Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why do you still support Josh Freeman? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#75 : September 15, 2013, 08:26:04 AM

I support the Bucs and what I believe is best for the Bucs. I think Freeman has shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is not the future and will not get an extension, so I think the sooner we move on from him the better. I think Freeman needs to go so the Bucs can succeed....so no. I don't support Freeman. I'm not rooting for him to fail on Sundays. As long as he is out there leading us, I hope he does well....but I expect him to suck and look forward to having a new QB next year.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#76 : September 15, 2013, 08:29:33 AM

I support him because he gives us the best chance at getting a high draft pick.  He's led us to the 3rd and 5th pick before.  I think last year was 13 before that was shipped for Revis.  I think he can lead us to another top 5 pick.  We could get an amazing player if he leads us to the top 5 again.  Maybe Bridgewater, Mariota, or Boyd for QBs.  There are some amazing OTs this year..Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan, and Cyrus Kounadijo.  Than of course there is Jadeveon Clowney at DE.

So I say start him and go through one more painful season with him and than we can hopefully get one of those guys.  Oh yeah, also, we can finally take his salary off the books next year so we'd have some money to get some more impact free agents.

Gotta admit....this gave me a good chuckle.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#77 : September 15, 2013, 08:35:47 AM

Hell yah. When we dump Freeman for a rookie QB next year, not only do we get a new exciting QB to root for....we gain about $10M in cap space to fill other holes! I support the hell out of that!

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#78 : September 15, 2013, 10:23:10 AM

I support the Bucs and what I believe is best for the Bucs. I think Freeman has shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is not the future and will not get an extension, so I think the sooner we move on from him the better. I think Freeman needs to go so the Bucs can succeed....so no. I don't support Freeman. I'm not rooting for him to fail on Sundays. As long as he is out there leading us, I hope he does well....but I expect him to suck and look forward to having a new QB next year.

But 2013 was about lettting Freeman earn it. What did Freeman show @NYJ we did not see the last 57 games?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#79 : September 15, 2013, 12:11:11 PM

It's gonna be funny how many of the 'real fans stand behind the QB' people make hypocrites out of themselves once Freeman is no longer the starter.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#80 : September 15, 2013, 12:13:13 PM

Hell yah. When we dump Freeman for a rookie QB next year, not only do we get a new exciting QB to root for....we gain about $10M in cap space to fill other holes! I support the hell out of that!

And a couple of more years of losing. When will you understand that RGIII (book is still out on him BTW), Wilson and Luck were anomolies? You think Bridgewater, Boyd, Maritoa, etc are going to come in a lead their teams to the playoffs? Think again.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#81 : September 15, 2013, 12:14:17 PM

I want to see the Bucs win!

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#82 : September 15, 2013, 12:18:17 PM

I'd like to see fantasy football and real football fans be able to separate fantasy from reality.

Drop this season to get a rookie QB who won't get us to the playoffs for X seasons?

fantasy vs reality.   Guess which one.   Some of y'all should check yourself, seriously.

Lol

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#83 : September 15, 2013, 12:44:54 PM

So if this trade rumor is true and Freeman wants out.....you all still supporting your boy? Just curious.

shall555

Starter

#84 : September 15, 2013, 12:48:25 PM

And a couple of more years of losing. When will you understand that RGIII (book is still out on him BTW), Wilson and Luck were anomolies? You think Bridgewater, Boyd, Maritoa, etc are going to come in a lead their teams to the playoffs? Think again.

BRAVO!

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#85 : September 15, 2013, 12:55:46 PM

I support Josh when he plays because if he does figure it out, we win. When I don't support him is when we're down by two scores late in a game and he pulls off a miracle drive to make it look like we have a chance. Or games like last week when he's a liability the entire game and then "leads" (use that loosely) a go-ahead drive and people clamor over how clutch he is. It's the teasing that drives me crazy. I'd rather him figure it out or just completely crap the bed.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#86 : September 15, 2013, 01:00:38 PM

You think Bridgewater, Boyd, Maritoa, etc are going to come in a lead their teams to the playoffs? Think again.

Why can't they, Nostradamus?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#87 : September 15, 2013, 01:05:17 PM

You think Bridgewater, Boyd, Maritoa, etc are going to come in a lead their teams to the playoffs? Think again.

Why can't they, Nostradamus?
Because teams with rookies at QB never make the playoffs except for last year.
Usually it's year 3 or 4 like with Flacco, Ryan, Dalton.... oh wait!!!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#88 : September 15, 2013, 02:06:13 PM

I saw Josh in Target today with his...girlfriend? I saw him a few times while shopping with my wife, and then we were behind him in line for about 5 minutes. All I said was "Good luck tomorrow" he said "thanks man" and that was it.

After we left the store, my wife (who knows nothing of football) asked me why it was that nobody other than me said anything to Freeman. Nobody asked for a picture. No autograph requests. No other "good luck man" from anyone. She wanted to know why he was completed ignored and actually thought that I might have been mistaken and it wasn't actually Freeman.

I assured her it was most definitely Freeman, but I had to admit I didn't have an answer to her question. I mean, if Tony Romo or Tom Brady went for a walk without security they would be mobbed my fans and media alike....but Freeman just walks around freely and is completely ignored. That is kinda wierd isn't it? I've never lived in a city where it is common place to see NFL players consistently. Are people just use to it and know to give the players their privacy? It just seems odd to me and I couldn't help but wonder if being completely ignored in public would have an effect on a players confidence.

Any long time Tampa residence care to share their opinion?

You've hit on one of the key points why the team must move on from Freeman.   The fans in the area don't care about Freeman - and that translates to lack of ticket sales.   There are reasons that the Bucs didn't start having blackouts until Freeman became starting QB, and Josh Freeman is one of them.

Blackouts started before Freeman ever got here, but the Glazers put up the money to prevent them. Nice try troll.

Beside, what are you doing here, heard you were banned along with a few of your "buddies".

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#89 : September 15, 2013, 02:16:56 PM

Yup. Stan slapping Java around. Hey Java, you still like Stan now? 

Good post Stan. Trollinator Stan.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why do you still support Josh Freeman? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools