Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Page in the slot? « previous next »
Page: 1

soxfan712

Practice Squad

: September 12, 2013, 02:30:49 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tampa-bay-bucs-eric-page-starting-slot-receiver-155600234--nfl.html

The writer talks about the Bucs needing another weapon on offense, and that Page should be given an opportunity at the slot position. The writer gives three points for this: The Bucs lack a true slot receiver; Kevin Ogletree has done nothing to show he's capable of being a slot receiver for this team; Josh Freeman needs a security blanket to throw to when he is under pressure.

Page has done well in the return game, and with Jeff Demps returning to the team this week, I could see Demps possibly filling in for Page returning punts and kicks.

What do you guys think?

BucsWin31

Starter

#1 : September 12, 2013, 02:35:39 PM

Whats the worse that could happen??? I say go for it

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 12, 2013, 02:36:19 PM

Might as well, season's over anyway =P

Jumper

Second String

#3 : September 12, 2013, 02:42:48 PM

I think Ogletree and Stocker are going to have monster breakout games this week. LOL In seriousness though someone else deserves a go at it so why not

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 12, 2013, 02:52:33 PM

I just don't see NO's pass rush getting to JF this week as quickly...    equals less need for that dump off IMO.

Still a need - somebody out there has to do that job... maybe Lorig?   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucsSavant

Starter

#5 : September 12, 2013, 03:00:02 PM

Might as well give him a shot, can't be worse than Ogletree was. He caught over 100 balls one year in college, and has the build and intangibles of a slot reciever, so I don't see why not.

Mic

Starter

#6 : September 12, 2013, 03:23:56 PM

The reason we keep Ogletree as our 3rd receiver is because we like to put him on the outside and let Jackson slide into the slot. The defense not knowing if Jackson is gonna be at the slot or outside can create mismatches and keep defense on their heel. But i would not mind Page to get the nod over Tree

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 12, 2013, 04:01:42 PM

The reason we keep Ogletree as our 3rd receiver is because we like to put him on the outside and let Jackson slide into the slot. The defense not knowing if Jackson is gonna be at the slot or outside can create mismatches and keep defense on their heel. But i would not mind Page to get the nod over Tree

Have Ogletree and Page split time then.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 12, 2013, 04:30:26 PM

Dude, Page beasted out in college.  Give him a shot, at least.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eric Page in the slot? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools