Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Players met to discuss Freeman's commitment « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #15 : September 12, 2013, 01:08:19 PM »

Ought to be interesting to see Ira's next meeting with Schiano or Freeman - "With some prodding by Tucker, Kaufman acknowledged that a players-only meeting occurred last week.  While Kaufman initially explained the meeting as an effort to address Freeman’s lack of commitment to the team, Kaufman eventually conceded that, as he hears it, the meeting was aimed at addressing concerns about both Freeman and the coaching staff."

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #16 : September 12, 2013, 01:09:01 PM »

IF this is true, why have we been hearing that Free is the first and last player in the building?
Probably where he goes to recover from hangovers.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #17 : September 12, 2013, 01:09:02 PM »

Is there ever a shortage of people selling rumors confirming what you want to hear?

Sailing2smth

Starter

« #18 : September 12, 2013, 01:12:18 PM »

Commitment...this team wants to talk a single player commitment?!

Judging by the **CENSORED** show they displayed @Jets about 35 players need to address their own level of commitment.  With all the bonehead penalties, false starts, O-line not being able to pick up the blitz or run block - yeah, its all Josh's fault.

Dy-nasty D

Starter
« #19 : September 12, 2013, 01:12:28 PM »

The media is selling a story. One frickin' game is lost and they (yes, you Scott) are ripping the team apart with stories that suddenly surfaced. If these stories are true, why wasn't this ever mentioned before? **CENSORED**, I'm glad these people bailing on the team after ONE game aren't ON the team.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #20 : September 12, 2013, 01:12:53 PM »

Ok, that's it, I'm done. Obviously Freeman wants out of Tampa. Let him go and start Glennon. Trade him for a decent TE and a 4th round pick in next year's draft. Maybe we can use it to trade up for a better pick at some point. This season is in the toilet already but we've got to start somewhere and canceling the games isn't an option As much as he's been attacked here and everywhere else, it's easy to see why he would want to leave. Maybe Schiano can salvage enough so the Bucs can be competitive in 2 or 3 years, or we can run him out of town too and start all over again from scratch. Maybe there's enough here to get Parcells to turn down the Glazers again. I'll root for whoever is here, no matter what, but this sucks. Just when the team was finally getting some decent talent.......

Dy-nasty D

Starter
« #21 : September 12, 2013, 01:15:26 PM »

"Season is in the toilet already" - way to hang in there Sparky.

This team needs a little Dungy-ism here - "Never as bad as you look, never as good as you look." It's ONE game, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets surprise a lot of teams.

Anubis

Hall of Famer

« #22 : September 12, 2013, 01:15:42 PM »

Profootballtalk reported this players only meeting actually happened BEFORE week 1.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #23 : September 12, 2013, 01:17:41 PM »

LOL no way this is forgotten with a win! Again, I am with everyone on IF this is accurate, that being said, IF this is accurate this thing is OVER waaaaayyyyyy over. First for Josh, then for Schiano then for Dominik. This would be an embarrassment of EPIC proportions. If the players are quesitoning the coaches and the starting QB, we have MAJOR issues. We probably only have seen the tip of the iceberg.

Additionally, I don't see how, even when the truth is shaken out of this, it could be a good scenario. Lets says the Bucs are planting bad PR for Freeman. WTF?!? What kind of organization would pull a stunt like that to deflect from their coaching staff? Lets say it was only about the captain vote...if Schiano switched it WTF?!?! what kinda coach would pull that?...If he didn't why is there speculation that he did? Who is starting that? Is it a player? PFT obviously has a mole in that building. I don't see any possible way this thing comes out ok. I certainly don't see a win on Sunday, and even if they do how do you wipe away this ugly stain? OMG their pressers should be interesting today...

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #24 : September 12, 2013, 01:20:53 PM »

Do you think that Mark Dominik is sitting at One Buc on the verge of imploding? Do you think he feels like a king of a city that is being sacked or folding in on itself? I am disgusted that this team isn't what I thought it was going to be. I wasted all offseason getting my hopes up to watch this mess? Well played Bucs promotional team, well played.

JM2

Pro Bowler

« #25 : September 12, 2013, 01:21:05 PM »

The saints looked good last Sunday, this game could get way out of hand and if it does, just get out your popcorn.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #26 : September 12, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »

The saints looked good last Sunday, this game could get way out of hand and if it does, just get out your popcorn.
yup. could realistically see Glennon in this game

cover-too

Starter

« #27 : September 12, 2013, 01:23:17 PM »

"Season is in the toilet already" - way to hang in there Sparky.

This team needs a little Dungy-ism here - "Never as bad as you look, never as good as you look." It's ONE game, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets surprise a lot of teams.

Well, we will get a good look at how the jets are tonight against a very injured and beatable patriots team. 

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #28 : September 12, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »

The media is selling a story. One frickin' game is lost and they (yes, you Scott) are ripping the team apart with stories that suddenly surfaced. If these stories are true, why wasn't this ever mentioned before? **CENSORED**, I'm glad these people bailing on the team after ONE game aren't ON the team.

Yeah, it is all the Media.  None of it is true.  This team isn't 24-41 under MD.  Everything is puppy dogs and rainbows.

GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dy-nasty D

Starter
« #29 : September 12, 2013, 01:25:27 PM »

Meahwhile, while Joseph, Nicks, Penn and Zuttah are eating up our cap space, I hope the team meeting was about trying to figure out why our high-priced OLine plays like a sack of **CENSORED**. IMO, the OL was the biggest culprit in our debut.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Players met to discuss Freeman's commitment « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools