Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why blame Freeman and not the Glazers? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

« : September 12, 2013, 08:28:02 AM »

After a long discussion with a friend about the Bucs I thought I’d ask this question on this board. Before I start, I know fans can be unrealistically selective about how they love and hate. This year its Freeman and the last two years it’s been Blount. With that out the way we can look at what has happened. I'll try to keep this as short as possible. 

- 2008. Fired Gruden and hired Raheem
- 2009. Spent no money on FA and Bucs go 3-13
- 2010. Bucs go 10-6 and everyone is excited. No money spend on FA and we are told the Bucs will build through the draft.
- 2011. Again money isn’t spend on FA. Bucs go 4-12 and Raheem is fired. Multiple coaches are interviewed but none seem interested (it discussion could be a thread itself). Chip Kelly is named HC until he backed out. Time gone by and Schiano  was the choice prior to the season starting.
- 2012. Bucs signed FA V-Jax, Carl “the toe” Nicks (I couldn’t resist), and Eric “idiot” Wright. My friend question did the Bucs spend money cause they wanted to or cause they had to cause of the complicated cap rules. Bucs go 7-9
Including the time from 2008 – 2012, the number of blackouts during home games have been downright crazy.

Next lets look at what Freeman has been given to develop as a QB:

- 2009. Idiot Olsen
- 2010. Idiot Olsen
- 2011. Idiot Olsen
- 2012. Mike Sullivan
- 2013. Mike Sullivan

Looking at the big picture, what had the Glazer’s really done for this team the past few years?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #1 : September 12, 2013, 08:35:09 AM »

I blame Mark Dominik, Schiano, Freeman...in that order. Mark Dominik is the man who makes the staffing/personnel decisions. I think the Glazers are more hands off than people realize.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #2 : September 12, 2013, 08:35:40 AM »

Plus you aren't going to get anywhere chasing the owner with a pitch fork bro.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #3 : September 12, 2013, 08:40:02 AM »

I blame Mark Dominik, Schiano, Freeman...in that order. Mark Dominik is the man who makes the staffing/personnel decisions. I think the Glazers are more hands off than people realize.

Rockstar Dom? For realz? This team has more talent on it than it's had at least since the superbowl run. Offensively, maybe more talent than ever or at least in the last 20 years. Want to blame Schiano? I don't but the HC ultimately gets it. You can't be a successful HC in this league without a legit QB.  Schiano needs his man or he'll be gone at the end of the '14 season, right, wrong or indifferent.

Personally, I've said all year. This team will go as far as Josh Freeman can take it. He has more than enough talent on both sides of the ball, if he plays good we can easily win last week. He played bad and we still almost won, should have really. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Freeman but I'm a Free-realist, he is the limiting factor on this team this year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #4 : September 12, 2013, 08:42:06 AM »

Quote from: BucfanNC12
Why blame Freeman and not the Glazers?
Nope, don't care.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #5 : September 12, 2013, 08:48:53 AM »

Blame the Glazers for what? Owning the team and trying?

Get outta here.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #6 : September 12, 2013, 08:49:52 AM »

Rockstar Dom? For realz? This team has more talent on it than it's had at least since the superbowl run. Offensively, maybe more talent than ever or at least in the last 20 years. Want to blame Schiano? I don't but the HC ultimately gets it. You can't be a successful HC in this league without a legit QB.  Schiano needs his man or he'll be gone at the end of the '14 season, right, wrong or indifferent.

Personally, I've said all year. This team will go as far as Josh Freeman can take it. He has more than enough talent on both sides of the ball, if he plays good we can easily win last week. He played bad and we still almost won, should have really. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Freeman but I'm a Free-realist, he is the limiting factor on this team this year.

Ya, I have really soured on him over this offseason. I think that the lack of depth on this team is a huge issue. Not resigning guys and allowing unproven assests to come in and relying almost completely on those unknowns. (ie letting Bennett walk, going with Bowers/Te'o/Gholston/Means). The cornerback depth is questionable at best, he could have signed some veterans, instead he relys on LJ(sucks), Revis (knee), he drafted Mark Barron last year with a top 10 pick LOL! wtf a box saftey with a top 10? The o-line is questionable, especially in the depth category. Mark has not added quality backups through the draft. I think his resigning of guys like Clayton and Black were comical at best. I think he has swung and missed on virtually every FA signing besides VJAX and for now Goldson. There doesn't seem to be a plan...it started off "we are going to build through the draft, stay young grow our own guys. We don't believe in free agency." To "Lets sign every FA we can..." I think this Schiano hiring is questionable at best. I don't know what Schiano has won at the collegiate level that suggests he is qualified for the NFL. His record in the big east was pretty poor all time. He has had some decent draft picks, but the rest of these red flags are HUGE issues for me and I think one of the underlying reasons this team struggles as it does. When you rely on not being injured in the NFL you should expect to be an epic failure.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #7 : September 12, 2013, 08:49:59 AM »

If it turns out the Glazers have hired two straight turkeys for head coaches, they absolutely deserve the blame.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #8 : September 12, 2013, 08:56:43 AM »

If it turns out the Glazers have hired two straight turkeys for head coaches, they absolutely deserve the blame.

Maybe Raheem. But I get the feel good situation of that. They wanted to go with someone who was opposite of Gruden. They thought they had a Mike Tomlin, the next good young coach from the Buc tree. That was no doubt a mistake. I think the Schiano hiring is more on Dominik's plate.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #9 : September 12, 2013, 08:57:12 AM »

Quote from: Feel Real Good
It's hard to get really frustrated about that for me, because I don't actually know who they preferred to hire over those guys if anyone. If I could be a fly on the wall.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #10 : September 12, 2013, 08:58:15 AM »

And blaming them amounts to what exactly? Should they fire themselves?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #11 : September 12, 2013, 08:59:26 AM »

Quote from: youngone
Sell the team to Jacksonville! We'll have two teams in Jacksonville. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #12 : September 12, 2013, 09:00:46 AM »

Thats what I mean when I say hard to hold them accountable.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #13 : September 12, 2013, 09:02:01 AM »

I mean, sure you can blame a lot of people

Why blame Freeman when you can blame his parents? Or his high school coach? Or anyone other than him?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #14 : September 12, 2013, 09:04:09 AM »

I blame myself ultimately. It's all my fault.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why blame Freeman and not the Glazers? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools