Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: even NFLN talking about the funk in Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JohnT

Starter

#30 : September 13, 2013, 03:06:20 PM

A good QB will make a mediocre coach look good.
The reverse is not true.

I disagree.   Gruden actually made Chris Simms look good in 2005.   Gru is the ultimate genius for pulling that off.
I disagree. Simms had a lot of heart, but he didn't look good. And Gruden had a hard time making the other handful of QBs look good

Simms did nothing for any NFL head coach other than Gruden.   That speaks volumes.

Brad Johnson had a long career.   How many Super Bowls did he win and who was his head coach when he won that?   

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 13, 2013, 03:27:44 PM

A good QB will make a mediocre coach look good.
The reverse is not true.

I disagree.   Gruden actually made Chris Simms look good in 2005.   Gru is the ultimate genius for pulling that off.
was that the year we had a top 5 defense and didn't win a playoff game?
That was the year Simms gave it his all... Including his spleen... ::)

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 13, 2013, 03:45:46 PM

I think it's pretty obvious that some things were/are wrong over at one Buc. Clearly we don't want our players focusing on it, but lets not be naive.
A little criticism, and the story gets leaked about Josh missing team photos.
The "Pep Rally" -Too ironic lol

Maybe most troubling: the terrible scheming and game day play calling
See link :http://potg2.blogspot.com/?m=1

The Bucs have done their best to get in front of the recent news.. They've sent out their emails to the mouthpieces. From an image standpoint, I think they did a decent job of spinning it all into a simple story line or two. -"No big deal".

Schiano and Josh did a good job of saying the right things at PC.. I loved when Josh explained that the meeting was about "team bonding". Rich stuff. Btw, if the meeting was private, why do the coaches know what they discussed? Did they ask? I'm not at all sure they are all on the same page.

How it all seems to me now anyways.

Presently I think it's about keeping down any negative stuff about Josh in hopes to trade, rather than release him.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 13, 2013, 03:48:08 PM

S never makes mistakes.

It is all about one player.  QB1.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 13, 2013, 06:27:28 PM

Schiano is great. Bellicheat told us so. And look at the Pats. If Bellicheat left them tomorrow they would be a 5 win team.

Be careful when taking advice. You may think that you are getting Vincent Lombardi and end up with Bernie Madoff.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#35 : September 13, 2013, 06:31:38 PM

S is a very very good coach. Clearly, he knows what he is doing, and all these reports about this and that are ALL 105% (if there was such a number according to S) egregious stories that have nothing to do with the peace and harmony Coach Boom-Bats has instilled in the calm waters of the 1 Buc locker room.

He has this team focused, organized, and ready to win!

#BlameFree

I fear for your health

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 13, 2013, 06:34:27 PM

Belichick also told Cleveland and Kansas City that  Romeo Crennel was great.  Told Denver Josh McDaniels was great.  Told the Jets Eric Mangini was great.  Told Notre Dame Charlie Weis was great.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 13, 2013, 06:39:50 PM

Belichick also told Cleveland and Kansas City that  Romeo Crennel was great.  Told Denver Josh McDaniels was great.  Told the Jets Eric Mangini was great.  Told Notre Dame Charlie Weis was great.

He also said I was great, so what's your point?  :(

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 13, 2013, 06:43:53 PM

Schiano is great. Bellicheat told us so. And look at the Pats. If Bellicheat left them tomorrow they would be a 5 win team.

Be careful when taking advice. You may think that you are getting Vincent Lombardi and end up with Bernie Madoff.

...and we got "Madoff," didn't we??

SMH.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 13, 2013, 07:02:48 PM

He also said I was great, so what's your point?  :(
i think you are a great too 3SK.  Mod that is!  :)  That time you condense all those threads on the same topic into one big one, well that was great.  Or that time you moved that non football thread to the Cove, great as well.  Or all those spam threads you deleted...great!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: even NFLN talking about the funk in Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools