Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think John Lynch calls Buc games fair and balanced ? « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : September 13, 2013, 02:38:05 AM »

Controlling the Dial

There were more hours of NFL pregame coverage (19) than actual game time (13) on Sunday. We cut through the noise to bring you the best insights, the top analysts and what to watch for in Week 2

By
Richard Deitsch    SI.com

·

Michael J. LeBrecht II/1Deuce3 Photography -

There were 19 hours of pregame NFL programming on Sunday, an auditory orgy of analysis on everything from RG3 to AD to EJ3. No (sane) person can track everything, but we’re here to provide 10 media items of note on the weekend that was and the week coming up:

Cowher hasn’t coach an NFL game since December 2006.
 - (Gene Puskar/AP)

Bill Cowher last coached in an NFL game on Dec. 31, 2006.

Remarkably, he has worked as a studio analyst for CBS Sports since Feb. 2007 and even as coaching openings have come and gone, Cowher has stayed at The NFL Today. Each year I’m more impressed with his work on a show that has long been a mixed bag, equal parts thoughtful commentary and a tendency to chortle at the drop of a lame one-liner. Cowher did a nice job this week diagramming how to defend the Pistol formation and explained in lay terms why the read-option provides a level of comfort for young quarterbacks who are used to playing in open space, such as the Bills’ E.J. Manuel and the Jets’ Geno Smith. In addition, each time I interview Cowher, I become more convinced he’s never going back into coaching.

“I want to get better, I really want to work at this job, and most of all, I am enjoying it,” Cowher told The MMQB. “I’m challenging myself to be better at it. At the same time, broadcasting has given me more flexibility in my lifestyle that I never had before. I am in New York most of the time and I also have a place in North Carolina. My daughter is down there [North Carolina] and is married to an NHL player who plays for the Carolina Hurricanes [Kevin Westgarth]. My youngest daughter just got engaged to Ryan Kelly who was drafted [in the second round] by the Lakers this year. Broadcasting has really afforded me things I have never been able to do before like travel and to get a little bit of normalcy. I’ve really embraced that.”[/size]

"People think that you get money and you are going to change,” Cris Carter said of Aaron Hernandez.

“No, getting money makes you a bigger whatever you already are".

6. Fox Sports broadcasters Kevin Burkhardt and John Lynch will call the Saints at Bucs (4:05 p.m. ET) this Sunday and I’ll be curious to hear what fans in those cities thought of the pair after a successful debut broadcasting the Jets win over the Bucs. Burkhardt did something late in that game that I rarely see a play-by-play announcer do these days: He called the final minute of an NFL game in understated tones. There was no over-the-top-screaming on New York’s game-winning field goal or when Tampa Bay linebacker Lavonte David took a brutal penalty to set up the game-winning field goal. Of course, there are some who weren’t happy with Burkhardt and Lynch, as we see on this Jets Insider message board.

John Lynch (homerism) and his partner were really tough to listen to. I couldn't find my radio and had to deal with it. Did anyone catch when after Folk makes the field goal they said "and the circus continues." Blatant homerism all game long too.

John Lynch (homerism) and his partner were really tough to listen to. I couldn't find my radio and had to deal with it. Did anyone catch when after Folk makes the field goal they said "and the circus continues." Blatant homerism all game long too.
 That last comment from Lynch really pissed me off. Do the Pats* get little comments about their alleged mass murderer from announcers this season? "The bloodbath continues!" Fck you John Lynch.

And he also made some long and stupid point about how because Revis was on the Bucs Cro was going to have to adjust to covering number 1 receivers and totally made it sound like Revis played for the Jets all year last year.

Luckily I was watching in a crowded bar ... With a baby on my lap for the second 1/2 (don't judge ... He was only drinking apple juice!) ... Even with all those distractions I felt the same way .... Finally I saw a clip showing Lynch was one of them & eurika !!! It all made sense

Burkhardt is a NY guy (works for SNY as a Mets broadcast reporter) and wanted to act like all the other "cool" media guys by perpetuating the circus theme.

What annoyed me was how they continued to tell stupid stories while actual critical plays were going on down on the field. There was an interception play as I recall where they seemingly ignored it just to continue telling some stupid story. Totally inept.

I didnt think Burkhardt was too bad, Lyncg was hideous and biased though

Agreed...when you are working with an absolute moron, you can only do so much

He was horrible,horrible,horrible!!!!
 He called Ivory, Bilal Powell twice at beginning of game, made tons of other mistakes, and let important plays go without even referring to them. Totally biased guy!!! Get rid of him!!!

Great announcing game all around. Props to the sideline reporter with her up to date injury report on the Jets new center, Jeff Mangold.

The whole entire fox crew is just terrible.

The Revis storyline was completely beaten to death. I understand it was a hot topic, but there's other things to discuss. Also, we don't need to be reminded who he's guarding on EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

The entire broadcast was horribly done. Burkhardt sounded like a novice, constantly botching words and sentences. I'll stick to CBS' crews.

The Revis storyline was completely beaten to death. I understand it was a hot topic, but there's other things to discuss. Also, we don't need to be reminded who he's guarding on EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

The entire broadcast was horribly done. Burkhardt sounded like a novice, constantly botching words and sentences. I'll stick to CBS' crews.
 Get used to it. We're not going to be drawing the top broadcasting teams this year.

When it comes to Fox(anything), you may be expecting too much.
 Would you rather have Dierdorf??
 IMO, there's no one worse.

I enjoyed Burkhardt, Lynch was a clown.
 But my love of the Mets may be clouding my judgement on KB doing football.

Lynch was terrible. Absolutely nothing insightful to say.

I enjoyed Burkhardt, Lynch was a clown. But my love of the Mets may be clouding my judgement on KB doing football.
 You have to wonder what Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez, and Ron Darling think of KB's performance especially after calling the Jets a CIRCUS..... Anyone remember that part after the Jets won the game? I was like HUH?

Another advantage of being at the game is not having to watch or listen to media blowhards tell me what I am seeing...

Very "fair and balanced" though of Fakes to assign a Tampa Bay former star player to provide the color comments.

The 'circus' comment didn't really piss me off. To me, it just showed that these guys are so uninformed that they HAVE to use talking points and regurgitate what the networks say. They simply are too ignorant for me to be offended by them.

not to mention how they were trying to defend goldson after his blatent personal foul
on cumberland.... that was an easy call

[/i]

gone

Hall of Famer
« #1 : September 13, 2013, 06:25:25 AM »

Controlling the Dial

There were more hours of NFL pregame coverage (19) than actual game time (13) on Sunday. We cut through the noise to bring you the best insights, the top analysts and what to watch for in Week 2

By
Richard Deitsch    SI.com

·

Michael J. LeBrecht II/1Deuce3 Photography -

There were 19 hours of pregame NFL programming on Sunday, an auditory orgy of analysis on everything from RG3 to AD to EJ3. No (sane) person can track everything, but we’re here to provide 10 media items of note on the weekend that was and the week coming up:

Cowher hasn’t coach an NFL game since December 2006.
 - (Gene Puskar/AP)

Bill Cowher last coached in an NFL game on Dec. 31, 2006.

Remarkably, he has worked as a studio analyst for CBS Sports since Feb. 2007 and even as coaching openings have come and gone, Cowher has stayed at The NFL Today. Each year I’m more impressed with his work on a show that has long been a mixed bag, equal parts thoughtful commentary and a tendency to chortle at the drop of a lame one-liner. Cowher did a nice job this week diagramming how to defend the Pistol formation and explained in lay terms why the read-option provides a level of comfort for young quarterbacks who are used to playing in open space, such as the Bills’ E.J. Manuel and the Jets’ Geno Smith. In addition, each time I interview Cowher, I become more convinced he’s never going back into coaching.

“I want to get better, I really want to work at this job, and most of all, I am enjoying it,” Cowher told The MMQB. “I’m challenging myself to be better at it. At the same time, broadcasting has given me more flexibility in my lifestyle that I never had before. I am in New York most of the time and I also have a place in North Carolina. My daughter is down there [North Carolina] and is married to an NHL player who plays for the Carolina Hurricanes [Kevin Westgarth]. My youngest daughter just got engaged to Ryan Kelly who was drafted [in the second round] by the Lakers this year. Broadcasting has really afforded me things I have never been able to do before like travel and to get a little bit of normalcy. I’ve really embraced that.”[/size]

"People think that you get money and you are going to change,” Cris Carter said of Aaron Hernandez.

“No, getting money makes you a bigger whatever you already are".

6. Fox Sports broadcasters Kevin Burkhardt and John Lynch will call the Saints at Bucs (4:05 p.m. ET) this Sunday and I’ll be curious to hear what fans in those cities thought of the pair after a successful debut broadcasting the Jets win over the Bucs. Burkhardt did something late in that game that I rarely see a play-by-play announcer do these days: He called the final minute of an NFL game in understated tones. There was no over-the-top-screaming on New York’s game-winning field goal or when Tampa Bay linebacker Lavonte David took a brutal penalty to set up the game-winning field goal. Of course, there are some who weren’t happy with Burkhardt and Lynch, as we see on this Jets Insider message board.

That last comment from Lynch really pissed me off. Do the Pats* get little comments about their alleged mass murderer from announcers this season? "The bloodbath continues!" Fck you John Lynch.

And he also made some long and stupid point about how because Revis was on the Bucs Cro was going to have to adjust to covering number 1 receivers and totally made it sound like Revis played for the Jets all year last year.

Luckily I was watching in a crowded bar ... With a baby on my lap for the second 1/2 (don't judge ... He was only drinking apple juice!) ... Even with all those distractions I felt the same way .... Finally I saw a clip showing Lynch was one of them & eurika !!! It all made sense

Burkhardt is a NY guy (works for SNY as a Mets broadcast reporter) and wanted to act like all the other "cool" media guys by perpetuating the circus theme.

What annoyed me was how they continued to tell stupid stories while actual critical plays were going on down on the field. There was an interception play as I recall where they seemingly ignored it just to continue telling some stupid story. Totally inept.

He was horrible,horrible,horrible!!!!
 He called Ivory, Bilal Powell twice at beginning of game, made tons of other mistakes, and let important plays go without even referring to them. Totally biased guy!!! Get rid of him!!!

Great announcing game all around. Props to the sideline reporter with her up to date injury report on the Jets new center, Jeff Mangold.

The whole entire fox crew is just terrible.

Get used to it. We're not going to be drawing the top broadcasting teams this year.

When it comes to Fox(anything), you may be expecting too much.
 Would you rather have Dierdorf??
 IMO, there's no one worse.

I enjoyed Burkhardt, Lynch was a clown.
 But my love of the Mets may be clouding my judgement on KB doing football.

Lynch was terrible. Absolutely nothing insightful to say.

I enjoyed Burkhardt, Lynch was a clown. But my love of the Mets may be clouding my judgement on KB doing football.
 You have to wonder what Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez, and Ron Darling think of KB's performance especially after calling the Jets a CIRCUS..... Anyone remember that part after the Jets won the game? I was like HUH?

Another advantage of being at the game is not having to watch or listen to media blowhards tell me what I am seeing...

Very "fair and balanced" though of Fakes to assign a Tampa Bay former star player to provide the color comments.

The 'circus' comment didn't really piss me off. To me, it just showed that these guys are so uninformed that they HAVE to use talking points and regurgitate what the networks say. They simply are too ignorant for me to be offended by them.

not to mention how they were trying to defend goldson after his blatent personal foul
on cumberland.... that was an easy call

[/i]

WTF was that?

you can't get good bots these days....

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #2 : September 13, 2013, 07:24:33 AM »

tha f*ck, michaelbot?

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think John Lynch calls Buc games fair and balanced ? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools