Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why blame Freeman and not the Glazers? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #15 : September 12, 2013, 09:06:26 AM »

If it turns out the Glazers have hired two straight turkeys for head coaches, they absolutely deserve the blame.
And blaming them amounts to what exactly? Should they fire themselves?

Thats what I mean when I say hard to hold them accountable.
They tried.. They let guys do their job and pony'd up major dough. I don't know what to blame the owners for.

Jerry Jones is the type of owner who can be blamed because he meddles but not the Glazers.

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #16 : September 12, 2013, 09:10:28 AM »

I mean, sure you can blame a lot of people

Why blame Freeman when you can blame his parents? Or his high school coach? Or anyone other than him?
I blame Kansas State

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #17 : September 12, 2013, 09:45:10 AM »

If it turns out the Glazers have hired two straight turkeys for head coaches, they absolutely deserve the blame.
this

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #18 : September 12, 2013, 09:45:46 AM »

It all starts at the top. Glazer-boys really ran this team on the lean, made it the place not to be.

About 8 years of CIRCUS BS. THANKS GLAZERS..

On Josh:
Drafted Free Morris's first year. We were all thrilled to be out from under the perceived over complications of Gruden's scheme.

Hired Jagodzinski for 15 minutes. To "fix" that debacle, we hand job to Olson (oh lord) who essentially uses Gruden's playbook.
L-O-L.  Shockingly, that experiment didn't go awesome.

Next,  we ELECT to bring in a read offense. The same offense that took  Eli Manning about four years to figure out. Brilliant.

Could we have handled Josh better? I think so.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #19 : September 12, 2013, 09:46:58 AM »

After a long discussion with a friend about the Bucs I thought I’d ask this question on this board. Before I start, I know fans can be unrealistically selective about how they love and hate. This year its Freeman and the last two years it’s been Blount. With that out the way we can look at what has happened. I'll try to keep this as short as possible. 

- 2008. Fired Gruden and hired Raheem
- 2009. Spent no money on FA and Bucs go 3-13
- 2010. Bucs go 10-6 and everyone is excited. No money spend on FA and we are told the Bucs will build through the draft.
- 2011. Again money isn’t spend on FA. Bucs go 4-12 and Raheem is fired. Multiple coaches are interviewed but none seem interested (it discussion could be a thread itself). Chip Kelly is named HC until he backed out. Time gone by and Schiano  was the choice prior to the season starting.
- 2012. Bucs signed FA V-Jax, Carl “the toe” Nicks (I couldn’t resist), and Eric “idiot” Wright. My friend question did the Bucs spend money cause they wanted to or cause they had to cause of the complicated cap rules. Bucs go 7-9
Including the time from 2008 – 2012, the number of blackouts during home games have been downright crazy.

Next lets look at what Freeman has been given to develop as a QB:

- 2009. Idiot Olsen
- 2010. Idiot Olsen
- 2011. Idiot Olsen
- 2012. Mike Sullivan
- 2013. Mike Sullivan

Looking at the big picture, what had the Glazer’s really done for this team the past few years?

This IS the big picture. Some will get it.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #20 : September 12, 2013, 09:47:39 AM »

They tried.. They let guys do their job and pony'd up major dough. I don't know what to blame the owners for.

Jerry Jones is the type of owner who can be blamed because he meddles but not the Glazers.
dude, they hand selected their HC choices instead of letting their GM make that decision.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #21 : September 12, 2013, 09:48:31 AM »

Of course the Glazers share in the blame if this goes soutth, why wouldnt they?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #22 : September 12, 2013, 09:48:40 AM »

And let's not forget, we only offered non-guaranteed contracts for coaches (the guys here to develop talent).

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #23 : September 12, 2013, 09:51:05 AM »

dude, they hand selected their HC choices instead of letting their GM make that decision.
I'm pretty sure hiring head coaches is almost always an ownership decision, not the GM.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #24 : September 12, 2013, 09:52:06 AM »

"Multiple coaches are interviewed but none seem interested"

If they weren't interested, why did they agree to an interview?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #25 : September 12, 2013, 10:00:56 AM »

After a long discussion with a friend about the Bucs I thought I’d ask this question on this board. Before I start, I know fans can be unrealistically selective about how they love and hate. This year its Freeman and the last two years it’s been Blount. With that out the way we can look at what has happened. I'll try to keep this as short as possible. 

- 2008. Fired Gruden and hired Raheem
- 2009. Spent no money on FA and Bucs go 3-13
- 2010. Bucs go 10-6 and everyone is excited. No money spend on FA and we are told the Bucs will build through the draft.
- 2011. Again money isn’t spend on FA. Bucs go 4-12 and Raheem is fired. Multiple coaches are interviewed but none seem interested (it discussion could be a thread itself). Chip Kelly is named HC until he backed out. Time gone by and Schiano  was the choice prior to the season starting.
- 2012. Bucs signed FA V-Jax, Carl “the toe” Nicks (I couldn’t resist), and Eric “idiot” Wright. My friend question did the Bucs spend money cause they wanted to or cause they had to cause of the complicated cap rules. Bucs go 7-9
Including the time from 2008 – 2012, the number of blackouts during home games have been downright crazy.

Next lets look at what Freeman has been given to develop as a QB:

- 2009. Idiot Olsen
- 2010. Idiot Olsen
- 2011. Idiot Olsen
- 2012. Mike Sullivan
- 2013. Mike Sullivan

Looking at the big picture, what had the Glazer’s really done for this team the past few years?

This IS the big picture. Some will get it.

There's nothing wrong with the plan.  The problem is the execution.  That falls on Dominik.  Sure, the Glazers hired Morris, but if Morris was the only problem, then you have an argument... but that hasn't been the case.  Dominik can't judge personnel.  He can't draft.  He can't get FA's unless he overpays.  I've been saying for years that Dominik was very bad at his job, and now you're seeing proof.  Hopefully he's gone by January.

BucsOnDeck88

Pro Bowler

« #26 : September 12, 2013, 10:04:06 AM »

Is this really a thread? And some of you wonder why we are known as the 'fickle-fanbase'. SMH

Its ok, Ive been here before... - Lovie Smith    ---------     Hes a great coach, hes been there before. - Lavonte David
Hes a great coach.  - Mike Evans

QaZ

Hall of Famer

« #27 : September 12, 2013, 10:18:30 AM »

Creating leverage in the negotiations with other teams (money and rights)? Maybe putting yourself on the radar for other teams.

Or just simple networking...gathering information about friend or foe.

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #28 : September 12, 2013, 10:48:15 AM »

Is this really a thread? And some of you wonder why we are known as the 'fickle-fanbase'. SMH
Fickle is just being nice.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #29 : September 12, 2013, 10:52:25 AM »

My guess is that the interviews went like this:

Dominik: We'd like to offer you the job

Coach: Great!  Do I get to draft a QB?

Dominik: No, Freeman is our QB at least through the 2013 season.

Coach: Sorry, but no thanks.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why blame Freeman and not the Glazers? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools