good QB is there. Panthers gave up on Clausen after 10 starts.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 13, 2013, 11:46:50 AM

If Schiano is here in 2014 and Freeman is not, it would not surprise me in the least if we role with Glennon and take another back up QB in the 2nd round or 3rd round.

Sactobuc

Starter

#21 : September 13, 2013, 06:10:57 PM

and what is it with this franchise when it comes to drafting "franchise QB's" ?? ..................... :-X

How many teams actually have a franchise QB.... :-\

That is the question..... 8)

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 13, 2013, 08:08:59 PM

and what is it with this franchise when it comes to drafting "franchise QB's" ?? ..................... :-X

How many teams actually have a franchise QB.... :-\

That is the question..... 8)
roughly 1/3

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 13, 2013, 08:20:54 PM

I think a lot of people forget that the Bucs started out 1-3 last season before their bye week and by mid-season everyone was talking playoffs until their epic collapse down the stretch. Teams get hot. Teams get cold. 17 weeks is a long time.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 13, 2013, 08:38:52 PM

I think a lot of people forget that the Bucs started out 1-3 last season before their bye week and by mid-season everyone was talking playoffs until their epic collapse down the stretch. Teams get hot. Teams get cold. 17 weeks is a long time.

I don't. That's why I think it's hilarious when fans and even media say Freeman was good for 3/4 of the season. The truth is he sucked early and he sucked late. He was only good for a 5 game stretch against bad teams in the middle of the season.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PR's Prediction « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools